It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Right now in the Universe:

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
There is an epic space battle waging on.

Hundreads of Civillisations where wiped out today, either by war or natural disasters.

Today two or more species of intelligent life made contact with each other for the first time

Today a new civillisation was born

Today a peacfull culture was attacked by an aggressive alien race

--

If you see what im getting at here it would make me happy. We have to understand the vastness of the universe, billions of galaxies with trillions of stars and quad trillions of planets.

All what i have said has probaly happened somewhere in the vastness of the Universe. Its amazing to think about, that at this very moment i am typing this there are alien civillisations out there somewhere.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Today I dripped sauce all over my shirt.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

I like your train of thoughts here, and statistics agrees with you.

Some quotes:

"It would be inexcusably egocentric to suggest that we are alone in the cosmos."
Dr. Neil deGrasse Tyson

"That's 500 billion planets out there, and bear in mind there are 100 billion other galaxies. To think this [the Earth] is the only place where anything interesting is happening, you have got to be really audacious to take that point of view."
Seth Shostak, SETI senior astronomer

"The universe is not the inert universe of the physicist, with a little life added for good measure. The universe is life,with the necessary infrastructure around; it consists foremost of trillions of biospheres generated and sustained by the rest of the universe."
Christian de Duve, Nobel Laureate

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Don't worry.

Someone of another race of beings probaly did the exact same thing

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Today I dripped sauce all over my shirt.

And by sheer coincidence, and as yet unbeknown to you, started a war with the microscopic civilization known as the parak'uh and the defnrrh collective and which will rage on for an entire millenia.

Or until you wash your shirt...

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Good thread
I kinda wondered too if something like "Star Wars" is happening right now out there anywhere in the universe when I was watching Episode III last weekend on German television

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Somewhere in the universe right now there is a another poster named Haydn_17 on an alien internet conspiracy forum creating a thread

about this very thing!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Haydn_17 I couldnt agree more with the sentiments you expressed, detailing your attitude to the idea of intelligent life in the universe. However, as an addition to your valid points, I would suggest that along side an understanding of what may be occuring outside our sphere of knowledge, we should endevour in our every thought and deed, to ensure that when oppertunities arise for our species to get further out from our own homeworld, that we take them together as one, for the greater good of the whole human race, rather than working on region specific projects.
We may be individuals to our neighbours, and we may be individual cultures when thinking globaly, but in universal terms, we are one species, in amongst possible hundreds of thousands, or millions depending which end of the realm of possibility one chooses to dwell on. In order that we become a more active part of that interstellar potentiality, we must put aside our own petty foolishnesses, and embrace our species as a whole. Without this , I fear we may never break the heliospheric grasp that our solar system has on our ability to move beyond the edges of our domain. If we fail to break out of that bubble, we will never know anything else but mankinds own idiocies.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
[more

The events that are taking place right now throughout the universe in relation to your time reference is truley staggering. Statisticaly right now, almost everything that your brain is capable of thinking of is going on somewhere in our vast universe, Its the things that we cant comprehend let alone imagine that gets me excited and a little scared.
And yes it is quite plausible, and most probable, that in a galaxy far far away a massive empire is fighting a rebel attack just as how we imagined it in our polular media, and light sabers are real and in use right now..
Dam my brains gonna explode..

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Some of us might remember when "experts" and the likes of Sagan etc, claimed there are millions of stars in this galaxy.... Then the story changed.... BILLIONS..... Much of mankind has this habit of thinking they "know", often scoffing at people who are wiser, and I suspect mankind's understanding of this galaxy, let alone this universe even NOW is the same old song and dance.

I'm not stating knowledge isn't acquired, but the imagination and comprehension in this thread ( op ), even if it "may" seem to be based on something short of "coming from an expert", is closer to the seeking of truth than many an "expert".

Thanks for the ideas man. Thanks for the remembrance.. star and flag ( which should be considered before so easily "clicked" )

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Statistic and math is on your side!

And yes, it happen right now!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I can accept we are already under visitation from ID/ET beings, infact I'd say it's pretty likely something is going on we the masses are not privy to.

The sheer vastness of the known universe not to mention possible multiverses and extra dimensions throws some insane possibilities into reality.

I remember being young and imagining visitors travelling to us via rocket ships etc but the fact is things could appear in the blink of an eye, people worry about meteors and the length of time we would have to prepare if one was tracked in our solar system but just imagine one day everything is pretty normal and then without warning a huge fleet from another star system just appeared, no warning no anything, just here.

