It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massacre in Syria : Syrian regime killed 100+ protesters so far

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
This is sick and sad. And the MSM are not talking about it.

More than 100 said killed in Syria crackdown on anti-government protests

The bodies of at least 25 people arrived at the main hospital in Daraa on Wednesday, after Syrian police launched a relentless assault on a neighborhood sheltering protesters.

Syrian security forces have killed more than 100 people since beginning a crackdown on anti-government protesters in the restive city of Daraa last week, Al-Arabiya reported on Thursday.

The bodies of at least 25 protesters who died in confrontations with security forces arrive at the main hospital in Daraa on Wednesday, a medical official said, after Syrian police launched a relentless assault lasting nearly 24 hours on a neighborhood sheltering anti-government protesters.

Time for UN action! Come on! Half-joking. Syria have no oil, but Iran has... and Syria and Iran are allies by treaty...
edit on 24-3-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Again, more of these killings highlight the double standards of the west and leaves people with the perception that OIL is the driving factor in this military intervention

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   

This is sick and sad. And the MSM are not talking about it.

Could not agree more. Syria are next after Libya! Whats to fear? Softy Iran hahahahahahahaha!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Again, more of these killings highlight the double standards of the west

Double standards hahahahahaahaha! One thing at a time. I continually see you criticise the "West" as you put it. Well go on live in one of these stupid terrorist nations ...... I dare you! or are you one of the ungrateful people who live in the safety of England and just bash it all the time? As someone who is half British .......... disgraceful. Go on live in Iran I call your bluff right now! Left Wing ......... hahahahahahahahahaha! You never have anything good to say about the western word well go on go!
edit on 24-3-2011 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

I was just thinking the same thing....very hippocritical.
Did they help the Iranians??
Nope.
Did they help the people in Bahrain??
Nope.
Will they help these people??
Edited to add maybe.
The fact they are saying they are in Libya to help the citizens of Libya is a total joke.
If you have resources then we (corrupt governments and the UN) will help you with your corrupt governments.
Its pretty obvious if you ask me.
edit on 24-3-2011 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   

I forgot about Syria and Irans connection.
Maybe they will *help* those people after all.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Police are meant to protect the public, these people are nothing short of living scum...

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   

I call your bluff go live in one of these terrorist nations you defend! What to scared to put where you live in your profile! Disgraceful.! I'm an Aussie & proud of it. I don't hide and decline to put where I live in my profile! I call you out!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

I call your bluff go live in one of these terrorist nations you defend!

I defend them? Where?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
No one cares.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Do I need to go through all all your ATS posts? You are pretty much anti usa/western world! Lets go shall we?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage

Do I need to go through all all your ATS posts? You are pretty much anti usa/western world! Lets go shall we?

I live in Canada. And anti-western world, give me a break. Anti-globalism and war crimes, hell yeah.

Anyway this thread is not about me, it's about Syria killing protesters.
edit on 24-3-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Instead of condemning the horrible Syrian government that allows this sort of own destruction, you condemn the US for not intervening.

If Israel or USA mistakenly kills one or more civilians ATS is in an uproar.
When Muslim countries kill more tens and hundreds of civilians - it's time to criticize the west again!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Pretty obvious about whats happening here. You are the type who will complain about the situation and then whine even louder against the west if they do anything to to help the situation! Seen your form before! hahahahahahahaha! Again do I need to prove your anti western sentiment? Why don't you put Canada in your profile? No, because you would rather slag off at the Western World! hahahhahhahahaha!

I call your bluff. Go live in Iran....If the Jews are so bad, go live in Iran I dare you! Again this is a fact! Let's go through your posts to prove a point!

The people of Syria are well aware of how they are perceived by the rest of the world and want to do something about it! I call for a no fly zone over Syria and what the people want! I'll bet that is peace not what the radical cowards who currently control their country currently want!

I would like to see total destruction of the Syrian Government, Air Force and other military infrastructure until they are compliant with what their people want. Go go the bombings to achieve that objective! before the bleeding hearts start this against military targets not civilian! I would like to see the will of the people adhered to through democratic election not from some dictator who has ruled through the gun for years & years! Vitchilol! go move to Iran or in this case Syria as your views are obviously more insync with them! You don't deserve to live in a country as great as Canada!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

I'm sure Iran will send help...

Errr um wait

Iran's IRGC attacks anti-Assad protesters in Syria
www.worldtribune.com

LONDON — Iran's elite military units have been deployed to attack protesters of the regime of Syrian President Bashar Assad.

Opposition sources said Iran has sent units of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps to attack thousands of anti-Assad protesters in the city of Dera.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

The reason I am critical of western foreign policy is that usually it has the reverse effect of the intended goal. Take a look at Iraq and Afghanistan, both have created more terrorism around the world, not less. I will criticise my government whenever I want. If i feel their decisions are counter effective I will voice my concern. I was against a phony war in Iraq and am against this military intervention too. It's not a left right thing, there are just as many lefties who support this as right wingers who oppose it.

I just see the same mistakes being played all over again and see the double standards that creates so much resentment in the world.

edit on 24-3-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join