It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Any Christians Frightened By What Is Happening In The World?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

yes and we should all learn from the parable of the ten virgins, after all dont they represent the church or the bride if you will , also they all have lamps, however only five were wise, but five were foolish,if the lack of oil in the lamps of the foolish was symbolic of absence spirit of God , then it also indicates that one can be part of the church and be empty and foolish but when the door is shut, it is too late. I know that this next statement is a bit off topic but deep within my spirit i believe that the first disaster of this year , being the quake in christchurch nz. was a ding,ding,ding bell for Gods people and the bride.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by infojunkie2
yes and we should all learn from the parable of the ten virgins, after all dont they represent the church or the bride if you will , also they all have lamps, however only five were wise, but five were foolish,if the lack of oil in the lamps of the foolish was symbolic of absence spirit of God , then it also indicates that one can be part of the church and be empty and foolish but when the door is shut, it is too late. I know that this next statement is a bit off topic but deep within my spirit i believe that the first disaster of this year , being the quake in christchurch nz. was a ding,ding,ding bell for Gods people and the bride.

Well now... Let those who have ears hear, and those with eyes see.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Not frightened.... anticipative and prepared.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

I was of the belief that first the anti-christ must come first then lucifer posing as Lord Jesus Christ & that he would fool billions.

anxious yes scared no

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Fear is the last thing that I am experiencing as a Christian. Maybe that's because I've been obsessed with death and the afterlife so I've spent the past four years at college concentrating on that. I always tended to gravitate towards classes that approached the topic from a Catholic perspective... but then again, I attend a Catholic college, so that's to be expected. But now I'm rambling...

Either way, after studying the bible with various theologians like Father Himes, Father Tacelli, Dr. Darr, and others. I feel like I've learned a lot about the end times... and I am also confident that we are living in the end of days. But I'm not frightened for myself really, I'm more frightened for others who completely refuse to listen or to open their eyes to the events of the world that are unfolding around them.

I'm also worried about the increase in hatred in the world... the increase in individualism and selfishness. After all, the idea that the self should come before all others will just lead to damnation. But as a human, I can't even begin to speak with any kind of authority on the workings of God.

But yeah, I'm not frightened if these truly are the end times because I have faith that God will take care of us. Bad things will happen, and we will experience pain, but... in the end... goodness will win over evil. So what is there to be frightened about?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Psalm 23:4 - Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

Psalm 24:1 - The earth is the LORD'S and all it contains, The world and those who dwell in it.

Psalm 27:1 - The LORD is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The LORD is the defense of my life; Whom shall I dread?

Don't be afraid brother. As long as God is with you who can stand against you? Our God is a great, mighty and awesome God and He's got the whole world in his hands. Trust in the LORD and He will make your path straight.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
There is nothing to fear but fear itself. Reading this thread has really brought that saying home to me for some reason. So sad to hear of so many people living in fear over what may or may not happen, based on the word of a book written by man and cobbled together by dozens of different authors.

The bible should be used as a guidance to leading a better life not followed literally. The Commandments are a good cornerstone for living a good life. be respectful, be kind, do your best to help people, try not to curse too much when people annoy you and live your life basked in light and love for your fellow man. Stay true to that and you can't go far wrong whatever your belief or lack of belief may be.

The kingdom of God is not found in a book or a chapel, it is within you and all around you. It is the Universe itself made conscious and there is nothing to fear. We are Star Stuff. The Universe made manifest. And i find that rather amazing.
edit on 24-3-2011 by UndisclosedDesire because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-3-2011 by UndisclosedDesire because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerramjett
reply to post by OldCorp

The world is changing rapidly now we may be in the final times. I am concerned but not scared,but when I see the dome of the rock destroyed, then I will know what hour it is.
Why do you expect to see that? It is not necessary for the restoration of the temple.

Revelation 11:2
But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty [and] two months.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I am christian too. I do believe the tribulation already started but the worse is still to come. I also believe we all are here in this moment of mankind history for a reason, we are here to give testimony of the Final Victory of God.

Then, we will find out that christianity was just a part of something even bigger, and we will be ready to take a place between our brothers and sisters from other worlds.

I also believe, other religions are just different interpretations of the concepts that are part of our faith. LOVE will be then, our only universal religion and we will be able to see Jesus walking between us, as well as many of the great prophets and saints of this and other worlds.

As a father, I'm worry for my family and of course I don't want them to suffer, but I know God listen to me all the time and the only thing He ask me is to have faith, otherwise...why would I pray?

