It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Any Christians Frightened By What Is Happening In The World?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

"Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. Matthew 10:28

Fear Not! = Having God's Love in Your Heart! = (Heaven)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Yeshua more than makes up for our innadequacies! Dont worry, all is well with your soul. Good works and good thoughts do not get you into heaven, only Yeshua does.. God knows none of us are perfect. If we were then there would be no need for Yeshua to go to the cross... You cant trust in your own righteousness, but you can in Yeshua's...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by houseoftheangels
reply to post by OldCorp

Greetings!

Firstly, it is good to read and learn of your faith which shines very brightly in your words.

In response to your post I offer you my own attitude to the current situatuion in our world today.

There are some very assuring statements in the New Testament about those who belong to God being either spared the Wrath of The Almighty when it does come or that His people will be prepared for whatever tribulation the world inflicts.

A member who didn't wish to derail the thread sent me this concerning how long the idea of the Rapture has been around. Seems I was wrong about the idea being more recent:

Here is an excerpt from the 300's AD by Ephraim: "Why therefore do we not reject every care of earthly actions and prepare ourselves for the meeting of the Lord Christ so that He may draw us from the confusion which overwhelms the world? ...All the saints and the elect of God are gathering together before the tribulation which is to come and are taken to the Lord in order that they may not see at any time the confusion which overwhelms the world because of our sins."

Personally, I feel that this info is VERY relevant, and in the future I would welcome this type of input.

My thanks to the member who set me straight.

I used to feel scared and full of concern, but I could not maintain that state of mind and slowly through understanding of The Scriptures now I have learnt to put it all in God's very capable Hands. God knows when the time will come for Him to act. Yes, I agree with you that it does seem we are entering the last days before Christ's return and the new age of His reign upon the earth.

I continue to feel for the suffering of my fellow humans whenever that does happen, but now know that I need to be very strong in handling all that this life casts upon us.

Don't worry my friend. Just keep hold of your very deep faith and don't let the world trick you. Christ promised us a place in His Kingdom and those of us who believe can be comforted by that promise.

With every blessing to you and your family.

Michael.

Thank you Michael.

edit on 3/24/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Not in any way to insult, or to tear down your faith, but how many times has people said Jesus is coming back? To date, there has been over Over 200 predictions for this event since A.D.44. Even in this forum people has set the date for the return of Christ. Personally, I do not believe he is coming, if he were, he would have come long ago, before the beginning of the fall of Christianity as the masses awaken to a greater truth. We have to save ourselves, friend, no one is about to do that for you. If that were true, then what would the purpose of life be, anyway? If I can be born, and do whatever I like, then on my deathbed ask Jesus to save me, and he does, what is the purpose of life in the first place?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by amatrine
I share your concerns .

I also am a Christian who does NOT believe in the rapture. We are are all born and all die .

Things happen to the just as well as the unjust.

I worry about this daily. Remember though, NO one deserves salvation, it is a gift. We all fall short.
Paul talked about his war with the flesh. It is a battle we all go through. You are not alone.
Just keep up the fight. Many do not battle it at all.

Keep praying. Ask to be spared the horrible things we are about see. God put us here in this time for a reason, so trust him. That is what keeps me sane .

God Bless

Ama

I agree wholeheartedly that none of us deserves salvation. What we deserve is to die for our sins. Thankfully our Lord provided us with a way to escape that fate.

It's very comforting to know that I'm not alone. Sometimes it feels like it's just me against the world - and the world is winning.

Thank you for your kind words.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Christian here. I am very excited. I'm not afraid at all. I honestly can't wait. We should live our lives for God the best we can until then and witness as much as possible.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
he would have come long ago, before the beginning of the fall of Christianity as the masses awaken to a greater truth.

Ironically enough, this is one of the more poignant signs of the end, as people intentionally turn away from what will save them.

I would strenuously disagree with your statement that people are awakening to a greater truth -- to the contrary, I see a lot of people who have no idea, and they reject organized religion for no other reason than they distrust all organizations. But they aren't replacing it with anything useful, just going about their business, and eventually wondering why life seems so hollow and pointless.

Personally, I see no grand enlightenment going on in the world. If anything, there is a new rebirth of ignorance as these despairing people throw their money and attention at anyone who claims to have an answer, no matter how unlikely it might be.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

Originally posted by OldCorp
One thing that it different now than when the Millerites "Great Disappointment" happened. Scripture tells us that after Israel is reborn, "That generation (that saw it happen) shall not pass away" before Christ's return. We are at the end of a Biblical "generation" since the rebirth of Israel. This could not have been the case with any previous failed attempts at predicting Christ's return.

