It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uniform Wear Banned Off Base in Europe

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Wearing your uniform in another country is a declaration of war and invasion. It was the right thing to do as we are not war with Germany, we are just using a base in Germany. You can't wear the Uniform on foreign soil.

What?! Where did you get that idea?

I have never ever heard of such a concept.

Military personnel from foreign countries work and train in different countries all over the world and wear their uniforms. Russian officers wear their uniforms while visiting US bases and vice versa. If wearing a military uniform in a foreign country was an act of war, every nation on earth would be at war with each other.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Hey MikeBoydUS....

I want to apologize if I came across as haughty.

It is obvious that I have had some pretty gruesome and intense experiences in the American Prison System.
So it is safe to say that, yes, I have been to prison.

More than once.
As a matter of fact, 9 different times in 7 different jails and 5 different states.

That is long ago in the past, and every single charge revolved around non-violent, victimless drug issues.
Drug dependence and abuse are mental health problems and not a criminal issue.

Because if a victim cannot be presented to the court then it is not a crime but a code violation intent to generate money.
The behaviors resulting from those that need help with drug abuse can be a factor in a resulting criminal behavior, but harm reduction through mental health treatment will... and you mark my words... soon be the preferred model of treatment, and it will have a much higher success rate than the 12 step model, which is about 1% to 5%. (SMART recovery has a MUCH higher success rate than 12 step models, which have become increasing entwined in the legal system)

Because I am a convicted felon, although my last charge was well over 10 years ago, it makes finding a job, any job, very difficult.
This is a Scarlet Letter that will forever be a monkey on my back.

I am an extremely upstanding citizen, but yet this haunts me to this day.

While some may say our domestic prisons are better than the gulags (we will just forget about extraordinary rendition and Abu Ghraib), and maybe to a certain degree they are, but I honestly still feel just as trapped, sequestered and mentally tortured as anyone who has no choice but to take the punishment because there is no escape and there never will be an escape.
I have, and continue, to be denied any federal aid (school, food stamps, etc... all the better to starve to death)
I can only rent in extremely low class neighborhoods.
I have been denied entrance to grad school although acing my GRE with a cumulative 3.83 GPA.
I have obtained, but only soon to be released from untold jobs due to my background, regardless of the fact that this is illegal to deny me a job because of my felony convictions according to the Equal Rights to Worker Act. (EOE). (yes I have 3 felony convictions. trust me I have done time)

As a student of WWII, I have had much praise for your opinion, but what some consider torture while experiencing it, others arrogantly decide that it is nothing, but only while NOT experiencing it.

All I ask is that you understand the problems it can cause, problems glossed over by the average American.
And these problems can be just as, if not more, detrimental to the psyche of the person who actually has to GO to prison.
It certainly gives no on looker any insight in to the reality of life as a forever branded convict in the United States of America

Once again, my apologies for losing my cool.

Cheers.

edit on 3/30/2011 by Josephus23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Josephus23

We all lose our cool at times. You don't have to apologize for that. There's no hard feelings.

Our justice system is flawed, its not perfect. I agree that victimless "crimes" should not be treated as crimes. There's a big debate about that currently in the criminal justice system. I hope that one day soon, the system is changed. There are too many people's lives ruined by the justice system, people who need medical rehabilitation not prison.

The average American glosses over everything and lives in a bubble. I wish I could I change that, but so far I can't. Even now as the world seemingly is going in the toilet, the average American has no idea whats going on with the global economy, the Mid East revolts, or Japan. Even worse, they don't care and don't want to know if anyone tried to tell them.

It takes great courage to come out like that, to be honest. I applaud and repect that. We have a huge problem in our justice system that needs to be addressed.

Peace

<< 2  3  4   >>

join