It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two magnitude 7.0 quakes hit Myanmar: USGS

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Ph0en1x

Damn, its very odd to be having so many Large earthquakes so close together, too many questions to answer, Hope for the best and prepare for the worst, Unless these quakes are created by an external force, it would be a good idea to start gathering supplies, and we wont know the external force is before its too late, no to sound paranoid, but to ignore the signs, well, thats just ignorant!! I hope that those affected will pull together and get through these disasters!!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
where I used to live, its called the tri-state area, TN, AL, GA the whole area all of a sudden is having 2.0 earthquakes. Not much of anything, but surely not common! Started around last Sat or Sun. They had one around Knoxville today and even the Carolina's is getting in on the action. quite strange but where I live now the New Madrid is quiet in Missouri but Arkansas is rumbling a lot. I am getting quite worried as my son still lives there and there is mountains everywhere.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I can feel slight movements from the UK, I know there is another aftershock on the way by the time news says so. I feel slight jolts here and there when events do happen, maybe I've become hyper sensative to it, well since the UK last had one 2 years ago at least, has kind of tuned me into being aware of them for now. I wrote this at 10:40pm UK time in case I'm right.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

not sure what you feeling there buddy but its not after shocks
have a look on this site. www.earthquakes.bgs.ac.uk...
the last felt waves were this after noon which would be in time with the quake near iceland this afternoon ?
earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by psyclops777
reply to post by The time lord

not sure what you feeling there buddy but its not after shocks
have a look on this site. www.earthquakes.bgs.ac.uk...
the last felt waves were this after noon which would be in time with the quake near iceland this afternoon ?
earthquake.usgs.gov...

There were lots of Chemtrails where I was in the UK a few birds going round in circles I noticed and some orbs like white dots in the sky that moved slowing through the air, is that sign of an earthquake I am not sure.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Burma will fall soon the regime. All Christs enemies despot regimes must be placed under His feet before He returns to rule

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrionHunterX

So WTF is happening??
The opening chapter for 2012?

I am thinking this Stoner dude may have the right idea.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by hapablab

the Bible predicted that in the end times wars and earthquakes would be like birth pains getting stronger and closer together, look for higher magnitude quakes in more places they will be much more frequent in the days ahead with more tsunamies the sea and waves roaring.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Retaliatory HAARP attack after retaliatory HAARP attack?
HAARP looking for oil/natural gas?
Just a result on the earth after the japan HAARP attack?
If anyone has links suggesting any of the above, I'd be interested.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Thankyou for that post about stoner it has validated the theory that post ice melt causes release of compression of overall crust from northpole and instability of the vertical axis . Iceages obviously recedes water to the poles and also expanding plates as ice expands this then allows the centripical force rebound from gravity stretching the surface of earths crust in a cyclical process of contraction/ expansion.Iceage/icemelt
In thesis this then forms the basis for a long term expanding earth,and axial variations will become more frequent due to lunar influence on stability of displaced north polar ice weight(non eventually).
The creation of islands and continental upsurges and explains the recent flooding of peru,movement of japan ,changed tilting of axis,speeding and slowing of earths rotation, and the new land forming in the pacific,thats why there was confusion !check it out[yvid]
[/yvid]
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Pre japan earthquake www.abovetopsecret.com...
Chile rotation sped upwww.aolnews.com...

"The length of the day should have gotten shorter by 1.26 microseconds [millionths of a second]," Richard Gross, a geophysicist at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory, told Bloomberg. "The axis about which the Earth's mass is balanced should have moved by 2.7 milliarcseconds [about 8 centimeters or 3 inches]."

www.presstv.ir...
Japan rotation sped more

According to Italy's National Institute of Geophysics and Volcanology, the 8.9 magnitude earthquake in Japan on March 11 has also shifted the position of the Earth's figure axis, and moved the whole planet by 25cm. Research scientist Richard Gross of NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory said Japan's quake should have shifted the position of the Earth's figure axis (the axis about which its mass is balanced) by about 16cm (6.5 inches), towards 133 degrees east longitude. According to NASA, the tremor also shortened the length of a day caused by the earthquake's redistribution of Earth's mass by 1.8 microseconds.

so thats 3.06 microseconds shorter per day so far ! alarming....ding...ding..ding !
scientific observations of mars,although earth has a moon to stabilize any extreme deviation,the melting of the caps is causing major earth movements,axial and techtonic.

wakey quakey !
visual watch www.abovetopsecret.com...
Siesmo watch www.abovetopsecret.com...
Peace gringo
edit on 25-3-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by gringoboy