Well, that passage refers to the budding of the fig tree, which is interpreted to mean the rebirth of Israel. Makes sense, but isn't quite so concrete as saying "within a generation of the rebirth of Israel."

But when I was a bit younger, I belonged to a group of apocalyptic fundamentalists (effectively, there were other things going on, but that eventually became their focus) who were positive that the end would come in 1988, because a generation was 40 years, and that was 40 years after the reestablishment of Israel in 1948. Obviously didn't happen, and I have no idea what became of the group (I wandered off around 1979 or so,) but the generation thing is coming to a head, are we're running out of a reasonable timeframe for what a generation is.

There seems to be some debate about how long a generation actually is: 40 years, 60, 120? I would take it to mean - in this instance - that Christ will return before the last person who was alive in 1948 dies. By this calculation, a person born in 1948 would be what, 62-years-old? So if we use that as a yardstick, given average life expectancy, the very latest would be another 30 years or so before that last person dies.

But the Bible says BEFORE the generation passes away, so it could happen anytime..

Here's a (somewhat) related thread that I did a while back: A Curious Observation on Biblical Prophecy, which notes that prophecy can be validated only when its mundane aspects are notable. Earthquakes are pretty common, so saying that earthquakes are a sign of prophecy only works when the earthquakes are notable -- by size, frequency, location, etc. A seismic event that broke apart the moon, for example, would be a lot more notable than hearing about 8.0 richter scale quakes around the world.

I'll give that a read. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
In Revelation ch1 v17, Jesus says to John; "Fear not."
That shows a recognition that fear is natural, while encouraging the Christians who read the book to have the faith and the confidence in God to "endure" the final troubles.

Despite writing extensively on Revelation, I'm not ready to give an opinion that the end-times have arrived already. But I think the advice "Fear not" is always topical.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM
Those who walk in the ways of Christ and keep his commandments have nothing to fear for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven.

Those who do not, well they might want to start. Simply believing in his name is not enough, it never was. Keep his commandments.

If you love him, keep his commandments.
If you love him, you will love all.

Pick up your crosses and follow him.

Have no fear.

With Love,

Your Brother

this is so true, in fact my pastor preached last night on being lukewarm and commit or quit (be hot or cold)

I would also like to add the reminder of Jesus when he said,'when you see all these things happening, look up your redemption draweth nigh. and we shall not all sleep , but the dead in christ shall rise first and we which are alive and remain shall be changed in a moment in the twinkling of an eye and we shall meet the Lord in the air. comfort one another with these words. I also believe that the fact that the original op is concerned about being ready is a good indicator that the Lord is preparing him and the rest of his bride for his return

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
can someone please point me to the part in the bible where jesus says he is coming back?

Just a quick answer to be getting on with.

He certainly indicates it indirectly, because he tells people to expect "the Son of Man" in the future, and also identifies himself as the Son of Man.
In the last chapter of John's gospel, he points out the theoretical possibility that the Beloved Disciple might "remain until I come". Which implies that he's going to come.
After the Ascension at the beginning of Acts, the angels tell the disciples to expect him to come back "in the same way".
Paul, in 1 Thessalonians ch5, warns that "the Day of the Lord" will come "like a thief in the night", and in Revelation ch16 v15 Jesus himself is supposed to be saying "I come like a thief".

There are enough references in the NT to show that the early church was certainly expecting it.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

None of us "measure up". That's what His Grace is for.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by of the Ether

I believe created in his image, is spirit. Our spirit is created in his image. Not our flesh.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I'm not 'afraid' of His coming, but I am anxious/concerned, firstly for the unbelievers, secondly for we the believers during the birth pangs.
I pray things will be no worse than they need be.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I'm excited and some times I think why can't it hurry up and happen. Do I worry about not being good enough? No not really . We are humans and not perfect. I also believe much of religion is more about how man thinks we should be and not what Christ thought we should be. Focus is put to much on the outside appearance and actions not the inside and whats going on in there. I don't call myself a Christian because I see to many that dishonor Christ with their actions. So I call myself a spiritualist. Christ was a teacher of how to perfect the spirit. Christ see's whats in your heart. Maybe you are being to hard on yourself. Do not try and live up to mans expectations of what you should be like, act like, look like. Never let an organization of group of people tell you that you aren't good enough or you never can be good enough. Thats between you and your maker and he'll let you know if you are way far off base. Blessings to you.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Jesus said, that in the last days mens hearts would fail them, for fear of the things they see coming upon earth..
We're only seeing the beginning of that. Mens hearts, not excluding you or me or Christians or anyone. Then he said what we as Christians should do, is look up, when you see these things. Your redemption draws near. Sounds to me like your only fear is that you," won't measure up". I think I understand. Jesus does say there will be many whom
he will not know. At the same time it says, " ALL who call on the name of the lord" I'm not worried at all . Because I believe the blood that Christ shed on calvary, is far more powerful than we as Christians are even led to believe. There's also what seems to be a spare key to all this as well. For God knows the heart of everyman.

