It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uniform Wear Banned Off Base in Europe

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

dont you think if your living in someone elses country dont you think you should follow there rules?

im sure you like people to obey your rules when they come to your country dont you?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

lets just say the postmen has finished for the day and decides to go shopping in uniform is that an insult?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by simples

lets just say the postmen has finished for the day and decides to go shopping in uniform is that an insult?

No but its a good way to get the sales clerks to tell you they are all on break to get even!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Originally posted by simples

No but its a good way to get the sales clerks to tell you they are all on break to get even!

My Dad was a mailman for like 15 years before he passed ten years ago.

He found that wearing his uniform was ideal for getting out of tickets from THE MAN.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

reply to post by simples

I really suggest an all female postal agency wearing something similiar to Hooter's uniforms.

If the women that worked at the USPS looked and acted like Hooter's Girls then I would be all for it, but, rather tragically, they usually remind me of the lunch lady or my mom.

Oh but to dream...

In a perfect world...

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

She couldn't understand why foreigners could question family sanity for letting him serve the "new nazi forces", they asked how many children he's killed, if he enjoyed being an occupier.. one of her girlfriends took her aside and explained that US wars & troops weren't very popular... "you're not in America".

Well, we all know how the French are. We even had to rename our thinly cut and fried potatoes because of them. If I'm not mistaken we also had to rename our egg battered and grilled slices of bread as well. The French are actually influencing the way we talk over here and we're falling for it. You know, I always loved that beef broth based onion soup with a crouton smothered in melted mozzarella cheese on top and I'll be damned if I'm renaming that. The buck stops at the soup dammit.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

I have a hard time imagining the French being ignorant enough to compare the US military to Nazis. Maybe some of the youth think that, especially the immigrants, but the idea that the people that lived under Nazi occupation would call Americans Nazis is almost laughable. The relatives I have who live there have never made that comparison, they arn't pro American, but they don't call us Nazis either. They call us Imperialists. I guess calling us imperialist pigs isn't good enough for the post war generation though.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Please don't try to compare a FOREIGN military group to a national military or other public servant from same country. Like when someone is wearing a "police uniform" people expect that the person act as one.

If you are military in a foreign country... what people can expect from them? I wouldn't expect good thing from them for sure. The uniform CAN and WILL work as intimidation mark. Don't expect people like you if you don't understand this very simple fact.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

We really are Nazis, we have the most expensive, extensive military on the face of the earth.

We have the largest per capita prison population on earth.

We have a huge internal security apparatus and you can't get much more Nazi sounding than Homeland Security, they should have just called it Fatherland Security.

We operate a series of secret detainment camps and prisons throughout the world where we incarcerate people through extroidanary rendition.

We have been for nearly 20 years now at war with basically a religion, the religion of Islam to unite those so affected by the propaganda to a common cause to acquire resources and control of resources through what is really just a thinly veiled religious crusade.

Sometimes the truth hurts and the truth is you don't have to be gassing Jews in concentration camps to be Fascists.

edit on 24/3/11 by ProtoplasmicTraveler because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Is giving a bunch of black men syphilus to see how it goes
not the same as gassing people?
or feeding pesticide to black children in orphanages in New york to see how it goes?

mengele learned his trade from whom?
same palce Hiltler accredits learning his eugenics from...
the US and Britian

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
The Marines have been banned from wearing uniforms off base for years, mostly as a precaution to this very reason. It was always just a matter of time before the other services followed.

Expect to see this implemented Stateside soon as well.

I had always thought Marines banned the wearing of duty uniform off base purely on the grounds of professionalism? I have seen numerous Marines going through Charlotte airport in the no.2 uniform (not sure if that's the proper name for it, but the suit that looks most 'business-like').

This is no surprise. In the UK servicemen and women have been discouraged from wearing uniforms off base. Hell, when I was in the ROTC, they even told us to be careful walking to training through town in uniforms. Sad times.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Normally in society it's just the criminals who have to disguise themselves and what they do for a living.