It's crazy how little we truely know of what could be out there and the day you lose the niavaty of everything being as simple as sunrise, grass, birds ,lollipops, beer and governmants and agencies etc being all knowing on how the world will pan out is mind blowing.

I love the sheer craziness of it all and hope we get more answers in my lifetime.
edit on 24-3-2011 by macdad1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-3-2011 by macdad1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

I've spent a great deal of time pondering this very thing and working out several of my own theories. Arken is correct, statistics are on your side here.

What I believe is that alien "intelligences" are more akin to the aliens depicted in Avatar: sub-technological intelligences that are "tribal" in nature and to which electricity remains magical.

We, as a species, overlook and underhype just how damned progressed we are. To think, what was once a pool of primordial organic matter has now conquered spaceflight and genetic engineering I think is an accomplishment that is not shared by many other species in the Universe. I'm not saying we're unique by any means. What I'm saying is that my own beliefs line up with the notion that technological intelligences are much rarer than the average "believer" thinks.

Unfortunately at this time, there's really no way of knowing just how widespread technological intelligence is in the Universe. If, say for instance, technological intelligent life is found in the Alpha Centauri system when we finally get around to exploring it, the odds shoot way up that we have many more analogues out there in the Universe.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

LOVE IT!

Indeed a wonderful thought, just one thing. I WISH they'd make themselves known to us already! (and by us I mean the public and not the powers that be)

*Don't think they will though you don't have to be of a higher intelligence to see that we are NOT nearly ready, not all of us anyway.

edit on 24-3-2011 by Titor86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Now here is the fun part...

The vastness of the universe that tends to make these things seem statistically likely is what makes them statistically improbable.

An infinite number of potential species all infinitely distanced from one another.

~Heff

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Somewhere in the universe, intelligent extraterrestrials may have just detected us and are making plans for contact.

Or have covered up all evidence of our existence!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I don't know I've spent many a year imagining that i am about to be abducted by ten of the hottest yet mute aliens this side of Baywatch. Hasn't happened yet if there is some lucky sap enjoying the fruits of my imagination well good for him

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I think like this all the time. "right now in the depths of the ocean squid are swimming around attacking whales". "At this very minute a black hole is sucking up an entire star".

I'm a weirdo.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaosinEngaged

I've spent a great deal of time pondering this very thing and working out several of my own theories. Arken is correct, statistics are on your side here.

What I believe is that alien "intelligences" are more akin to the aliens depicted in Avatar: sub-technological intelligences that are "tribal" in nature and to which electricity remains magical.

We, as a species, overlook and underhype just how damned progressed we are. To think, what was once a pool of primordial organic matter has now conquered spaceflight and genetic engineering I think is an accomplishment that is not shared by many other species in the Universe. I'm not saying we're unique by any means. What I'm saying is that my own beliefs line up with the notion that technological intelligences are much rarer than the average "believer" thinks.

Unfortunately at this time, there's really no way of knowing just how widespread technological intelligence is in the Universe. If, say for instance, technological intelligent life is found in the Alpha Centauri system when we finally get around to exploring it, the odds shoot way up that we have many more analogues out there in the Universe.

While I understand where you are coming from, you do not take into account other species that could have been/have been around for millions/billions of years. I would be willing to bet a pretty penny on the fact that a frighteningly large number of those species will be incredibly advanced. I am also willing to say that I believe we have and are currently being visited by said species. Whichever species those are. Yes we are advanced. The most intelligent/advanced beings for at least a few light years. However we are still very limited in our capacities. We haven't even mastered interplanetary/interstellar travel let alone developed sufficient technologies that can bypass the current FTL travel limitations. That being said if we don't kill ourselves in the next century I say give us at least 500 years and we'll start getting somewhere.
edit on 24-3-2011 by d00d557 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

Originally posted by MrAndy
Somewhere in the universe, intelligent extraterrestrials may have just detected us and are making plans for contact.

Or have covered up all evidence of our existence!

Mr Andy.. man! That is one entertaining and amusing post! Also Clever and Brilliant! I read it and outright cracked up laughing... Thanks... a star for that man... a well deserved Star.. We wonder if you were laughing when you posted it, or maybe a demure smile?

Thanks again!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join