All I can say is, HELL'S BELLS!!!
I mean how the dickens can sand float on water - in the middle of the Pacific? And Islands being formed in minutes??
WTF?? This can't be true!

edit on 25-3-2011 by OrionHunterX because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

Yep thats what I thought as well but its there and the studies of mars has given scientists a knowledge into how our earth would and can vary were it not for the sun,earth,moon dance,which recently went wonky,as we all know and hints of the melting polar caps redistributing the weight away to the equator causing all of the above and more to come,the more the pole melts the more a big techitonic wobble.

edit on 25-3-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Here's a list of quakes in the last 8 - 30 days:

So WTF is happening??
The opening chapter for 2012?

earthquake.usgs.gov...

wow the pacific plate seems to be taking a bit or a hammering

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Just an update, at least 75 people hvae been killed in this horrendous earthquake

My heart goes out to the victims and families

At least 75 killed in Myanmar quake: officials

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I am from Myanmar , I am old ATS Luker.

I woke up late i didn't manage to report this early. The earthquake was hit near Northern state (Near Golden Triangle area). I live at Southern part of Myanmar , the earthquake didn't reach here tho. But My Mother in Law is a Teacher living at one of the earthquake major hit Province , "Kyaine Tone" , and i will report what heard from there.

Here are some interesting thing that happened before earthquake:

- Since before Japan Earthquake , at around 6-7th March , in the "Nong Tone" Lake from Kyaine Tone , one of the most famous lake of Myanmar after "Inn Layy" , all died up . All fishes in that Lake.

- Also there are reports of smell of sulfur seeping from around the area of the lake. Kyaine Tone is believed to be on top of Dead Volcano , which is never active, but it have natural warm jacuzzi lakes around the place.

- Before 6 hr of first earthquake Around the ground of that Area become suddenly hot.

Death toll is over 80 now , more to be expected , and people are worrying this is just a Fore Shock (like 7.2 in japan) , Large one is just waiting. Mother in law's Student Family died in earthquake , when the building collapse. Most buildings there are already old and not well made.

She now coming to Yangon , Capital city just this morning.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Another Report from Kyaine Tone (One of major hit area in Myanmar).

Teacher there heard Loud Rumbling sound over the cloud just like reported on ATS in other area of the world. , no cloud , no rain. The whole school (which my Mother in law Lives ) Heard and Ran out of the building to look at it , then after about 5 mins , Earthquake hit. In myanmar , at most town , teachers, who comes from other Proviences live in school campus.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by pyrolwin
I am from Myanmar , I am old ATS Luker.

I woke up late i didn't manage to report this early. The earthquake was hit near Northern state (Near Golden Triangle area). I live at Southern part of Myanmar , the earthquake didn't reach here tho. But My Mother in Law is a Teacher living at one of the earthquake major hit Province , "Kyaine Tone" , and i will report what heard from there.

Here are some interesting thing that happened before earthquake:

- Since before Japan Earthquake , at around 6-7th March , in the "Nong Tone" Lake from Kyaine Tone , one of the most famous lake of Myanmar after "Inn Layy" , all died up . All fishes in that Lake.

- Also there are reports of smell of sulfur seeping from around the area of the lake. Kyaine Tone is believed to be on top of Dead Volcano , which is never active, but it have natural warm jacuzzi lakes around the place.

- Before 6 hr of first earthquake Around the ground of that Area become suddenly hot.

Death toll is over 80 now , more to be expected , and people are worrying this is just a Fore Shock (like 7.2 in japan) , Large one is just waiting. Mother in law's Student Family died in earthquake , when the building collapse. Most buildings there are already old and not well made.

She now coming to Yangon , Capital city just this morning.

I'm so sorry, Im glad you Mom in law is Ok but please give my condolences to her on the loss of her student's family and to everyone who was affected by this my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Thank you for the updates as well.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Nobody has listened to me about how tunguska is related

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by THEDUDE86
Nobody has listened to me about how tunguska is related

I did listen and if it wasnt for you I wouldn't be keeping such an eye out on whats happening, the earthquakes in Cali and Alaska are much bigger today.

hisz.rsoe.hu...
edit on 25-3-2011 by hapablab because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ph0en1x
It almost seems like the Earth is waking up from a geological slumber.

Nah. Relax. It's been awake, we just hear more about these things all over the world because the internet is now available across the globe, and we even have real time access to sites that monitor quakes around the world. Kinda like sex offender websites, before they existed you'd never have known they were everywhere. Now it's scary just to let your kids play outside. The earth has always been geologically active, even more so millions of years ago.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join