It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Any Christians Frightened By What Is Happening In The World?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

I have no doubt about that, but the idea of a "Rapture" has only been part of church doctrine for about 175 years or so.

Not true, don't buy into that internet myth. The rapture doctrine has been re-established for the past 175 years of so, but it was in sermons by the early church fathers, and of course from Peter and Paul. The reason the teaching went dormant is because the Romans made Christianity the state religion. The clergy was on the government's payroll. Augustine began to allegorize much of scripture at this point and the rapture doctrine was tossed aside as was the 1,000 year reign of Christ on Earth because it wasn't a popular thing for the clergy to tell people the Jesus would be coming back to rid the world of it's evil governments.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Just bow humbly before the Lord and do his bidding as best you can. I pray for the strength and ability to do God's will, whatever it may be (if it is His will that I do His will). Whether the end times arrive tomorrow or a thousand centuries from now, I figure either way its the best policy.

edit on 3/24/2011 by Tarnished Templar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Am i afraid- no. Am i afraid for my loved ones-yes. I have been waiting for these times since i was 12 years old. i am so excited, i know the lord has big plans for me and my loved ones. he put me in all the right situations, i know i could survive through pretty much anything. im a cockroach of a human being

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by n0tsan3
reply to post by OldCorp

The SKS in your profile picture. Is it a norinco by chance? Mine has the same color finish. Have a nice day!

It IS a ChiCom SKS as a matter of fact. Good eye.

It's accurate, the ammo is cheap, and it'll put a real hurting upon anything at which I aim.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

In reply to the title of the thread, no sir. Not at all.
It will be what it is.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
About a year ago a woman i work with was hospitalized for seeing and speaking to Jesus, I found it ironic because it was in a Catholic hospital.
When I went to visit her she seemed very calm and rational. As I spoke to her about what happened she told me something that freaked me out. She told me when she spoke to Jesus he had a message for me! It was that I was to keep reading about The Apocalypse, especially the part about the "reversal of money". It stunned me because I was reading about The Apocalypse and the four horsemen a few weeks earlier. It was totally impossible she could've known this! I don't even remember why I was reading about it and I am not Christian. There were messages she gave to other co-workers too.
I didn't let on and never said a word to her since. I still work with her but I'm afraid to bring it up but I find the events since the beginning of 2011 very prophetic.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by OldCorp

I have no doubt about that, but the idea of a "Rapture" has only been part of church doctrine for about 175 years or so.

Not true, don't buy into that internet myth. The rapture doctrine has been re-established for the past 175 years of so, but it was in sermons by the early church fathers, and of course from Peter and Paul. The reason the teaching went dormant is because the Romans made Christianity the state religion. The clergy was on the government's payroll. Augustine began to allegorize much of scripture at this point and the rapture doctrine was tossed aside as was the 1,000 year reign of Christ on Earth because it wasn't a popular thing for the clergy to tell people the Jesus would be coming back to rid the world of it's evil governments.

The words of Ephraim circa 300 A.D. were conveyed to me earlier. I stand corrected.

And now, it's time for me to hit the rack. I can't wait to get back into this after chores and school carpool in the morning.

If it's not too much to ask, could some of you folks keep me in your prayers? RL chit is gettin' deep, and I ain't got no waders.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Psalm 23 True faith should rid you of fear. I view the happenings as exciting and eventful times. Never have I seen where the rapture is relevent, given its origin. "These are the final days." I have heard that since I was young-50 plus years ago. Giving in to scaring children out of their future, is not my idea of Christianity. But it happens again and again. I think we should appreciate what is happening, help our fellow man, and prepare ourselves, as best we can.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Those who do not, well they might want to start. Simply believing in his name is not enough, it never was. Keep his commandments.

If you love him, keep his commandments.
If you love him, you will love all.

Christ didn't "love all". He specifically said in the garden that He was NOT praying for the world, but for His sheep only.

"I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine." John 17:9

And you're also wrong about salvation. Jesus said anyone who calls upon Him He will not cast out:

"All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out." John 6:37

Please stop teaching others what you think Christ said or taught. You're off-base half the time.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Myollinir

I don't know how much history you've researched... but things like this happen ALL THE TIME.

