It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Japanese road repaired SIX days after it was destroyed by quake

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Apart from the fact it looks brand new with new curbs new tarmac and newly painted lines.You can tell its not fake because the verge is new sand with no vegetation whilst the broken road shows an overgrown verge.
edit on 24-3-2011 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

I will take your word for it.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthOccupant
One thing that struck me about the demolished picture..

The fault line is almost exactly equal to the road stripes...

Just a strange coincidence.

EarthOccupant...I always wondered that myself. I've seen this several times where the road splits or heaves exactly where the painted lines are! I wonder why it does that? Anyone have any insight!?

Michelle

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
I smell a FAKE!!! Well,not really. Just maybe the before and after pictures have been switched. I know the Japanese work fast,but it just doesnt smell right........

That was my first thought as well....I scoured the pictures trying to find some "proof" that the pics weren't taken in the same spot, or same time of year or something. But then I thought what a stupid thing to lie about, why would they bother?? I don't know but it still does smell like a fake to me

Michelle

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Nice find!

When I was in Japan some years back, I remember walking home to my tiny flat and seeing a very busy road being torn up, lights and servicemen all around (wearing tabi boots no less!). And I thought to myself, wow - how long is it going to take to fix that, given my experience of roadworks in Surrey (UK).

Sure enough the next day it was done. They worked through the night and got the entire road done. I'm not talking about a few dozen feet - this was.. well, it looked like it went on for a coupole hundred yards at least.

Very impressive work ethic, the Japanese. It's a combination of pride in their work and what their work shows of themselves to others.

EDIT: i dont think it's fake - my personal experience with them suggests they ARE in fact that quick an efficient, for the most part. Just my opinion, of course.
edit on 24-3-2011 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37
reply to post by sonnny1

the verge is new sand with no vegetation whilst the broken road shows an overgrown verge.
edit on 24-3-2011 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

good observation and convinces me this is a real before and after. Way to go Japan I hope you find a way to prosper from this calamity and really peeve off the globalists. Is it a Chinese or Japanese proverb that says a crisis is an opportunity in disguise? Probably a Chinese proverb but close enough.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I actually does not take long to do projects such as this...when you got your crap together. Some heavy machinery, a dedicated crew and BAM.....you got a new road.

The reason we dont see this happen in the US is because contractors know that the government will pay big money, will let them prolong the process to funnel more money and both sides take advantage of that.

So why cant we do this in the US? Corruption, thats why!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
How dare they!

Why don't they follow the Western-Anglo-European model:

Step 1: Have a meeting about it (paid meeting to city/government employees)

Step 2: Take a vote on what to do (paid vote to the city/government employees)

Step 3: Dispute the results in a paid employee meeting.

Step 4: Distribute a ton of paperwork.

Step 5: Get lawyers involved.

Step 6: 6 months later work begins.

Problem Solved!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
The bushes on the right hand side of the road are different. Sure these aren't pictures of the same road in two areas?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

where are the other towers?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Some new road was fixed near my house and it took nearly 2-3 months. It was a huge joke since it blocked a whole lane and caused traffic all school semester.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
That first photo looks like half the streets in LA

Simply amazing

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Here in The Netherlands government officials who should be busy deciding on such things have a saying:

"Don't look out the window in the morning, or you'll have nothing to do in the afternoon."

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Thats right. I actually work in the industry and if you have the right machinery, lots of manpower and a plan in place this is more than possible to achieve. If a job is urgent it's amazing what can be accomplished.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   

SMR

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Takes years for Cal-Trans to fix one pot hole around here

To those who complain about them fussing with roads and not the reactors.
Maybe they leave the reactor work to those who are hired for the job and road workers are doing what they do so they have roads to travel on during such an event.
Pretty sure road workers have no idea how to control a reactor meltdown

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
its only a damn road ...

and they fixed it because all they can think of is that commercial trucks can go through...

i bet thousands are still livin in tents and will still do for years...did you know that only the lower class were effected by the tsunami????

did they show you the picture of the new houses they built for them??

YEYYYYYYYYYY the JAPS fixed the damn road!!! YIPPPIEEE

patetic

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
dude, send those road construction guys over here anytime lol it took crews i think 4 months to patch and widen a section of road MAYBE five blocks long around my neighbourhood.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join