It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HUGE list of U.S. Radiation Sites..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
U.S. residents click on your state for a list of hazardous Radiaton Sites in your area!
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9dd138fa7849.jpg[/atsimg]

Outside State Boundaries
AL
AK
AR
AZ
CA
CO
DC
CT
DE
FL
GA
HI
ID
IL
IN
IA
KS
KY
LA
ME
MD
MA
MI
MN
MS
MO
MT
NE
NV
NH
NJ
NM
NY
NC
ND
OH
OK
OR
PA
PR
RI
SC
SD
TN
TX
UT
VT
VA
WA
WV
WI
WY

If you have come into contact with any of these hazzardous areas you should visit this Link.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Noooooo!!!! My school is on that list...

Thanks for the heads up!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

How dangerous are these sites? Are the radiation levels meet a certain requirement to note them?

Definitely interested since my town has like 8 listed sites. Yikes!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

U.S. residents click on your state for a list of hazardous Radiaton Sites in your area!

What makes these sites "hazardous?" Most of them appear to be hospitals... are you suggesting that walking past a hospital with x-ray machines and radiation therapy equipment is hazardous? All you've done is set up a scare ad.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
This is a very misleading thread and will only serve to cause unnecessary fear.
How are the following considered dangerous:

Evergreen Radiology
Fairleigh Dickerson U.
R.W. Johnson Pharm.
Merck
Ortho Diagnostics Sys.

???

Yes, there are some dangerous sites listed including power reactors and contaminated sites, but from what I have looked at that those are far fewer than the necessary ones as listed above.

I think this thread should include a disclaimer to help people differentiate instead of looking at a list of more than 30 or 40 sites and panicking without even reading the company and/or purpose of each site.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Reminds me of another list I saw, the once-popular Super Fund toxic clean-up site list. One of the top sites was in the town I grew up in. It was an overgrown dumping ground for a huge factory in town that was a major employer. Their rubber products enjoyed massive sales back in the day.

Pay-offs must have gone in the right pocket (?), because today that toxic area is pavement, cement and franchised food places with shopping stores. It was as if Wayne NJ became too over-populated and infested with mini-malls, so it belched mini-malls up Rt.23, decimating many towns along the way.

On the reverse side of this, there are huge plots of land that were marked as wetland preserves and such when I was a boy. This was a really nicely grown-in area on the outskirts of Boonton NJ. I don't know what happened to all the little birds and animals, but today that entire area is pavement, cement and either a hotel or a living tomb housing corporate drones in cubicles.

So, don't worry about 'hot spots'. Give it a few years, someone will pave right over it.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by guppy

How dangerous are these sites? Are the radiation levels meet a certain requirement to note them?

Definitely interested since my town has like 8 listed sites. Yikes!

I have no idea how hazardous these sites are.. I only linked to them,

The links i presented are in the same fashion I originally read it.. For obvious reasons some of the areas listed are more hazardous due to accidents and such ..

and to the rest of the posters: Regardless of how hazardous.. Would you not like to know places that contain elevated levels of radiation?..

They may not be a hazard to you.. But what about people who work, And live in these conditions..Day in and day out... Long term exposure to radiation seems pretty hazardous to me.
edit on 24-3-2011 by TechVampyre because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

and to the rest of the posters: Regardless of how hazardous.. Would you not like to know places that contain elevated levels of radiation?..

But most of these places don't contain elevated levels of radiation, and the list completely ignores natural areas of elevated radiation.

They may not be a hazard to you.. But what about people who work, And live in these conditions..Day in and day out... Long term exposure to radiation seems pretty hazardous to me.

The people who work in these hospitals, laboratories and schools know perfectly well what the hazards are. It's part of their job. All this list does is spread fear and confusion.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001

But most of these places don't contain elevated levels of radiation, and the list completely ignores natural areas of elevated radiation.

The people who work in these hospitals, laboratories and schools know perfectly well what the hazards are. It's part of their job. All this list does is spread fear and confusion.

What about the children that go to these schools? What about long term hospital patience.. ?

Does this need to turn into a debate over the long term effects that radiation has on people..

And I doubt anywhere in a teachers contract, That it states you will be working in a radiation containing zone.

I sure know that i would like to know if i am stepping into a radiation containing area.. And i feel everyone else should have that right too..

This is not a fear tactic.. It is simply a warning to let people know what they are walking into..

The list should not be dismissed based on your ignorance to the fact that, Radiation is a serious thing..That can cause very serious problems.

And the long term effects of exposure need not be explained.
edit on 24-3-2011 by TechVampyre because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

What about the children that go to these schools? What about long term hospital patience.. ?

Does this need to turn into a debate over the long term effects that radiation has on people..

And I doubt anywhere in a teachers contract, That it states you will be working in a radiation containing zone.

Children don't go to universities and long term patients are probably the ones getting radiation therapy in the first place. Get a clue: radiation is everywhere and always has been. It occurs naturally. This list is misleading because it assumes that any use of radioactive material is equally hazardous, lumping toxic waste dumps in with dentist's offices.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001

Children don't go to universities and long term patients are probably the ones getting radiation therapy in the first place. Get a clue: radiation is everywhere and always has been. It occurs naturally. This list is misleading because it assumes that any use of radioactive material is equally hazardous, lumping toxic waste dumps in with dentist's offices.

Why don't you get a clue.. It is a comprehensive list to inform people of places were radiation is found..

What if someone has cancer for example..The immune system is already weak.. And they decide to go work at one of these university's.. Radiation exposure on top of a weak immune system.. This is not hazardous ?!?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by TechVampyre
What if someone has cancer for example..The immune system is already weak.. And they decide to go work at one of these university's.. Radiation exposure on top of a weak immune system.. This is not hazardous ?!?

People with cancer get radiation therapy.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627

Originally posted by TechVampyre

People with cancer get radiation therapy.

And this weakens the immune system.. People with cancer try to avoid extra radiation..

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

don't get discouraged bro. there will be barbara walters types everywhere. they are so caught up in debunking whoever doesn't tow the party/corporate line., always brown nosing TPTB for another brownie point

anyone with an opne mind gets your post. as for the list, Oak Ridge is the worst palce in the us, i used to live around there as a kid. glad i moved away, all my family members over 60 who live there has either cancer or thyroid problems. and even they think im crazy when i tell them why. sheeple mind set i a sickness.

one question-- what does oen asterisk mean? two asterisk? i couldn't find the description on your link.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by rebeldog

Thanks for the positive contribution to the thread!

As for your question..That is a good one. I wonder if anyone can answer that for us.. I would also like to know..

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Does not seem anything more than mines, research facilities, storage and containment.

I am in Texas 153 sites. Most are universities, research labs, NASA, military bases, and contractors.

I was curious why they abandoned Bergstrom Airport in Austin. Now RAD contaminated and RAD storage

I bet the old Denver Airport is on the list as well. Just guessing.

join