John the Baptist said something, indeed it was everything. As he was baptising people one day he looked and saw Jesus coming that John could baptise him. John stood frozen and said, " Behold, the lamb of God. Who
taketh away the sin of the whole world " Now do you get it. Have faith in the blood that was shed to wash away the sins of the whole world. Yours arn't even comparable. If the rapture happens that's all well and good. If not that's fine with me too.
All I know about me is. What ever of the possible scenarios plays out. If I somehow die before he comes.
Even if I some how end up in hell. They're gonna get sick of me down there really quick. Cause it won't change
what I feel for him in my heart. This is just the way I handel things. But you can bet your azz. Gods word will come to pass. He's coming. No doubt about that.
edit on 24-3-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-3-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by infojunkie2
this is so true, in fact my pastor preached last night on being lukewarm and commit or quit (be hot or cold)

I would also like to add the reminder of Jesus when he said,'when you see all these things happening, look up your redemption draweth nigh. and we shall not all sleep , but the dead in christ shall rise first and we which are alive and remain shall be changed in a moment in the twinkling of an eye and we shall meet the Lord in the air. comfort one another with these words. I also believe that the fact that the original op is concerned about being ready is a good indicator that the Lord is preparing him and the rest of his bride for his return

"Commit or quit" Oh I like that my friend. I like that indeed.

So few seem to realise that if they actually FOLLOWED in Christ's shoes, did what HE said to do, we would not have to have this dramatic show down that lies before us. Ah, but Christ knew it would come to pass...

22And he went through the cities and villages, teaching, and journeying toward Jerusalem. 23Then said one unto him, Lord, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them, 24Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. 25When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are: 26Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets. 27But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity. 28There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out. 29And they shall come from the east, and from the west, and from the north, and from the south, and shall sit down in the kingdom of God. 30And, behold, there are last which shall be first, and there are first which shall be last.

Oh if all simply kept his commandments rather than just chalking it up to "Well he did the work, we just sit and wait", what a world we would have, what a world we WILL have.

Thanks for sharing my friend. It is good to hear this is being taught by some out there.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

do not care for being luke warm at this time... there will come a day when the evidence of the structure of reality will be obvious and every knee will bow. Care more at this time for the greatest thing jesus tried to teach.... turning the other cheek... any man that picks up a weapon will be struck down.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

the younger folks that I know who claim to be christians don't seem overly anxious about anything.
They put it and their safety in the Lord's hands..I, on the other hand, would probably freak out first if
something te totally wild happened. I worry for the children too. Can't help it. I think the bible says he
will appear after the tribulation and not before but as for any special rapture..I don't know..if not true then
I pity us all and especially the babies. The man of sin will be revealed first..egads, what or whoever this
is the biblical scriptures do not paint a pretty picture of the situation. Nobody can earn their way into
heaven less any man could boast..i paraphrased here okay? Just remember, it is only Jesus you can trust
and no man..no telling what people will do OR SAY before it's all over..scary thought.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Dear OP,

I am compelled to share this song with you. A song that was used on another thread, by me subtlely hinting of a higher purpose than it was for, and even further than what the orignal writers had intended.

It is about the love from our Creator.Christians, Muslims, Jews, Buddhists, Hindus, Atheists, separted by geographical borders, culture, intellectual level, etc whom are only children of our common Creator, whom is known by many names and in many forms.

You may wonder why atheists are mentioned. The answer is that they too, are our Creator's children, despite whatever they had said and claimed, so long as they had not hurt or harm. They too will know of our Creator's love for them, but only on their free will, and not on ours and our time.

It is a love so great that will fill the universe and make it a better place for His creations, for he cares, a love that even the devil longed desired to return to His grace. But the evil one's acts had to be settled, for many of his victims screamed out for justice to be served. Salvation is for all, and it can only be attained through redemption by paying the price of retribution.

But for you and I, whom are only flawed mortals, whom had hurt and harmed no one, He loves us all, and may His love overcome any fear you have and gives you the courage to act on your own free will to progress His creations.

Cheers.:-)

Lyrics:-
My last night here for you
Same old songs, just once more
My last night here with you?
Maybe yes, maybe no.
I kind of liked it your way
How you shyly placed your eyes on me
Oh did you ever know?
That I have mine on you

Darling, so there you are
With that look on your face