It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Department of Defense (USA) Shutdown

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by fiorano

This wouldn't be the first time the shutdown has been proposed/occurred

People with weak kidneys and spine should stop panicking and fear mongering

"Federal employees who have been affected by shutdowns historically have received their salaries
retroactively"

However generally there are several clauses and different types of Government entities that are affected (Veterans, Contractors, House of Reps, Senators, Law Enforcement, Emergency etc etc). See the links below which also has PDF files for references.

GOVERNMENT_SHUTDOWN
Document1
Document2
edit on 24-3-2011 by hp1229 because: edit content

edit on 24-3-2011 by hp1229 because: edit content

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by fiorano
I wasn't sure where to put this and wasn't sure why a search revealed nothing but
Why would the DOD sacrifice the military and not foreign aid?

militaryadvantage.military.com...

that was from March 17, 2011

militaryadvantage.military.com...

this is from yesterday march 23.

they don't or can't pay the military? active and reserve and the veterans? exactly who do you think will defend the country, a collection of local bands of poorly organized citizens or militias?

When was the last time the military defended this country? I see a military that runs around nation building across the globe at the US expense. The DOD even complains about USAID cuts because it effects there goal of nation building around the globe with US tax payers money.

www.presstv.ir...

The House has passed a bill to cut $121 million from the budget of the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), The Hill reported.

USAID's budget is used to provide assistance to a number of countries across the world.

The State Department has also expressed strong opposition to the proposed cuts.

Supporters of foreign assistance say funding for foreign aid is critical to US national security, and they have joined Defense Department and State Department officials on the issue.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by fiorano

Government shutdown doesn't mean a full shutdown.
You can't just close shop.
People still need to guard sensitive data.
Any animals have to be taken care of. You just can't leave them alone.
If a shutdown does happen then non essential workers will be sent home.

that's all.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Analyze76

Originally posted by filosophia
looks like the state is once again throwing their once proud war heroes under the bus. This alone should indicate to anyone in the armed services that it's not good to be a soldier. If they haven't figured out yet that we are the bad guys this will help them realize.

No offense to others that think........."get what you can"

I am prior service and refused a disability. I can still function and just because I'm eligible dosen't mean I was going to accept it.

Here, here. I'm a combat vet, and I don't receive any VA assistance, or benefits. I don't feel the need, so I don't take advantage. I guess I always figured if I don't take it, I leave mine for one who needs it more.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by gunshooter

I agree with you, I have reason to claim disability over some blown out knees but I was fortunate enough to have a couple of good surgeons that got me fixed back up and I have hardly any issues with them. I feel others are far worse off than I am, so if they would like, they can have my share of the disability.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
This article , dated March 11 and from the federal times, says service members in combat will only be paid if the govt. shuts down. Those who aren't deployed will not be paid.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Perhaps they are planting a seed of fear in the military by making them imagine life without uncle sam's love and kindness. If FEMA camps open up it will make it easier for military personell to justify the required bahavior.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing
Perhaps they are planting a seed of fear in the military by making them imagine life without uncle sam's love and kindness. If FEMA camps open up it will make it easier for military personell to justify the required bahavior.

You are onto something there my friend , in the true litteral sense of a Goverment shut down .Fema activates and runs the show under 10 Governors .If this happens due to economic collapse, being in the millitary may just be the most secure pay check in the country .Having that fear of suffering the same fate of starvation etc would be enough insentive to follow your said required behaviour .
edit on 24-3-2011 by 13th Zodiac because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join