Christ said when the specific events came along like birth pangs of a woman the end was fast approaching. Yes, all the tell-tale signs have been happening since creation, but what we need to evaluate is if they are happening with greater intensity and frequency. You may want to look at Dr. David Reagan's study into the "exponential curves" of all these major events Christ described. All the "signs" have been increasing in intensity and frequency by exponential curves only this past 100 years.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Burgo
reply to post by OldCorp

I was of the belief that first the anti-christ must come first then lucifer posing as Lord Jesus Christ & that he would fool billions.

anxious yes scared no

No, "anti" in antichrist means = against Christ. He will be against anything that has to do with jesus Christ. He will also reject the Trinity and the deity of Jesus Christ.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

I believe that Jesus Christ willingly gave Himself up to be tortured and crucified to pay the price for my sins
He supposedly did that long before you were ever born. So basically, Humans have the right to sin because Jesus took the punishment for it? Humans can always sin, but we can always just say "Oh, Jesus has paid the price for my sins, so I'm all good". Even if you sin your whole life forgiveness right at the last minute is enough to get you into heaven according to all the christian lectures I've listened to.

When Jesus returns I will admit I was wrong and take my eternal punishment...if god wants me to feel pain for an infinite amount of time, so be it. I'm sure I can only hurt so long...if I am not killed pain will become meaningless before long. The real torture will be infinite existence.

edit on 24-3-2011 by WhizPhiz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by pshea38
Daniel and Revelations decoded.
The anti-christ is prince william(the new arthur), son of charles and diana.

www.grailcode.net...

Enjoy and keep your eyes wide open.

Wow, really? The Bible declares the antichrist must carry these four titles: The Assyrian, The Pharaoh of Egypt, The Prince of Tyre, and the King of Babylon. And the Bible also declares what nations Christ will judge upon His return, I'll give you a hint:

Not one of these nations is in Europe, they are all Muslim nations.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I think 8 people survived the flood of Noah. No one measures up. God's grace is what saves us. If it wasn't for grace no one would go to heaven. I used to ask God for help in dealing with life and that still small voice would say," My grace is sufficient unto thee." I'm not too worried. The book of Revelation speaks of a multitude who washed their robes in the blood of the Lamb, so hopefully more than 8 people will be saved out of the tribulation.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
reply to post by mayabong

I'm not a christian, but it seems like if you TRULY believed christ was coming you'd be pretty excited.

I swear my very first thought was, 'No way! I am excited!' But I figured I'd immediately get flamed...

I know this is probably coming in a bit late, but you really shouldn't be afraid of anything that you truly believe in. Who cares if they flame you, their opinions are just that. Their opinions. I can say, as a non-Christian... perhaps agnostic now... I believe we are living... some sort of final days before something big happens. The only thing that I honestly fear is: What if I'm wrong? What if this 'God' truly exists. Will I be saved if I fall to my knees and beg forgiveness for my doubts, or will I be cast away? That's the only thing I'm afraid of. Yeah, it probably seems cowardly, but compared to hell, ascending certainly seems a lot better of an option...

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Any of you who feel you are going to be raptured on May 21 should give all of your wordly belongings to charity. Now. If you are unwilling to do that, then you are just trying to get attention with your silly rambling.

I saw one of these clowns with his big banner across his semi truck with that May 21st garbage and my first thought was, "Why is he out there driving a truck instead of being at home with his friends and family if he really believes that?" Yes, the argument could be made that he has neither firends nor family, but I doubt that since he probably goes to church, and would have friends there.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

reply to post by IAMIAM

Those who do not, well they might want to start. Simply believing in his name is not enough, it never was. Keep his commandments.

If you love him, keep his commandments.
If you love him, you will love all.

Christ didn't "love all". He specifically said in the garden that He was NOT praying for the world, but for His sheep only.

"I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine." John 17:9

Here is the WHOLE conversation.

1These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee: 2As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him. 3And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent. 4I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do. 5And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was. 6I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word. 7Now they have known that all things whatsoever thou hast given me are of thee. 8For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me. 9I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine. 10And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them. 11And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are. 12While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled. 13And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves. 14I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. 15I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil. 16They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. 17Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth. 18As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world. 19And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.

20Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word; 21That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. 22And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: 23I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me. 24Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world. 25O righteous Father, the world hath not known thee: but I have known thee, and these have known that thou hast sent me. 26And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.

And you're also wrong about salvation. Jesus said anyone who calls upon Him He will not cast out:

"All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out." John 6:37

Please stop teaching others what you think Christ said or taught. You're off-base half the time.

Again, you might understand what is said if you read the whole story instead of choosing from your ready made list of "I am special" quotes.

26Jesus answered them and said, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Ye seek me, not because ye saw the miracles, but because ye did eat of the loaves, and were filled. 27Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed.

So here we have the 5000 people who came to Christ and he lays out what they should do. Labor for the meat which endureth unto everlasting life. Labor for the meat of the spirt. Christ will teach them because he is sealed by God.

28Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? 29Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent. 30They said therefore unto him, What sign shewest thou then, that we may see, and believe thee? what dost thou work? 31Our fathers did eat manna in the desert; as it is written, He gave them bread from heaven to eat. 32Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven. 33For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.

They ask what shall they do, Christ says believe what I say. They ask for a sign so they can believe him. They state that Moses gave them a sign by the bread in the desert. Christ corrects them, Moses did NOT give them bread, but God did. God gives the true bread which is life unto the world.

34Then said they unto him, Lord, evermore give us this bread. 35And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst. 36But I said unto you, That ye also have seen me, and believe not.

So, they ask for this bread. Jesus says he IS the bread of life, he that comes to him will never hunger, he that BELIEVES will never thirst, but some will see and believe NOT.

Which is what happens when people do not believe Christ when he says later to keep the commandments, give your money to the poor, pick up your cross and follow me etc.

He is laying out the conditions of being his follower here. The teachings come later.

37All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. 38For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. 39And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day. 40And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

All that the father gives him, he will take. The father sent him and so shall the father decide who follows him. Everyone who sees the Son and BELIEVES him may have everlasting life. Believing him is a pretty big deal.

41The Jews then murmured at him, because he said, I am the bread which came down from heaven. 42And they said, Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? how is it then that he saith, I came down from heaven? 43Jesus therefore answered and said unto them, Murmur not among yourselves. 44No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him:

Again, no man can come to Christ except the father drawing him to him.

and I will raise him up at the last day. 45It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me. 46Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father.

Every man who has learned of the father, comes to him. No one has seen the father.

47Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. 48I am that bread of life. 49Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead. 50This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die. 51I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world. 52The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, How can this man give us his flesh to eat?

This is a test to see who will believe what he says. He already made it clear that you had to believe him to receive everlasting life. Now he is testing that belief. So, you want to follow me and say you believe me. Alright, you have to eat my flesh and drink my blood! LOL. Christ was brilliant.

53Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. 54Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. 55For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. 56He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him. 57As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me. 58This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.

He makes quite a deal about eating his flesh and drinking his blood. This turns many off even though he already made clear that they had to believe him to be his follower.

59These things said he in the synagogue, as he taught in Capernaum. 60Many therefore of his disciples, when they had heard this, said, This is an hard saying; who can hear it? 61When Jesus knew in himself that his disciples murmured at it, he said unto them, Doth this offend you? 62What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before? 63It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. 64But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him.

See, even in the beginning he separated the wheat from the chaff. You either believe his words, or you do not.

65And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father. 66From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him. 67Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away? 68Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life. 69And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God. 70Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil? 71He spake of Judas Iscariot the son of Simon: for he it was that should betray him, being one of the twelve.

Ah, but here at last are twelve that believe him and are sure that he is Christ. Christ takes them and accepts them, even the one he knew would betray him. The one who would betray him was necessary to fulfill prophecy.

So there you have it my friend. The problem with scripture is it is like any book. You can take our random sentences and have them mean anything you want. When you read them in there CONTEXT though, they flow with a story that is absolutely amazing, and one that does not mean anything like many angry self hating Christians would like it to mean.

