It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking : 7.0 just hit Myanmar!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
The USGS site that I am seeing still has it at 10km.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
CNN

A destructive tsunami is not expected, the Pacific Tsunami Warning Center said. In advice to government agencies, the center said the quake "is located too far inland and too deep inside the earth to generate a tsunami in the Indian Ocean."

Source

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogerramjett
reply to post by Fromabove

Don't be suprised at this. A lot of things are being covered up these days, and remember USGS is another government site and a few people have been saying that quakes have been disappearing from this site.Perhaps someone from the area of the quake will give us a more accurate account as to what is really happening.

I have this theory that the entire earth plate system is under a good deal of stress due to the core shift it's flow and spin. They know it, they just don't want the world to freak out. If the earth were the size of an apple, we would be the size of bacteria living on the skin, and everything else would be a spinning molten ball of fire.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogerramjett
RSOE is reporting one quake at 7.0, but don't they get thier info from USGS?

hisz.rsoe.hu...

We need to hear from someone who actually lives in the area to tell us what really happened.

RSOE will always show the FIRST reported quake and vary rarely change it to the reviewed quake.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

The quakes struck along Myanmar's borders with Thailand and Laos, about 70 miles (110 kilometers) from the northern Thai city of Chiang Rai.

Buildings swayed in Bangkok, 500 miles (800 kilometers) south of the epicenter.

The Pacific Tsunami Warning Center says it was located too far inland to create a destructive wave.

Link to article

TalkRadio 570 KLIF

David Grouchy

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I normally discount Seismologists reviews, as it then discredits the whole point of putting Seismometers around the world in strategic points in the first place. Its like a meteorologist recieving a temperature variation throughout the day, and then changing it because he/she feels it doesn't 'feel' that temperature. Its all about personal interpretation rather than going off what the machine read-out is telling them. Hardly scientifical.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
Yep - things are being covered up big time.

....the official story will be that initial reports are seldom correct.

That's because initial reports are seldom correct. Read the USGS FAQs, eg:

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Why in the world would the USGS cover up a second quake? That makes no sense. Besides, it's very unlikely you'd have two large earthquakes simultaneously at the same location.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Only off by 22 hours or so. How does one learn to pin point predictions? Though it was not really a prediction I guess was a test of sorts.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by redtic

Originally posted by soficrow
Yep - things are being covered up big time.

....the official story will be that initial reports are seldom correct.

That's because initial reports are seldom correct.

True.

But things are still being covered up - and it's all about protecting the nuclear energy industry.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

* This event has been reviewed by a seismologist. Magnitude 6.8 Date-Time * Thursday, March 24, 2011 at 13:55:12 UTC * Thursday, March 24, 2011 at 08:25:12 PM at epicenter * Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones Location 20.705°N, 99.949°E Depth 10 km (6.2 miles) Region MYANMAR Distances 89 km (55 miles) N of Chiang Rai, Thailand 168 km (104 miles) SSW of Yunjinghong, Yunnan, China 589 km (365 miles) NE of Rangoon, Myanmar 772 km (479 miles) N of BANGKOK, Thailand Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 15.4 km (9.6 miles); depth +/- 5.8 km (3.6 miles) Parameters NST=109, Nph=109, Dmin=234.9 km, Rmss=0.88 sec, Gp= 36°, M-type=regional moment magnitude (Mw), Version=C Source * USGS NEIC (WDCS-D) Event ID usc0002aes

its been lowered to a 6.8 yet the dept remains at 10 miles down so it could have caused a lot of damage ......

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by AOA2012

Originally posted by Killuminati2011
WOW!! Hope everyone is alright. Let everything begin or should I say it has already started. BE prepared people and open your eyes.. To many of us are still asleep!

Indeed. Mother Earth and/or Christ, whom ever you like more, is giving us a push, trying to make us see we are doing it all wrong. Sure we have all the high tech, cars, beautiful woman, jet skis and all things of the like, but there is NO LOVE. NO PEACE NO FREEDOM. Piece by piece earth is going to tear down every money hungry, war mongering gov or economy unless we act NOW before its to late.

Check out the Ring of Fire, a lot of activity today and Japan, God bless their souls, is still getting hammered with 4 to 6 pointers. I dont have a very good feeling about this weekend.

www.hewsweb.org...
edit on 24-3-2011 by AOA2012 because:

edit on 24-3-2011 by AOA2012 because: Peace be with All

errr..What are we doing wrong? How does LOVE, PEACE and FREEDOM will stop the EQ's ?

Care to explain?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
6.1 in Hanshu Japen on the 24th 8:21

4.7 Yaukau on the 23rd

Now..
7.0 on the 24th, Myanmar..

Look at the line.. plus everything else taken place at this/that frame.

www.iris.edu...

Put your cursor on the line within the map.. it give's alot of info..

As I have mention before the pressure is going South.. So have many others pointing out the same fact.... TrueAmerican.. Puterman.. and there is one more Member that I fail to remember at this time.. It's not over for that area... I fear much worse will be realized...
Be Wise, Be Well!
Later Jesse
edit on 24-3-2011 by jessemole because: Just because!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
One person has been reported dead so far...

A woman in an area north of Chiang Rai, just two miles (four kilometers) from the border, died when a brick wall collapsed on her, according to police Capt. Weerapon Samranjai.

Link to article

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Well just on a quick search I came across 2 previous earthquakes in Mynamar in less then 5 yrs ago.

2010 and 2008 so not sure how this is a rare occurence.

Aside from that Earthquakes can happen anytime anyplace anywhere. In fact there were just 2 of them in Hendersonville which is less then an hr away from me and we really rarely get EQ's. i think there is way to much hype on Earthquakes right now. Someone said did the MSM think we were dumb and weren't putting the dots together. I am confused on this as the MSM is the only way you are learning about these EQ's in the first place unless you just constantly search RSOE EDIS and USGS.GOV or other various enttities that monitor EQ's. So again I am confused on how the MSM is hiding anything from anyone.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
With all the talk of USGS deleting/editing their info on their earthquake map I have to wonder why they would even leave their Live Seismic site up...?
This is the second time in a week that this site has looked, well, like the whole planet is quaking!

aslwww.cr.usgs.gov...

I check this site everyday and days like this get my attention!
What the hell can do that so globally? That doesn't look like an earthquake

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SalemsLot

Nothing here in Ca, yet !
Double line.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
The death toll is now over 20 and still on the rise. I had been relieved at the earlier reports. Now this. Source

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Latest toll was 74 dead and 111 wounded.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join