It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Japanese road repaired SIX days after it was destroyed by quake

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
just in.....CNN

Japan to aid evacuations amid dangerous radiation levels

this is the real news...others are only there to deviate you from the real problem..sheeple

road reapirs miracle pfff and they didnt tell you how many workers have been involved and you all go nuts about it..

deny ignorance...deny being a sheep

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

you realize the power plant is not the only devestation in Japan right now right
Yes it's the most concerning but these people's country (or parts of it) is in shambles and I for one think it's nice to see a bit of progress in recovery no matter how small or how insignificant it may be to you. I admire they can get this done so quickly when so much is going on and they're still experiencing earthquakes.

I have no idea where that road is but what would happen if they needed to evacuate and they needed to use that road but couldn't because it was all torn up?

how does this have anything to do with being ignorant? its not like anyone here's forgotten about the radiation lolol
edit on 25-3-2011 by onyx718 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SMR

Pretty sure road workers have no idea how to control a reactor meltdown

It would seem that the Tepco workers have no idea either

might as well send in the road workers now....maybe they can just bury the thing...at least they can get the job done

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by goochball

my same thought! especially when you look at the color changes in the main pavement, the pattern of green vs.blue/black!

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
There is also the possibility that they had to get the roads done in order for others to come through, possibly with food, water or supplies to help those stranded, or they hurried so that workers for the reactor have a faster way to get around.

This is a catastrophe, yet some over there are finding something to do with their time, and experience. Sometimes I am ashamed by the things that are said here.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Has to be a hoax..

no way any country can fix a road like that in that short of a time span..

aren't all the heavy equipment guys busy digging people out of the rubble?

or at least clearing city streets so people have access to fresh water?

that cannot be a real pic of before and after..

has to be the other way around..

just my 2 cents..but really people...sheesh..

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

Actually..look at the trees..

you can see the colors are all wrong..

you have oranges in the first photo..

but only green in the second one...nope..

not buying it..

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
It makes you wonder why a simple job to fix some pot holes and resurface a short stretch takes 3mths over here. I love going to work in the morning and seeing men leaning on shovels drinking coffee. Then in returning later that night to see the truck has moved the standing around is still going on with little to no progress.

Point being, money is wasted every single damn time the government gets a hold of it. As soon as they have it they spend 110% of it and nothing gets done. The system is a failure, it's all designed for failure and to be honest all of us are destined to be failures because of our endorsement.

The work done above is the result of people motivated and actually working.

****The Colors are correct, look again****

edit on 25-3-2011 by TheRemedial because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRemedial

No..it is not..

it is a hoax and should be moved to that forum,,

you really believe that a road in that kind of condition can be fixed to what you see in "6" days..

I don't think so...

the colors are wrong..you look again..

it is winter over there..
edit on 25-3-2011 by baddmove because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

It's the cloud coverage and perhaps a different camera and lens filter. You are sadly mistaken, this is the same stretch of road in the same season. It is correct and you are wrong. If you are right, I will eat my shoe!

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

ok..see this quote..by me..

you really believe that a road in that kind of condition can be fixed to what you see in "6" days.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove

ok..see this quote..by me..

you really believe that a road in that kind of condition can be fixed to what you see in "6" days.

IMHO I am not looking at the condition, but at the people and the motivation that some have for the restoration of their country and their work ethic. It may seem impossible, but does that mean that is it "impossible"?

Peace, NRE.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Yes..it is impossible to repair a road in that kind of condition in 6 days..

think about what would be involved..

you would have to remove almost all of the damaged asphalt first..

not like you can glue it back together again..

then you need Graders to come in and scrape all the dirt back to a level surface after that..

then you need hundreds of truck loads of pavement trucks to come in and repave the whole thing..

then the paint trucks would come in an re-stripe it...

and that is a lot of manpower..

i'm telling you..this is an after /before image...

not the other way around...

look at the whole picture..

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

there is no fast forward video for this because you are seeing a after/before picture..

not the other way around..

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Seriously?

have you never seen a cluster of trees together or what? i'm looking out my window right now and there's pines which are green, some other trees which are a lighter green and right in the middle there's a tree with brownish green. Trees have varients lol they don't all have to have the same coloured leaves at the exact same time. if the tree's root system was damaged by the quake too it could be effecting the foliage as it wouldn't be able to absorb water / nutrients the same way.

also the pictures are taken on different sections of the road as there's a sign in one picture and not in the other....unless they just faked a sign for no reason too

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

I see 10-20 dump trucks, some bulldozers, backhoe, paving crew and 6 days easily. Do you really think they extracted what had sunk? I think if the Indian sappers could pull off 4 bridges in 72hrs the Japanese could fill in some land sink and pave over it in 6 days.

"Task forces from 237 Engr Regt were deployed in rescue and relief operations and on National Highway to construct bridges and restore road communication. The Sappers worked incessantly for seven full days and launched four Bailey bridges at Nimu Minor, Nimu Nala, Basgo and gap near of Nurla in record 72 hours."

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by onyx718

Do you know anything about Evergreen trees? I think not..

Root damage might occur and really hurt an Evergreen tree..

but it usually takes a long time to affect them..say..5-9 months..

like you said..pic taken from different spot..

see my post above about fixing a road..

in fact..go google it or just watch a crew fix a road some day...

Oh yea..I forgot to throw this in..

The first pictures from the repair showed up on the 15th!( 1st photo,after quake damage)

The picture on the left was attributed to the 11th. (2nd photo,after the repair)

go see for yourselves..

Ummm..shoe.......tasty!

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by heineken
its only a damn road ...

and they fixed it because all they can think of is that commercial trucks can go through...

i bet thousands are still livin in tents and will still do for years...did you know that only the lower class were effected by the tsunami????

did they show you the picture of the new houses they built for them??

YEYYYYYYYYYY the [racist slur deleted] fixed the damn road!!! YIPPPIEEE

patetic

Yeah, pathetic of them to rebuild the only expressway. It's not like they needed to get emergency supplies through or, like the fire trucks up to fukushima from Tokyo, or evacuate people.

edit on 25-3-2011 by vox2442 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Redneck from Hell

Well,I watched the video.......In no place on the video does it show the work on "said" site. You would think that it would have been documented to some extent,especially if this is a "feel good" story,designed "obviously" for just that purpose. Look,I think the guy your calling a "troll" has good points to what he believes. I also "questioned" the pictures,on page 1. Unless that particular stretch of the road HAD to be made,I would think ALL heavy equipment,would have been diverted to some of the devastated areas,to help with relief efforts.Not fix some road. Unless the road was a major thoroughfare.....Then I could believe it,without questioning it. You can google Japan Tsunami devastation,and see many places NOT being worked on............Just saying.......

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join