Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Are Any Christians Frightened By What Is Happening In The World?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

thanks for explaining things to me. i would personally enjoy if this was to happen because atleast for me personally i would know what the truth was and it would be right that everyone gets a chance to accept christ or whatever you would have to do to get into heaven.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen
I'm not a dispensationalist, so I don't have that "out" of their anticipated Rapture. With that in mind, if these are the end times, that would make me a bit nervous, because by all accounts, it's going to suck, big time, for anyone that goes through it.

But I'm not convinced that we are living in those times. It's been an almost constant belief on the part of the faithful that they are the last generation, and events point to Christ's immanent return, but it's been demonstrated wrong, time and time again. We're screwing up the planet to a degree that I'm not sure anyone short of God could fix it, but we've not reached the tipping point yet, so I believe that we've still a ways to go.

One thing that it different now than when the Millerites "Great Disappointment" happened. Scripture tells us that after Israel is reborn, "That generation (that saw it happen) shall not pass away" before Christ's return. We are at the end of a Biblical "generation" since the rebirth of Israel. This could not have been the case with any previous failed attempts at predicting Christ's return.

With that in mind, I just set it all aside and live my life to reflect Christ's light into the world as best I can, same as everyone else has had the opportunity to do over the last 2,000 years. If the end comes tomorrow, whether through my own demise, or Christ's return, all you can do is be personally ready for it.

Sound advice anytime.

If Judgement Day comes tomorrow, the only ones who can complain about it are those who've chosen to live outside of God's grace, thinking that they could repent at a later date. But they'd have the same complain if they got hit by a bus tomorrow, so why worry about Judgement Day?

Guess I'm just a natural born worrier.

Gotta make the wife some lunch. BRB
edit on 3/24/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I don't know how much history you've researched... but things like this happen ALL THE TIME. Earthquakes are normal and worse have happened in the past. Entire portions of the earth have caught on fire in the past and the planet has gone through many natural disasters. The projections in revelation were all visions from a dream about a certain time that could be interpreted... and many people have visions and prophecy of destruction.

I believe in the fact that no man or anything will know the time nor the hour that the Lord will come back. Trust every day and do not worry at all, especially if you have a personal walk with your Savior. It should be all positive reactions because we have nothing to fear and we should still not take this life lightly because every day in THIS existence is a gift as well.

Peace

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I am, although when i was an baby they baptised me. Personal evolution took me into believing in myself and nothing else. But that is just me. What frightends me the most.

Who is right.

Christians?
Buddah's ?
Taoist?
Moslims?

etc..

I am not afraid if Jesus or Mohammed comes's down as a saviour. If i could help, without a doubt.
But i dont care if he comes.

I care in believing in ourselves. I am frighted we see our selves to little.

The world today, can be changed completely within a few months. Its all about choice. I would have difficulties accepting help, while we dont run thrum every option available first.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I am knowledged in Christianity in the Americanaz, but I follow all Religions to better understand. And many of the teachings do suggest these types of global issues are related to the Return of the Messiah the Lamb or Jesus Christ his recent name of many. Am I in fear NO. Do I also consider evols trying to minipulate YES.
Be well

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

I have gone through bouts of fear in the time I have been in service to Yahweh and Christ, but for some time now, I came to realize and also resolved within my mind and heart that if for some reason I am found not worthy of admittance into Christ's kingdom, then it's a righteous decision because the truth is that Christ deserves only the very best. And that, sets my heart at ease.

edit on 24-3-2011 by ReginaAdonnaAaron because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

I don't really understand why Christians should be frightened about the second coming of Christ and the last judgment- I always thought it was something Christians looked forward to, as it represents the coming of the Kingdom of Heaven to Earth.

I'm not sure what your own Christian domination teaches, but being raised going to a Roman Catholic church every sunday, I remember 1 thing about Jesus' second coming-

If you believe in Jesus, and admit your sins before him and ask him for forgiveness, he will forgive you and welcome you into heaven.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I'm not trying to bash christianity or derail this thread, but for my own knowledge, can someone please point me to the part in the bible where jesus says he is coming back? I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to religions but I'm trying to learn.
edit on 24-3-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

I am ready!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Greetings!