Thanks for this thread op.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I was raised Christian, and accepted Jesus Christ in my teenage years. However, since I moved around 5 years ago, I haven't visited church and have fallen away from faith. Mostly because I have a very big problem with the contradictions and logical breaks contained in 'God's word'. I can't comprehend why a supreme being of infinite love would even create a hell in the first place, not to mention allow it to be a place of damnation for billions of of his own creations, that were essentially pre-destined to end up in. I don't understand why he would let Lucifer into the holiest of gardens to tempt his 2 perfect creations, or why he'd place a forbidden tree; it seems to me more like the ultimate set-up. And a devout Christian would argue that there are some things we are not meant to understand, that God is perfect, and that finding flaws in the Bible is the work of the devil. Except that seems more like an extremely good way to keep people chained to their beliefs.

Now, on that note, I am not atheist, nor someone who is close-minded. I still believe that there is a Creator, a supreme being, or something that ultimately connects our spirits. I find this to be very rational, and I believe without a doubt we as human beings have a 'soul'. I will also admit that some of the prophecies according to scripture, are starting to occur, and this is frightening. I'm on the tipping point between completely accepting Christianity, and just considering it a spirit-guide with a few useful implications. These times we live in are concerning, and although some the prophetic side to the Biblical scripture is still shining through, the God-man relation itself I see as illogical. I would prefer to believe in a Heaven. I would NOT prefer to believe in a place of eternal torture that every non-believer goes to simply because they chose to live this Earthly life the way they preferred. That is probably the worst conceivable thing you could think of for an ending, and once again it doesn't make sense to me that an omniscient entity would be "cruel" enough to allow such a place.

I'd like to debate the topic, but only if one would take the time to read my post and reply.

Peace, One love
Infinite Blessings my friends

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
No more so than the average person would be if they were in the thick of whatever it was. MHO is that Christianity is about who I am in the here and now, not so much in the future, the what-ifs, or "the prophecy"(TM)
In a way, it is calming to know that whatever is going on, it's taking us to where we're supposed to be.

It is interesting, though, and I'm curious about the things taking place.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Why are u frighten? God will not allow u to suffer. Hell and all it's fury are man made. When our father returns, it will happen so fast, the deceivers of this world will not know what hit them, you my friend will be safe in the arms of GOD in the blink of an eye

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Nothing "serious" will happen no matter what others say. It's all a mind game made by secret bloodlines to fool people and perhaps distract people from the real conspiracies.
edit on 24-3-2011 by sphinx551 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

I've been raised a Christian my entire life, even though I'm still young in the Lord (and still young in general), but I'm going to be honest. I'm not necessarily 'scared' or worried, at least not for my own life. This past week has been crazy with all the stuff going on in the world, but mainly I'm excited to see this stuff actually happening. I always knew we were in the last days, but to see all the undeniable proof today is overwhelming and.. exciting!

I still do have a small worry/concern over my friends/family who haven't accepted Christ, but I'm slowly trying to get over that worry/concern and just trust in God to take care of things.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
religion doesn't matter. the human mind creates its surroundings and the human mind can sense its destruction. every single race, religion, and creed have told about our demise. get off your high horse and stop bing so narcissistic. in the end we all end up in the same place which i believe is a state of pure consciousness. the hopi got it right, why can't you. religion is the base of all evil in this world, people fighting just to prove they are right, we'll we're all wrong.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Those who are ignorant of the way the world works are always frightened of something.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
You seem like an alright dude op, so I'll keep this as tame as possible. I'd like like to mention that I don't have a problem with any person individually, unless you talk down to me because I am not part of the same religion as you.
I do in fact have problems with your religion as a whole. I believe that christianity without fear is like a piano without keys. It just doesn't work.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
if you are a christian, then there is no need to be afraid of anything, correct?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Thank you for posting this!

I'm a Christian as well, and I, too, find myself a little uneasy about the Last Days we're living in.
I am happy that we will finally be Heaven rejoicing and not having to put up with this crappy world, but
I find myself worried that the Rapture will happen when i'm making a mistake or something.
I pray everyday and ask God to help me, but i know how you feel.
We're human. We make mistakes.
I guess Iw orry too much, but yes, I get what you're saying.
I believe we are indeed the very last days and that Jesus will be coming back within the next few years.
It's scary because I still am praying for my brother and sister to come back to Christ.
I hope they do.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnimositisominA
I believe that christianity without fear is like a piano without keys. It just doesn't work.

Well, I'm a Christian, and I'm not really afraid of anything related to it, so there goes that theory. I, and many others, can assure you that it works fine without fear.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join