It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breakdown of Black Families in U.S. Linked to Planned Parenthood

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by John_Rodger_Cornman

Originally posted by minigunner
You can't blame Planned Parenthood for the breakdown of Black Families, but you can blame a lack of education.
Planned Parenthood is a system/resource that is in place for some of these individuals who choose to not use their brains when having unprotected sex whether it be in or out of wedlock. The lack of education in the lower income and higher crime areas is, in my opinion, more to blame.

Lets just say for the sake of looking at this from both sides, that it is planned parenthood.
Lets remove PP from the neighborhoods. What happens next. More births, but you will have more abandonement. Mothers will have these children and the fathers will leave. Or mothers will have children and both mother and father will leave the baby. So, no abortion, but now a bigger problem. Child goes into foster home and or adopted. Nonetheless, the child will be without biological parents. Its the system, the machine and its an animal. Lower income families and people will continue to have sex.

Look at countries in Africa: Nigeria, Botswana, Sudan. I wouldn't even consider bringing a child into that environment, but because there is no birth control or education system in place you have rampant AIDS and many births in what most would consider a lesser environment from modern day standards.

I realize I am starting to go off track, but in the end I don't believe its planned parenthood. Its a useful system if used correctly and properly.

M

So you support eugenics? Do you know PP is a nazi/eugenics front organization.

I support pro choice. My opinions of why I support that are not going to be represented here, and if you want to call pro choice eugenics, so be it. I think you have those two representations greatly skewed if thats how you think, but thats your opinion such as this is mine. Whether or not its a Nazi front is beside the point. If you look around the world, the nazi's have left us with many things that are still in use and actively engrained in society today.

Ushering Jews to their death via death chambers is just a little different than handing out birth control and offering services to abort embryos that are either sick, or unwanted.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngryOne
Just let me say that I am so, so sick of Black folks blaming absolutely all of their problems on absolutely everyone and everything imaginable.....except, of course, themselves.

Enough. This is pathetic.

So you're suggesting society hasn't played a role in African Americans remaining in poverty? Last I checked there aren't coc aine or poppy fields in the inner cities. Last I checked the majority of poverty stricken families are black or hispanic. Have you ever questioned yourself why that is? Majority of men and woman serving in the military are either black or hispanic. Have you ever wondered why? Because black and hispanic rasicm exists in this society as it has for centuries leaving the bloodlines utterly destroyed from wealth without any real opportunities of progress. You achieve this by making ecucation a failure, drugs and violence rampant, and an inability to get a job. This is what's setup and why it only perpetuates more of the same drugs, violence, and poverty. Why do you think most of the prisons are filled with black and hispanic people? it's all connected. You need to wake up!
edit on 26-3-2011 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by libertytoall

Just let me say that I am so, so sick of Black folks blaming absolutely all of their problems on absolutely everyone and everything imaginable.....except, of course, themselves.

Enough. This is pathetic.

So you're suggesting society hasn't played a role in African Americans remaining in poverty? Last I checked there aren't coc aine or poppy fields in the inner cities. Last I checked the majority of poverty stricken families are black or hispanic. Have you ever questioned yourself why that is? Majority of men and woman serving in the military are either black or hispanic. Have you ever wondered why? Because black and hispanic rasicm exists in this society as it has for centuries leaving the bloodlines utterly destroyed from wealth without any real opportunities of progress. You achieve this by making ecucation a failure, drugs and violence rampant, and an inability to get a job. This is what's setup and why it only perpetuates more of the same drugs, violence, and poverty. Why do you think most of the prisons are filled with black and hispanic people? it's all connected. You need to wake up!
edit on 26-3-2011 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

Actually there is more poor whites then poor blacks in America.
www.statehealthfacts.org...

It is a statistic game. Whites are the majority population and Blacks are only the third most common race. Indecently in these statistics Jewish American's are considered White..... Either way there is more "Whites" on welfare then any other race.

The majority of Armed forces are "White" www.slideshare.net...

Yes indeed people need to wake up, starting with you. Your ignorance and border-line bigotry is very appalling and mislead. And it makes you look less than intelligent or an outright liar. I am sure this is all just a misunderstanding, you picked up things from your neighborhood growing up or grew up thinking all whites are born with a silver spoon or some other prejudicial stereotype.

Either way you are ignorant of the facts no longer.

P.S Planned Parenthood was founded by Margaret Sanger that took great pride in the time she spoke in front of the KKK.