Firstly, it is good to read and learn of your faith which shines very brightly in your words.

In response to your post I offer you my own attitude to the current situatuion in our world today.

There are some very assuring statements in the New Testament about those who belong to God being either spared the Wrath of The Almighty when it does come or that His people will be prepared for whatever tribulation the world inflicts.

I used to feel scared and full of concern, but I could not maintain that state of mind and slowly through understanding of The Scriptures now I have learnt to put it all in God's very capable Hands. God knows when the time will come for Him to act. Yes, I agree with you that it does seem we are entering the last days before Christ's return and the new age of His reign upon the earth.

I continue to feel for the suffering of my fellow humans whenever that does happen, but now know that I need to be very strong in handling all that this life casts upon us.

Don't worry my friend. Just keep hold of your very deep faith and don't let the world trick you. Christ promised us a place in His Kingdom and those of us who believe can be comforted by that promise.

With every blessing to you and your family.

Michael.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

Here's an article that lists a few examples:
www.cbn.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Interesting perspective. Stumbled upon
edit on 24-3-2011 by TribeOfManyColours because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I share your concerns .

I also am a Christian who does NOT believe in the rapture. We are are all born and all die .

Things happen to the just as well as the unjust.

I worry about this daily. Remember though, NO one deserves salvation, it is a gift. We all fall short.
Paul talked about his war with the flesh. It is a battle we all go through. You are not alone.
Just keep up the fight. Many do not battle it at all.

Keep praying. Ask to be spared the horrible things we are about see. God put us here in this time for a reason, so trust him. That is what keeps me sane .

God Bless

Ama

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp
One thing that it different now than when the Millerites "Great Disappointment" happened. Scripture tells us that after Israel is reborn, "That generation (that saw it happen) shall not pass away" before Christ's return. We are at the end of a Biblical "generation" since the rebirth of Israel. This could not have been the case with any previous failed attempts at predicting Christ's return.

Well, that passage refers to the budding of the fig tree, which is interpreted to mean the rebirth of Israel. Makes sense, but isn't quite so concrete as saying "within a generation of the rebirth of Israel."

But when I was a bit younger, I belonged to a group of apocalyptic fundamentalists (effectively, there were other things going on, but that eventually became their focus) who were positive that the end would come in 1988, because a generation was 40 years, and that was 40 years after the reestablishment of Israel in 1948. Obviously didn't happen, and I have no idea what became of the group (I wandered off around 1979 or so,) but the generation thing is coming to a head, are we're running out of a reasonable timeframe for what a generation is.

Here's a (somewhat) related thread that I did a while back: A Curious Observation on Biblical Prophecy, which notes that prophecy can be validated only when its mundane aspects are notable. Earthquakes are pretty common, so saying that earthquakes are a sign of prophecy only works when the earthquakes are notable -- by size, frequency, location, etc. A seismic event that broke apart the moon, for example, would be a lot more notable than hearing about 8.0 richter scale quakes around the world.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Why Jesus came. cool perspective

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

The world is changing rapidly now we may be in the final times. I am concerned but not scared,but when I see the dome of the rock destroyed, then I will know what hour it is.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by houseoftheangels

Very well said, I couldn't agree more. The world is full of lies,deceptions, and false profit$. Put on your armour and leave the work to the creator...for we all die but few are chosen.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Our world had seen disasters, both man made and natural for centuries. Even annually for our present generation.

But..ALL at the same time or concurrently at a short time? Makes one hair stand, doesnt it? More so for those who don't believe in 'coincidences' or can readily write it off as such.

When the Messiah came into our world the first time, no one knew. Not even the supposedly 'chosen' people, nor would they be able to accept ANYONE as the Messiah, for in their zeal, they had created robotic programmed responses to every situation that may occur, befuddling themselves with rules upon rules.

