It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Japanese road repaired SIX days after it was destroyed by quake

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by Redneck from Hell

Well,I watched the video.......In no place on the video does it show the work on "said" site. You would think that it would have been documented to some extent,especially if this is a "feel good" story,designed "obviously" for just that purpose. Look,I think the guy your calling a "troll" has good points to what he believes. I also "questioned" the pictures,on page 1. Unless that particular stretch of the road HAD to be made,I would think ALL heavy equipment,would have been diverted to some of the devastated areas,to help with relief efforts.Not fix some road. Unless the road was a major thoroughfare.....Then I could believe it,without questioning it. You can google Japan Tsunami devastation,and see many places NOT being worked on............Just saying.......

You must be trolling also, it's funny.

The road is fixed, Buddha didn't fix it, the Japanese did. And you are worried about it showing the work being done? I have been following this Japan situation as broadcasted by Russian, and Brazilian news stations, and perhaps they were focusing on other things as the workers were re building that road. I sure as hell know they provided INFINITELY more coverage than the West did.

They didn't rebuild it with the intention of it being a feel good story. To them it had to be done and was. It wasn't some expression of "look at what we can do". They can't just leave a road destroyed while resources are moving around, and many other needs which are dependent on it, such as a possible evac.

You also have that weak limited mentality that people should be everywhere at all times. Obviously the road was a major asset, the video explains that to some extend for as to better logistics. The disaster effected huge parts of Japan, and saying that "perhaps" the resources should be used on parts where they were more needed is just so weak minded. There will always be parts that get aid last, it's just irrelevant to even discuss it.

The troll didn't question much, he labeled it a hoax.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I had to add this to the topic here, I had this video as a fav in my youtube account, its in china (I believe) but its a 15 story building completed in 6days, (from what the timer says in the lower corner) pretty amazing actually, and def worth a watch.

so fixing that road in 6days is slow compaired to this, but the road was off the cuff, the building doesent account for prep and design and material making.

edit on 26-3-2011 by Sippy Cup because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Sippy Cup

I remember that. Wasn't that the building that was just a bunch of prefabricated units mashed together? It wasn't exactly a 'from-the-ground-up' construction. I mean, there's prefabricated houses, for example. Drop one down with a truck--what is that? A house in one day?

Also, malformed YT link.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sippy Cup
I had to add this to the topic here, I had this video as a fav in my youtube account, its in china (I believe) but its a 15 story building completed in 6days, (from what the timer says in the lower corner) pretty amazing actually, and def worth a watch.

so fixing that road in 6days is slow compaired to this, but the road was off the cuff, the building doesent account for prep and design and material making.

edit on 26-3-2011 by Sippy Cup because: (no reason given)

That was as someone already said, prefabricated everything. It wasn't a from the group up, built from scratch. Not to mention the fact that I'm sure none of us would risk living in a building like that. Can we really compare the two, I think not.

Oh and think of the planning that was done prior to the building being built. The road was built whilst the country is in an unstable situation overall, and everything was done in 6 days, from planning to repair.
edit on 26-3-2011 by Redneck from Hell because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
If it was actually rebuilt in 6 days, I would not want to be anywhere near it when another disaster strikes. The soil needs to settle properly if it is going to have any long term integrity. 6 days is not near long enough. i say BS.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Just amazing. Here you could count on thousands of man hours of drivers waiting in traffic, for months, and you could count on the road being shoddily repaired, by special union work crews, to last only a year or so before a summer of construction would simply begin again. What an inspiration to the world this is. Thanks Japan, and OP.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Hi, I tried googling for more photos other than the "before/after" one showed in the OP, but so far no luck. Can anyone direct me to a site showing more of them pics? I would like to believe this story to be true. I have my reservations for the moment, until I can see some photos of the right portion of the road. Based on how the road collapsed and shifted towards the right, I reckon it seriously needed some type of retaining wall in a form of reinforced concrete or some kinda riprap if it were to be rebuilt. If such is the case, it might actually take way more time to get something like that done. Factoring in the time to come up with the structural design such as steel reinforcement and such, as well as the concrete curing period, even with the help of chemicals/additives. But this is just to confirm whatever doubts I still have lingering about.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
First off.. the road repair (if True ) is amazing... hats off the Japanese. But I have reservations.

Secondly, despite what positive spin the Media has on the Japanese tragedy (with the aid of the western "free Media". I have a negative perception of the Japanese efforts , in both their handling of Nuclear plants issues, and their rescue and aid to the quake victims in the Northern regions. Their efforts are, in fact, pathetic.

In most of the Tsunami hit prefecture, food, water, tents and fuel are not reaching them at all. Japanese government Official were hardly seen. Soldiers were deployed for rescue with only their essential equipments. AKA most of the devastated residents were largely left to their own devices. All in wintering weather. It's ten days now.

What so great about the speed of repairing a brand new highway with no traffic in six days, while they should be repairing access roads to affected areas with shovels to let aids trucks thru. But as I understand it, even the trucks can't get enough fuel for that. Seen any pale faced Japanese soldiers shoveling and filling temporary roads ?

China has, in fact, provided physical on station aid, even the world's tallest concrete pump in days for the nuclear site. already supplied 100,000 tons of petrol and diesel to date (free). The biggest contributor of actual aid sent.(You won't heard that from the Western or Japanese media). From what I understand (don't quote me) from friends in Japan, those fuel wasn't fully distributed to the aid efforts, but selling in the pumps. WTF. The Japanese seems to be more interested in their economy, than the residnets in the devastated northern prefectures. The Japanese Govt seems to think that the tsunami survivors can survive simply on ego and fear of shame.