"We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population."
Margaret Sanger: founder of Planned Parenthood. December 10, 1939
'The Negro Project'

Please continue people with the Planned Parenthood isn't evil line. I find some amusement in people sticking their heads in the sand. It is a real ego booster to see so many people coming up with rationalization to protect their secret bigotries.
edit on 27-3-2011 by korathin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rustami
wow there is alot of fast movement going on with the "legal" harming young women bloodshed promotion industry
PP had just lost the most $INC. support in there history at the end of 2010

Wave of anti-abortion bills advance in the states

Dozens of bills are advancing through statehouses nationwide that would put an array of new obstacles - legal, financial and psychological - in the paths of women seeking abortions.

hosted.ap.org...

edit on 24-3-2011 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

If Republicans were serious about curbing abortion, all they have to do is make abortion doctors have unlimited liability for physical or emotional damage caused to the woman who had an abortion. Plus add in a no statue of limitations clause= market forces would render abortion obsolete within a few years except in a real life threatening emergency(Odd thing is the Doctors in the ER don't try to suck the babies brain out before an emergency abortion there, they induce labor and if the baby survives, great. If not sad...).
edit on 27-3-2011 by korathin because: a there and their type error....

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by libertytoall

Typical "bleeding heart" nonsense. Cry me a river.
By the way, in case you didn't know, oppression is something that people of ALL races have to deal with, not just "minorities" (who supposedly make up about 90% of the world, thus making them the vast majority).
It's just a fact of life.

Why do you think most of the prisons are filled with black and hispanic people?

Is this a trick question?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
there is'nt a race that can boast (though plenty think they are "the one"), all have slaughtered each other, hell China leads coincidentally? (forced abortions) women suicide above all, female American teens up there as well), look at Russia where the Bolsheviks introduced this in 1920, 60% are done by whites..a common theme is definately against the "poor"

John 16
They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.

Ephesians 6
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Isaiah65
Which say, Stand by thyself, come not near to me; for I am holier than thou. These are a smoke in my nose, a fire that burneth all the day.

"Person" is defined in our dictionary in 14 different ways. Yellowstone Park is a person. So is General Motors. So are you. But the Supreme Court of the U.S. in 1857 ruled that black people were not persons, and in 1973 that unborn people were not persons. You answer this question by first inquiring what the questioner means by "a person."

Did Dr. Liley, the "Father of Fetology," think the tiny being was human?

Dr. Liley, who did the first fetal blood transfusion in the womb, said that seven days after fertilization: ". . . the young individual, in command of his environment and destiny with a tenacious purpose, implants in the spongy lining and with a display of physiological power, suppresses his mother’s menstrual period. This is his home for the next 270 days and to make it habitable, the embryo develops a placenta and a protective capsule of fluid for himself. He also solves, single-handed, the homograft problem, that dazzling feat by which foetus and mother, although immunological foreigners who could not exchange skin grafts nor safely receive blood from each other, never the less tolerate each other in parabiosis for nine months.

"We know that he moves with a delightful easy grace in his buoyant world, that foetal comfort deter-mines foetal position. He is responsive to pain and touch and cold and sound and light. He drinks his amniotic fluid, more if it is artificially sweetened, less it if is given an unpleasant taste. He gets hiccups and sucks his thumb. He wakes and sleeps. He gets bored with repetitive signals but can be taught to be alerted by a first signal for a second different one. And, finally, he determines his birthday, for unquestionably, the onset of labour is a unilateral decision of the foetus.

"This, then, is the foetus we know and, indeed, we each once were. This is the foetus we look after in modern obstetrics, the same baby we are caring for be-fore and after birth, who before birth can be ill and need diagnosis and treatment just like any other patient." A. Liley, "A Case Against Abortion," Liberal Studies, Whitcombe & Tombs, Ltd., 1971 www.abortionfacts.com...

"Father of Modern Genetics"

Dr. Lejeune explained that within three to seven days after fertilization we can determine if the new human being is a boy or a girl. "At no time," Dr. Lejeune said, "is the human being a blob of protoplasm. As far as your nature is concerned, I see no difference between the early person that you were at conception and the late person which you are now. You were, and are, a human being."

Etymology
From Latin testiculum, testicle, literally little witness, from testis, witness + diminuitive suffix -ulum
open-dictionary.com...

It is estimated that in about 85% of men the lower hanging testicle is the left one. testicle.askdefine.com...

my two witneses?

Zechariah 4
For who hath despised the day of small things? for they shall rejoice, and shall see the plummet in the hand of Zerubbabel with those seven; they are the eyes of the LORD, which run to and fro through the whole earth.

Psalm 22
I was cast upon thee from the womb: thou art my God from my mother's belly

Galatians 3
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Luke 24
And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day

Matthew 12
He shall not strive, nor cry; neither shall any man hear his voice in the streets.

after my "High School sweatheart" Rebecca (who now has two sons) had got an abortion is when I heard the voice as if sitting on my left

1 Corinthians 15
It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

Acts 7
Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet,

Revelation 19
And the four and twenty elders and the four beasts fell down and worshipped God that sat on the throne

?

Ezekiel 37
Then he said unto me, Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel: behold, they say, Our bones are dried, and our hope is lost: we are cut off for our parts.

It is certainly no secret that this sort of self-policing never works in environments where large amounts of money are involved. In this case, the result is that the corpses of children killed by elective abortion are now marketed like old car parts salvaged from the local junkyard. Rhetoric like "site fees," "donations," and "retrieval reimbursement costs" are simply code words designed to conceal that fact. www.lifedynamics.com

1 Corinthians 15
And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

edit on 28-3-2011 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Typical "bleeding heart" nonsense. Cry me a river.

