It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two magnitude 7.0 quakes hit Myanmar: USGS

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by bmck12

A lot of activity according to that site. Russia,Turkey,Ethiopia,Phillipines. If Myanmar is a pre-cursor where will the next one be? I am guessing The Phillipines may be next, hope I am wrong. Interesting to note also that there is no data for Missouri.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
excuse me but where are you getting your information? as far as i can tell there was only one quake with a mag of 6.8 not two different quakes both of a mag 7.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by rogerramjett

There was when I looked and uploaded the link then the graphs have updated.... I find it interesting also that some of them seem to have no information available when yesterday they were up and running just fine... I looked prior to commenting and saw that Russia is having some seismic activity that is disturbing as well.... I just saw that Missouri is down now... That is odd....

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by alysha.angel

When I had made that post, initial reports were of two earthquakes with one at magnitude 7.0. Now it has been downgraded to Mag 6.8 single earthquake. That's just how it was reported, it was not an intentional error on my part.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by alysha.angel

Actually there were TWO listed on USGS. Calm down. When it was first reported a lot of us checked on USGS. It was listed as a 7.0, same location but a very deep depth. Then a few minutes later after refreshing, there were 2 magnitude 7.0 EQ's listed, the original one and then one below it that happened about 25 seconds earlier and had a shallow depth, both at the exact same location. Then after a couple of minutes, the original one that was deeper disappeared. And a couple of minutes after that, the only one listed was downgraded from a 7.0 to a 6.8.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by watchdog

i was just wondering , didnt mean to upset anyone ..

its just the usgs editing and updating their quakes while we speak which at times can be rather annoying .

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Wow... TWO magnitude 7 earthquakes???

I really think the earth is doing its very best to shake off us pesky fleas that have grown out of control.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Monts

Eh, I really think it was just a matter of the intial information and reports getting sorted out. Different reports coming in and different computers and seizmos and different people putting all this data together. Kinda like buying boots. You try on different sizes of the same boot, walk around in them, look at them in the mirror until you figure out which one fits best. The latest earthquake listed just fit the best for the information they had

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
The last thing they need is a Toxic Tsunami with polluted water coming there way aswell.

It goes to show that a 7.0 Earthquake is not strong enough to stir the sea up, it must be at least 8.0 to have an effect, which makes a good measuring line to detect them in future to be on alert.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
According to newsnet5.com, a woman has died as a result of the earthquake.

A woman in an area north of Chiang Rai, just two miles (four kilometers) from the border, died when a brick wall collapsed on her, according to police Capt. Weerapon Samranjai.

Here is a link to the article: article

Ive recently downloaded an application that notifies me when earthquakes occur, and i receive around 5-10 notifications per day - is this usual?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
It's down to a single 5.4 now. However it says it hasn't been reviewed so it may change again.
Star for being on point with the quake watch!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Damage Assessment Estimate:

The event, as of now, is being classified as an orange level event which means estimated fatalities are between 100 - 999 and estimated damage totals $100 million - 1 billion.

It is ranked third on a four-tiered scale.
the lowest level is green, followed by yellow, then orange, and lastly red.

Here is the chart I am referencing:
PAGER

The explanation for the color codes and their meaning can be found here:
Background Information for PAGER

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Why are there so many earthquakes recently? Anyway, I hope there isn't much damage caused due to this,,,

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

This may not be the "opening" chapter for 2012--I think we could be in the middle of the book. Uprisings in the most violent part of the world which may cause violence against Israel in the long run. The Christchurch earthquake. Hell; going back to the 04 Indian Ocean Tsunami may not be too much to ask and don't forget about Japan.

Either this is part of a larger picture or it has to do with the supermoon--but we'll never get a straight answer from scientists regarding that stuff. Just stay prepared and hope for the best.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
This thread is in the Gray Area because it concerns channeling but has successfully predicted the Myanmar quake! guess it's ok to post link here eh?

Multiple Predictive Warnings about Myanmar Quake via channeling - Prediction... IT'S FIRST OF THREE

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drnikhil
reply to post by Ph0en1x

Hi Dr Nikhil here from Bangkok, we felt two earthquakes just now here in Bangkok and the local Thai news is covering the event.....over in the Northern City of Chiangmai, Thailand.....the effects were harsher and people were scared to their wits but no serious damages.

Greetings:

Wishing you and yours nothing but the best being near the quakes.

Perhaps, you would be so good as to respond to this potentially significant project we have just initiated as to any reports of lights, sounds, or smells associated with this quake.

From what we know at this time, it appears that many of the earthquake lights appear about 30 minutes before a major earthquake. With enough data, it might be possible to postulate the birth of some sort of "early warning system," based on real-time data from enough respondents over a broad area - or pinpointed in places like Yellowstone, New Madrid, SoCal, Alaska, etc.

As a first responder and having lived in SoCal for 40 years, I can tell you that a 30-minute lead time on a quake could save thousands of lives.

How about assisting in this project which will correlate earthquake lights, strange sounds and rumblings - before, during, after - and earthquakes. The information collected could possibly lead to some sort of earthquake prediction system here within ATS if the data can be analyzed for some sort of predictive pattern. The idea is to collect the correct data from the start - and as soon as possible IMHO.

I, personally, would welcome any advice/help/suggestions/interested parties to make this idea better and a reality sooner.

It might be interesting to see if any of these sounds have "Earthquake Lights" associated with them before/during/after the sounds and an earthquake? Or were there sounds/lights and the EQ hasn't happened as yet - we really do not have enough data to make an informed decision as to the amount of time between events...?

Please help to spread the word to as many people as possible to quickly build the database as this information and map may prove to be quite timely - especially to people in the Yellowstone/New Madrid/West Coast/Alaska areas.

Earthquake Lights Map Live Update

Thank you for your time and consideration.

These challenges to life and sanity on this planet must be met with clear minds and sound hearts, so may your 2011 see you embracing its highest potential and onward through the fog!

In Peace & Light

thorfourwinds

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Have a very strange feeling that Japan is going to get hit with another Tsunami, post earthquake.... very, very soon. quote me if you will...It's not over yet.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monts
Wow... TWO magnitude 7 earthquakes???

I really think the earth is doing its very best to shake off us pesky fleas that have grown out of control.

If the earth wanted to get rid of humanity, a few supervolcanic eruptions would wipeout most of civilization and what humans were left would be living in caves.

Considering that hasn't happened, its likely the earth doesn't care about the things living on its crust anymore than the rocks in my yard care about the moss living on them.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Can we have a mod close this?

This was posted just before.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join