It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is not a thread on homosexuality!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
My hopefully thought provoking and not hate producing thread this morning is about transexuals. I'm not talking about drag queens or crossdressers, I'm talking about people born in the wrong body. While this occurance surely happens more often in the gay community, it is not necessarily so.
Imagine, if you will, you go in for a routine surgery and your files are switched and you wake up as the opposite gender. I know I for one would be absolutly devestated. Now imagine you were born that way.
There was a case of a small boy before school age that knew he was a girl. His parents kept telling him no, he was in fact a boy because he had a penis. The mother of said child walked into the bathroom one day to find her son, with no knowledge of sexuality, attempting to remove his penis as he saw that as being the only thing causing him not to be female. I do not have the source of that right now and will attempt to find it later today.

jcem.endojournals.org...
That's just an article on brain similarities between transexuals and the gender they feel they are.
There are studies to show that a great number of these people were exposed to hormones at important times of developement in the womb.The facts are that these people really are born with huge differences in their brains versus people born in the right gender. This is not just in hormones levels or brain wave patterns but in the size of certain areas etc.
Currently, at least in Canada, there are laws protecting homosexuals from being fired from jobs etc. but none regarding people going through gender reassignment surgery. I find this disturbing. We would not fire someone from a job because they grew larger breasts based off of hormones in the womb so why fire someone who is transgendered? Even if we take out the surgery aspect of it, a person who is transgendered and just expresses that fact could indeed lose their job based on that alone. The debate on whether homosexuality is natural or not has been beaten around worse then the proverbial horse on these forums but I have yet to see a discussion on transgendered people. If there is one please direct me to it. I don't mean this to sound like it's just about jobs or any one topic surrounding this developement issue. I want opinions on this from everyone. I hate bringing religion into things but I am quite interested in the christian views on this.
Why do you think there has been an increase in transgendered situations in the last 20 years or so? Is it just more acceptable to come out as this now or have the cases actually increased with government use of hormones in food?
I know there are more pressing matters to discuss and compared with the Japan crisis and the fighting going on this is nothing but to the people it involves it's everything, plus there are dozens of threads on the above mentioned topics and this is indeed a social issue. I apologize if I haven't articulated myself properly, I have yet to ingest my first coffee of the day.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I don't believe someone is born in the wrong body. I assume it would defy the laws of a soul if there is such a thing.

A person wanting to be the other gender? You can count on it. Especially with a society producing media such as this one. The idea is planted everywhere. Literally watch out what you leave on the television while your kids are around, the wrong thing can produce a strong emotion, and as an analogy, it would be like putting an extremely large desktop icon that over shadow the rest, and the user keeps clicking it as it's the most significant.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

What a silly response. You really think that kids are going to be begging their parents to switch their genders after seeing a TV program?

I believe it's very possible for someone to feel like they are in the wrong body. I even think it extends on a spiritual level and it's not just physical/mental.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

I believe if there is such thing as a soul that there is reincarnation. I think the purpose of that would be to perfect said soul. That being the case it only makes sense that a soul would be born into all genders in order to see the world in different ways. But what do I know, I'm just a crazy pagan.

If someone believes souls do not exist then we have to go completely on science and the science says that there are men with female brains and vice versa. I would hope that no one could debate the fact that female and male brains differ.

new topics

top topics

join