It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea May Attack US, South Korea, Japan Within Days

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Withdraws From Talks, Declares Nuclear War "At Any Moment"

North Korea�s official news agency claimed Friday that the situation is so tense on the Korean Peninsula that �a nuclear war may break out there any moment.�
The official communist news agency said the recent U.S.-South Korean exercises have been timed to coincide with the U.S. invasion of Iraq, as part of America�s �win-win strategy, a key link in the whole chain of its strategy to dominate the world by holding an upper hand in strength, is being put into practice on the Korean Peninsula.�

More : www.newsmax.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Man N.Korea ain't no punk. If we go to war with them the draft will be re-enacted. For all you bush supportes are u ready to fight

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 04:54 PM
link   
You assume alot. If nuclear war were to be initiated, what good would be the draft? How long do you think it would take to gather the people, train the people and equip the people even if it were to be a benefit?

What does the North Korean government being insane have to do with anyone being a Bush supporter? It wasn't Bush who made a deal with the North Korean government that put them in a stronger position nuclear-wise.

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Dont forget abstract that we have 1.4 million active troops (not all in Iraq obviously) and 1.25 million on reserve.

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne

It wasn't Bush who made a deal with the North Korean government that put them in a stronger position nuclear-wise.

There is a Clinton smell in the air.....

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 05:30 PM
link   
The US have stationed troops in the demilitarized zone and Powell rejected talk offers by North Korea. It is understandable that they are getting nervous.

www.commondreams.org...

[Edited on 23-3-2003 by Rascar Capac]

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Is NewsMax a tabloid like Pravada? How true is this story? I haven't heard anything on the tv about it, and I'm sure the media would be all over a story like that ...

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rascar Capac
The US have stationed troops in the demilitarized zone and Powell rejected talk offers by North Korea. It is understandable that they are getting nervous.

Powell didn't reject anything. He asked for a roundtable with the North-Koreans,the Chineese and the Russians. North-Korea rejected his offer !

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by abstract_alao
Man N.Korea ain't no punk. If we go to war with them the draft will be re-enacted. For all you bush supportes are u ready to fight

See this is just the thing, All N. Korea is, is a bunch of punks. They're doing these missile launchings and threatening the US to make the world think that they are "superior" then the US when in reality they aren't. Don't get me wrong though, N. Korea can be powerful with their insane regime and everything but I think they would be a little smarter then pre-emptively attacking the US and starting a full-scale war. That would obviously lead to the end of their regime and I don't think they want that.

[Edited on 23-3-2003 by Midnight Mutilator]

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Hypotheticly though ... If NK was stupid enough to attack the US first, I can definatly see WW3 shortly after ...

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by e-nonymous
Hypotheticly though ... If NK was stupid enough to attack the US first, I can definatly see WW3 shortly after ...

For a WW3, you need to have the Russians and the Chicoms involved. And if you think that the Russians and the Chicoms will back the NK if they attack the us,especially with some nukes, you have wrong. We can say and write what we want about the Russians and the Chineses, but they are not stupids and suicidal as like the N-Koreans are. The last thing that Russia and China want is a WW3. Think about it, if you were them ( Russians and Chineses ), would you commit a suicide for NK ?

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 06:02 PM
link   
... is like the the punk on the street screwin with the big boys like america. the only difference, they're holding the gun tighter. north korea knows that if it engages the US, which it wants to do like a middle schooler wants britney spears, then they will likely do what damage they can, and accept defeat no matter what it means for their people. the only solution to the north korean problem is to a) attack first, and or turn the people against the gov't.

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Kim doesnt care how many people he gets killed, his own people or anyone else. That is what makes him so dangerous.

I am still wondering if he is working as a front for the Chinese. I have heard many times that the Chinese have a lot to loose if war happens in the area, and that may be true. However, if that is true, why hasnt the Chinese squeezed N Korea to shut the hell up (I would imagine if China were on the up and up, they would percieve NK as the instigator, and being in the Chinese backyard, would prefer that they not start stuff).

If China doesnt support NK, they should be pressuring Kim to settle down, and if NK launches, China would likely take NK out, to keep the US from launching in thier direction. However, if NK keeps running its mouth and edging thier way into a war footing, and China remains silent, I think there is some back room dealings between the two....

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I'll beleive it when I see it. They don't have the balls.

top topics

join