It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Japanese road repaired SIX days after it was destroyed by quake

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Almost unbelievable speedy repair work going on after the quake that brought Japan to its knees showing the world how its done. Kent county Council if you are reading this why does it take you months to fill in potholes?
www.dailymail.co.uk...

The picture of gaping chasms in a Japanese highway demonstrated the power of the March 11 earthquake.

Now the astonishing speed of reconstruction is being used to highlight the nation’s ability to get back on its feet.

Work began on March 17 and six days later the cratered section of the Great Kanto Highway in Naka was as good as new. It was ready to re-open to traffic last night

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Wow that is incredible! I wish there were one of those fast forwarded videos that showed the progress from beginning to end. I think this thread is the first bit of good news i've heard from Japan in a while! Thanks OP

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
OMG thats amazing.... if that were the Uk they would still be surrounding it with half a million traffic cones with a quater of a million lights on top and pretend to work whilst having a cup of tea.... with an estimated time of completion of 6 months.

LoL....i laugh so as not to cry
edit on 24-3-2011 by tokzik because: spell

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
people in japan are more prided on their work, they wont even accept tips. most likely they where actually working instead of sitting around collecting $$$ by the hour.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Wow go Japan!

This is crazy because here it would have taken FOREVER to redo a road like that. Usually there are cars and heavy equipment sitting at a site but no workers. It takes years it seems for them to complete simple road repairs here in Florida, let alone replace one like this in 6 days!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
i hope they concentrate more on their nuclear reactor and stop the lying..we have kids here and we are worried about a toxic shower

to others who are amazed about such a speedy repair...you just fill the road with concrete and level the top ..whats all the fuss

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

The fuss isnt at how the Road is fixed but yet how quickly the workers have fixed it...

as stated in an earler post, they were actually working not sitting around and getting payed for it .

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by heineken
to others who are amazed about such a speedy repair...you just fill the road with concrete and level the top ..whats all the fuss
Did you see the pictures? There's a lot more to it than that. Part of the road dropped by 4 feet or so, they'd have to fill in the 4 foot gap with soil, and regrade the area, that's a big job for 6 days.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by heineken
i hope they concentrate more on their nuclear reactor and stop the lying..we have kids here and we are worried about a toxic shower

A road is made up of around 4 to 10 different layers depending on what its for, i think the avarage motor way has around 7 different layers. its not simple at all and is amazing how quick they done it

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Wow...thats awesome. The roads around where I live look more like the before pic lol. Send these guys my way when they're done, tired of busting up my damn car

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
ok ok ..

i admit must have been a little rude or what

but this very morning i heard on our news they are expecting radiation cloud to be over our kids by tomorrow..still not so dangerous..but i dont like the idea

i blamed the japanese for building the plant knowing its close a disaster area

i admire the road repair but still i'm into hearing other news rather than street repairs

hope i am clear

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
AMAZING.

God we have roads here in FL that have been under construction for six YEARS if not longer for things of a much more simple nature.

Kudos to them.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   

it would be nice if they put this kind of effort into encasing the reactors or something

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Wow I didn't read the entire post before I had posted and just went back to see you said pretty much the same thing as me haha.

stupid me. but it's so true.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I should send a copy of those pictures to my local council and as them why it took 6months to fix ONE rather large pothole down my road after a motorcyclist nearly went flying.. Which, funny enough, is becoming a pothole again only a few months later... unbelievable.....

Well done you Japanese workmen!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by gougitousakusha

it would be nice if they put this kind of effort into encasing the reactors or something

exactly bro

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by tokzik
OMG thats amazing.... if that were the Uk they would still be surrounding it with half a million traffic cones with a quater of a million lights on top and pretend to work whilst having a cup of tea.... with an estimated time of completion of 6 months.

LoL....i laugh so as not to cry
edit on 24-3-2011 by tokzik because: spell

Four blokes standing around leaning on shovels, while peering into holes in the ground is harder work than most people realise. It takes time to learn to do while pretending to be busy, so the contract can be strung out to two or three times it's original length.

OP, you in Folkestone?

Looking at your avatar, it looks like the sea front around the harbour.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I swear to God, if this happened in the UK, the road would still be ruined a year later! Do you realise how many cups of tea, smoke breaks and general examples of time wasting would occur...got to give it the Japs, they are efficient, proud and hard working....GO JAPAN!!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
One thing that struck me about the demolished picture..

The fault line is almost exactly equal to the road stripes...

Just a strange coincidence.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I smell a FAKE!!! Well,not really. Just maybe the before and after pictures have been switched. I know the Japanese work fast,but it just doesnt smell right........

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join