Ummm ever hear of undercover cops?

And off duty police aren't allowed to wear their uniforms either.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

I dont see this as a problem at all... During my 4 years stationed in Darmstadt, as a young soldier, the first thing I did after COB was shed those damn greens, and throw on some slacks and clacks to find me a young fräulein, to seduce. The only time I may have worn BDU's or PT's off post was to wal-mart, or if I had to leave said fräulein house early to make to PT formation.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Normally in society it's just the criminals who have to disguise themselves and what they do for a living.

Ummm ever hear of undercover cops?

And off duty police aren't allowed to wear their uniforms either.

Actually here in Miami Beach off duty cops rake up a tidy sum as security gaurds for various corporate outlet stores and clubs and get to wear their police uniform, carry their police weapons and drive their police vehicles to their moonlighting jobs.

I have never heard of these undercover cops and any one from the LAPD, Secret Service, FBI or CIA that says otherwise is clearly making up stories!

Thanks!

edit on 24/3/11 by ProtoplasmicTraveler because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirKnightE

I dont see this as a problem at all... During my 4 years stationed in Darmstadt, as a young soldier, the first thing I did after COB was shed those damn greens, and throw on some slacks and clacks to find me a young fräulein, to seduce. The only time I may have worn BDU's or PT's off post was to wal-mart, or if I had to leave said fräulein house early to make to PT formation.

Amazingly enough I wear my Military Uniform frequently to the local BDSM club and I am not even in the military and never have been.

Go figure!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Amazingly enough I wear my Military Uniform frequently to the local BDSM club and I am not even in the military and never have been.

Go figure!

To much information

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

I was thinking that exact same thing!!

I happen to live about a half a mile from a local swingers club here in Midtown, ATL...
The guys can only come in with a girl/as a couple, but the more girls the better.

Smart policy.

I like that kind of policy.

I used to work at this nightclub here in the ATL called Loca Luna and we would let girls 18 and over in for free every Friday and Saturday night.
It was truly the craziest job that I have ever had in my life.

I straight up made out with some random girl that I was serving on two different occasions, while working.
One was the last night of my employment and the second was on New Years Eve when I was taking care of a party of like 40 swingers.

They told me and the girl that was helping me out that they were from the swing club, Trapeze.

Hell... They even made the reservation as "the group from the swing club".

Oh to be in my 20's again.
edit on 3/24/2011 by Josephus23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Go figure!

To much information

But I didn't even mention it's a SS Death Heads Brigade uniform!

What can I say it's a slow news day.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Uniform Wear Banned Off Base in Europe

www.military.com

March 24, 2011
Stars and Stripes|by John Vandiver
STUTTGART, Germany -- U.S. troops in Europe are now forbidden to wear their uniforms off post “to the maximum extent possible,” including daily commutes to and from the office, as part of an effort to prevent servicemembers from standing out in a crowd, according to U.S. European Command.

The new policy, which comes three weeks after a deadly shooting outside Frankfurt Airport that left two Airmen dead and two badly wounded, takes effect immediately. The EUCOM mandate affects all Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Marines serving in the Eu
(visit the link for the full news article)

being out-of-uniform is not an option all the time....

i used to strap on a .45 and deliver packages (duties as a courier with my S-2 position)
to the Military equivelent of the Civilian FBI, called the CID... i drove by Jeep to the ****** Kasern
only 3 miles from the Engineer Battalion i was serving at...(Feurth Germany)

just a stones throw from the CID (criminal investigation division) was the areas PX/Comissary
building... about as large as a Wal-Mart of today... call it ego or personal puffery...
i felt sorta important being a courier of vital documents to the CID with a .45 on my hip...
and in fatigues of course

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

Pakistan also.

India is not official but english is spoken vastly.

you bring up a really good point about language... food for thought

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join