It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My latest track - 'Blue Diamond' (125BPM)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
So I just finished off a new track, 'Blue Diamond'. Check it out!

Jayou - Blue Diamond

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Like it.. chill vibe. My laptop speakers dont do it justice, but its nice.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Two sounds are better than one

I like it simpel..You made it simpel..I like it

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Hey man sounds great.
I think its awesome that theres a group of musicians on here that can share their music.
Here's something i recorded the other day. Kinda different from your style, but maybe you'll like it.
Freestyle jam to a track i made on my loop pedal

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by bulletproof_monk

Awesome man, love it. I'm an Ableton freak so live looping is what I love to do.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Very good! I like it.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong

Awesome man, love it. I'm an Ableton freak so live looping is what I love to do.

Ableton freak here too,

OP thats a great little tune, really nice arrangement.

Here's my sound cloud with a few i have done. soundcloud.com...
edit on 24-3-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

Originally posted by mayabong

Ableton freak here too,

OP this is great little tune, really nice arrangement.

Here's my sound cloud with a few i have done. soundcloud.com...

Awesome, cool stuff.. following you. (where's that vocal sample from in your first song?)
edit on 24-3-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

Its a kate bush track watching you without me. basically just speeded it up a bit put a kick drum, percussion, bassline and an arp line. all the effects on the vocal are from the original track so i cant take any credit for that.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
thanks for sharing Phixon mixing music is always something I wanted to do, since way back in the 90's LOL

is there a free prog. you guys use?
I've been looking for dubturbo not having much luck.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

My advice would be to look for a copy of Computer Music magazine (Future Publishing). It comes with everything you need to start making music on the disc mount. You may be able to get a download somewhere. Its the best free software Ive come across. You can always download the demo's of the music production software and see what you like best, you wont be able to save your tracks but may give you the insentive to invest in some software.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

Ableton live gives you a fully working demo for 30 days. I liked it so much I bought it, and that says alot coming from a pirate like me.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
right on thanks for the direction.

I agree really good software at a fair price is worth paying for. bad habits are hard to break when anything electronic is free

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

Well I was going to say you could try and download a cracked copy, but i think somethings are worth investing in, especially if you want it to be stable and keep up to date with the regular updates. You also have the benefit of support services and the like. A demo is the best way to see if you take to it or not.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Thanks for the positive comments everyone!

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
reply to post by -W1LL

My advice would be to look for a copy of Computer Music magazine (Future Publishing). It comes with everything you need to start making music on the disc mount. You may be able to get a download somewhere. Its the best free software Ive come across. You can always download the demo's of the music production software and see what you like best, you wont be able to save your tracks but may give you the insentive to invest in some software.

This is the best advice. I religiously bought Computer Music magazine for the first 12 months of teaching myself production, it helped massively.

The 30 day trial of Ableton is a good shout too, it's just enough time to get addicted

top topics

join