Our common Creator know all this, and thus, instead of a bolt of lightning to accompany the presence of the Messiah in front of every mankind as He had the power to do so, He, in His great wisdom sent the Messiah into a child, to live and learn, and to grow as only an ordinary man so that he may know and understand man, espacially the masses.

The Messiah had long been in the presence of mankind, but unaware. Quietly and humbly, he touched lives and gather much to understand the LOVE that our Creator had for us, and the shared path that will enable us all to fulfill our destiny, speaking simply because most of the masses were uneducated.

The seeds had been sowned and very much of his teachings held relevance today, that no other mortal can lay claimed to. His influence spread far and wide, something which would have been not possible had he not been the anointed one, long surpassing the massive robotic rabbitical rituals that the rabbis had sought to teach the world, as being supposedly the 'chosen' ones. They failed, while the Messiah's love and teachings had been cherished and treasured, as well as attempts to follow by us flawed beings.

And in the face of our current worldwide man made and natural woes, his teachings is equally important and relevant on how we can ALL survive with none left behind. When all seems lost, and hope gone, we somehow managed to bounce back and overcome each and every branch of disasters seeking to tighten upon us.

It is his teachings, which will be our help, comfort and solace. He represents the love from our Creator to us. For all that he knew and done, came from Him.

Has he already returned and among us as the first time? Religion is a personal journey. Make that journey if you want an answer. Our Creator is more than a figure in white sitting on the clouds or just words upon the Bible, Koran, religious scriptures, etc, etc. You are no dreamer if you can comprehend the realities you see before you.

Things are happening for a reason in the world we see today. It will not be by 'magic' that everything can be set right. Only mankind's freewill, properly guided by teachings that stood the test of time and trials so that none be left behind, will things be set right with divine help. We mankind are not robots, and robots had not been what our Creator wanted. We have a choice, and may you and I make the right choices, if not for us, it will be for our next generations.

Thus, let not fear suspend you, for actions are required today, for we have choices to make and enact.

Take care.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
An interesting thing happened to me about 9 years ago.As I began to spiritually awaken I left Christianity. I do believe in Christ, but with all the edits and re-writes the Bible has been thru just not so sure I believe in the Church's versions. I think the world is getting ready for a big cleanse. In fact I sense it in ever fiber of my being, but even still it is not frightening enough to bring me back to the Christ of the Bible. I have much respect for every religion but the rest of this post might offend some. It is not meant to. These where the questions I asked myself when I decided to start questioning my faith.Please do not take it as a personal attack, it is not intended as such.

Do the words "created in his image" ever make you wonder if God isn't male or female how in the world were we created in his image? Would that not mean we were meant to be divine,light filled powerful beings in our own right? I do not buy anymore that unless we believe a god-man died on the cross for our sins we get to heaven. There is so much guilt and burden connected to that. I do not feel light and airy when I think of that. I feel sick inside. It hurts me to think someone went thru such horror so I could be saved. It makes me fearful. Fear is a big commodity in duping people.

By the way, where in the bible does it say when we die we go straight to heaven to be with Jesus? That our loved ones who die become angels? Im pretty darn sure it doesn't but most Churches teach this. I have found it troubling since childhood.

Contradiction after contradiction and edit after edit but we are supposed to be convinced that someone whose Divinity was decided upon by a council who was rewriting the bible will save us? Humanity lost our spiritual power against TPTB when we started to believe these things. The most horrible wars on this earth have been fought because of it. The Crusades? Where was the WWJD do in that? The Holy Inquisition? The Salem Witch Trials? No way shape or form do I believe a loving, forgiving God would let us go on thinking this is living life in his image or in honor of a son he sacrificed on the Cross. It was that last contradiction that decided for me I could not be a Christian anymore.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Yeshua more than makes up for our innadequacies! Dont worry, all is well with your soul. Good works and good thoughts do not get you into heaven, only Yeshua does.. God knows none of us are perfect. If we were then there would be no need for Yeshua to go to the cross... You cant trust in your own righteousness, but you can in Yeshua's...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join