BTW, where's the 50,000 US soldiers stationed there, where's the chinooks, black birds crawling the skies ? Did they just dumped 100 bottles of water, and flee, as rumoured ?

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

I just said something along the lines of it not being done with out some time spend before the actual build, but still drywalled and insulated, and mudded, water lines and electric ran in two days, and put together. but it is pre-fab. did you guys even watch the video?

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Noscible

I fixed the link.....now go watch the video. and say is not a little amazing....to say the least~!``
and its pre-fab but not completed units, just framing is. they still had to do the water electric and insulation plus drywall.
edit on 26-3-2011 by Sippy Cup because: making it two lines

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Wow, why can't we do that around here? I swear, in my city, we have the orange construction cones up for a year before they even get started.... 2 years later..... They might just think about finishing....

Then it's time to move the cones up 20 ft and work on that part of the road..... Eventually. Tax payer money, hard at work

Seriously though, that is AMAZING.... Just shows the amazing resolve of the Japanese people.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by mobydog
First off.. the road repair (if True ) is amazing... hats off the Japanese. But I have reservations.

Secondly, despite what positive spin the Media has on the Japanese tragedy (with the aid of the western "free Media". I have a negative perception of the Japanese efforts , in both their handling of Nuclear plants issues, and their rescue and aid to the quake victims in the Northern regions. Their efforts are, in fact, pathetic.

In most of the Tsunami hit prefecture, food, water, tents and fuel are not reaching them at all. Japanese government Official were hardly seen. Soldiers were deployed for rescue with only their essential equipments. AKA most of the devastated residents were largely left to their own devices. All in wintering weather. It's ten days now.

What so great about the speed of repairing a brand new highway with no traffic in six days, while they should be repairing access roads to affected areas with shovels to let aids trucks thru. But as I understand it, even the trucks can't get enough fuel for that. Seen any pale faced Japanese soldiers shoveling and filling temporary roads ?

China has, in fact, provided physical on station aid, even the world's tallest concrete pump in days for the nuclear site. already supplied 100,000 tons of petrol and diesel to date (free). The biggest contributor of actual aid sent.(You won't heard that from the Western or Japanese media). From what I understand (don't quote me) from friends in Japan, those fuel wasn't fully distributed to the aid efforts, but selling in the pumps. WTF. The Japanese seems to be more interested in their economy, than the residnets in the devastated northern prefectures. The Japanese Govt seems to think that the tsunami survivors can survive simply on ego and fear of shame.

BTW, where's the 50,000 US soldiers stationed there, where's the chinooks, black birds crawling the skies ? Did they just dumped 100 bottles of water, and flee, as rumoured ?

Everything you've said has no meaning. Provide proof.

The very fact you've stated those things is irrelevant because there is no way you are receiving an accurate acessment of the situation in Japan. The media is not reliable, they barely show anything. Internet sites can do little because they don't have acess or people at the scene,

Seems to me you are just mouthing off. You've watched a couple videos, read some articles, and because you are not seeing the cavalry in your tv screen you think you know if people are or not receiving help? This situation is more complex than you seem to give it credit.

Now the way teh Japanese have handled the nuclear situation as far as informing their people is a different story. How they provide help to the ones whose lives have been wiped out by the tsunami is something we can't tell as of now.

Can you deny that the Japanese govt hasn't provided shelter or food to those who need it? If so you are making stuff up buddy. You expect them to build houses when they have other priorities at hand?
edit on 26-3-2011 by Redneck from Hell because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Sorry,im not trolling. Just questioning the pictures,because they look like those before and after pics that are totally photo shopped.

"You also have that weak limited mentality that people should be everywhere at all times."

Maybe you should double check the TOS of this site,before you go out and start calling names........

I searched the net,and found these.

At least I look for the facts......Maybe you should also.......

Denying Ignorance.........................................................By questioning official story's.

edit on 26-3-2011 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by mobydog

By repairing the road, they allow aid to get to places that need it. Can't for the life of me understand why you think that a road destroyed by an earthquake wouldn't be in an area that needs aid. In other words: It IS an access road.

I don't know what the foreign media is showing, but yes, I have seen "pale faced Japanese soldiers shoveling and filling temporary roads", in addition to images of (and interviews with) the hundreds of road crews from all over Japan that have been relocated to the Pacific coastline to open things up to traffic. Just because Fox isn't covering it, doesn't mean it's not happening, and it certainly doesn't mean that the images of soldiers doing the initial search were the end of the operation.

Yes, there are areas that are still largely cut off. There are bridges gone, there are islets that have lost their port infrastructure, there are places that have lost their only access roads (as in: there is nothing left to repair), and the rail links are gone. Work has been going on 24 hours a day to get through, but to fix a bridge at point A you have to fix a road at point B, which requires clearing a landslide at point C, for which you need equipment that you can't get unless you re-route the road at point D. And you can't do any of that without gas and diesel, for which there's a whole other series of infrastructure that needs repair and rebuilding.

That said, I'm not aware of any place that has not been contacted. If you have information about places that are not receiving at least basic aid, please post it - and I can forward that along to people doing relief work in Tohoku. But something tells me that any information you might have is out of date.

The media outside of Japan (including NHK world) is focusing their attention on Fukushima. It's a different story here.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Yes..it is impossible to repair a road in that kind of condition in 6 days..

What, just because YOU can't do something means it's impossible?

When was the last time you lived in Japan? I've lived there off and on for over 20 years. I have seen how quickly and efficiently they can get stuff done. Not everything is that fast. But the japanese have a pretty amazing work ethic.

Something you lack, no doubt.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join