Keep his commandments or do not. I do not care my friend. I am not planting seeds, I am looking for those who have already grown. That is who I want to be around in the days ahead. Those who love one another and will help each other through it.

Not those who will look down their noses at others and declare their own salvation because they believe in a name, but not in doing what that name asked.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Who knows if these are the last days or not? It seems like it to myself but what do I know? In my opinion, the catastrophes will be like birth pangs, increasing in intensity, to a point that MSM won't know what to cover first. I highly doubt during Jesus day, they were dealing with such crisis as crack & meth invading entire communties, numbing people to life itself. Our prisons are filled with people who to support their habits robbed and killed. There is no real reform in prison - most come out better criminals. I bet the numbers are staggering of people affected by this type of catastrophe. How much more will God put up with concerning this type of transgression against one another?

Sometimes we fear that which we do not know. It's one thing to know about Jesus through the gospels, but it's up to everyone who professes to follow him, to examine theirself and ask the big question, "Do I know him?"

I'm not singling anyone out, I just want all of you to critically think for a brief moment about what you really know compared to what you think you know.

There is a reason why God in the OT says:

"Be still, and know that I am God. I will be honored among the nations. I will be honored in the earth." (Psalms)

"See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland." (Isaiah)

Is your life enriched with the great things he spoke of? Do you have the gift of living water? Have you perceived it? Does it flow from your belly like he said it would? When he stood in the temple courts and said in a loud voice "If Anyone Is Thirsty, Let Him Come To Me And Drink" were they empty words or were they intended to give you a real tangible gift from God Almighty?

You either have it or you don't.

Were you baptized? That is where the mysteries start. Have you followed the very first command that came out of his mouth, when he came up out of the water, "Repent!" John's bath only washes the outside, the promise is that another comes after John that will baptize you with fire and spirit. Your body is a temple and the inside must be cleansed, "Unless I wash you, you have no part with me. A person who has had a bath, needs only to wash his feet; his whole body is clean."

Were these words intended for just those in the upper room that night or was he really talking to you?

Don't you know that your tears are more precious than an alabaster jar of spikenard? They are collected and recorded. The closer one gets to Jesus, the harder their life will become because he rebukes and disciplines those he loves and it all serves a greater purpose. Truth and his love are worth more than anything we will go through here on this earth. Heed his words, repent earnestly. It will open that door that no man can shut.

Angels pointed out to John, as the world is being destroyed, "and the people repented not." So repent. Seek his face. With fresh eyes, go one more time through the towns with him, knowing, there is a promise that before you finish, the Son of Man will come. Most of you already believe he's real, now believe in his promises.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
i believe in god, and i was raised catholik. BUT, i use the 'catholik' launguage to speak to god.

as for fear? no way. the bible is based on sumerian myths, which are based upon probably 'god' knows what.

all this crap happening today, the elites either know about, or are causing it. there are a TON of rooms and information in the great pyrarmids, which no one is allowed to see, and rumor has it they discuss the ways to survive the changes that come with the earth.

now, if the so called elitits know and translated the information, they can make pretend its all biblical, and have one of their scumbag children become the 'second coming.' and say, it was destined, according to the bible.

if it naturally occuring that is, and the egyptians knew of it, and tried to teach us.

BUT if it is not naturally occuring, then they are using harrp, chemtrails, etc to 'create' biblical like events. then they can use that again, to usher in the 'second coming' for one of their scumbag scion.

either way, there is not much to worry about. many people are waking up to the scams. now all we have to is stop them.

if it is natural, and they have their bunkers set up in denver, then the human race is SCREWED. because the majority of 'people' who survive will be sociopathic inbreeds.

if it is natural, then it will be over swiftly, and its on to the next adventure!

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Your post took the word right out of my mouth. Just like you I am concerned about the future and the people I love. Many will die without accepting the sacrifice of Jesus Christ.
But: you can´t do much about it but teaching the gospel and calling for repentence from their sin.
I am afraid, too being lukewarm in God´s eye. There are times when I think I could do more to be a real Christian.
As a small contribution I run a website - still under construction. It´s in German and in English:

www.aufwachen.info (the German version)
www.thomasdietz.com (English version)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join