Ugh, typical, make a comment about how the person is a "liberal" instead of discussing the actual evidence.

Originally posted by AngryOneBy the way, in case you didn't know, oppression is something that people of ALL races have to deal with, not just "minorities" (who supposedly make up about 90% of the world, thus making them the vast majority).
It's just a fact of life.

There is just so many things wrong with this statement I don't know where to begin. You seriously think that a person like Hakeem is going to have "just as easy a time" getting a job as some white guy named Paul. I probably shouldn't even bother asking this question, since I've learned over the years that people who tend to say stuff like "white people have to deal with racism just like black people! waaah!" also tend to find nothing particularly wrong with systematic racism in society, in fact they tend to be oblivious to it, especially the day to day problems that blacks/hispanics/native people/other minorities have to deal with on a regular basis. Just because some white people don't deal with racism, or are oblivious or unawares, does not mean it is not real. And just because someone calls a white guy a "cracker" does not mean that there is "racism against whites".

First of all, I can list 5 things just off the top of my head that white people don't have to deal with:
1. Racism in hiring process:
en.wikipedia.org...

Studies have shown that people with black-sounding names tend to receive different results when applying for jobs than people with traditionally white sounding names. Such differential treatment may have a direct correlation to the substantially higher level of unemployment among blacks than whites. Several studies have been conducted to see how people perceive names and to test the theory of name-based discrimination. According to ABC News, a resume "that was supposed to separate you from everyone else is now at the same time hindering you.”[3] Researchers have sent out identical resumes with name being the only differing factor. More often than not, the resume with the traditionally white sounding name would receive more callbacks than the resume with the black or minority sounding name.

2. Wage Gap :
www.infoplease.com...
When wages were compared for blacks and other minorities, despite having the same qualifications, time on the job, experience, etc., after adjusting for these factors, black men only earned 73 cents for every dollar a white man made, for the same exact work/job done.

3. Media bias: Lack of black representation in media leads to problematic representation and the portrayal of black stereotypes, probably also stemming from the fact that most media are white owned, with blacks making up only 2.8% of media ownership
www.regalmag.com...
researchnews.osu.edu...
en.wikipedia.org...

4. Criminal justice / Incarceration disparity, only 12% of drug users are black, however blacks make up nearly 50% of all drug possession arrests in the U.S.:
www.peace.ca...

5. Lack of minority representation in government and high power jobs
www.questia.com...
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Another thing I noticed regarding these "white people deal with just as much racism" types is that they don't actually have any idea as to what the term "racism" and "oppression" actually mean.

To understand the connection among the oppressions, we must examine their common elements. The first is a defined norm, a standard of rightness and often righteousness wherein all others are judged in relation to it. This norm must be backed up with institutional power, economic power, and both institutional and individual violence. It is the combination of these three elements that makes complete power and control possible. In the United States, that norm is male, white, heterosexual, Christian, temporarily able-bodied, youthful, and has access to wealth and resources. It is important to remember that an established norm does not necessarily represent a majority in terms of numbers; it represents those who have ability to exert power and control over others.
Source

Of course you have already shown that you do not understand what the term "minority", in racial context refers to, as you seem to think it is simply referring to the total number of people. In fact this has nothing to do with the term. Words have many meanings, and when the term "minority" is used, it is talking about societal norms, and in the case of most of the 1st world countries, and where you and I live, this norm is white, male, christian, heterosexual, able bodied. (hopefully you at least know what the term "societal norms" means). Of course, I'm not even sure whether trying to explain things like race theory, poverty, power dynamics, and certain socio-economic issues will even mean anything to you...I have found for many people who express the types of view that I have seen in your posts, that trying to understand what it's like to be in the shoes of others is antithetical to their entire nature...it's an attitude espoused by many people who express ideas like "the poor and sick are that way for a reason, because they are morally inferior or have made poor choices, thus deserve what they get"...versus those who understand that society is about more than the individual and things like power structures, institutions, and the economic and political systems within societies are often bigger than a person's own free will and desire to "pick oneself up by the bootstraps". Of course, those who have worked with disadvantaged populations, understand this, that a child born into poverty that had substandard prenatal care, nutrition, and education and is living in an environment surrounded by crime and pollution is in every way, functionally, socially, economically, physically, mentally going to be at an inherent disadvantage when compared to the same 8 year old living in upper middle class suburb getting the best healthcare, education, and nurturing environment. Most people would think it is a cruel thing to tell that 8 year old born into poverty that her lot in life is the result of her "poor choices" and "lack of moral aptitude", but it doesn't stop others from judging minority populations and pretending that these societal and economic problems don't exist as if the girl in poverty and the upper middle class girl are coming from "the exact same opportunities, with the exact same 'advantages' in life".

It is also important to remember that this group has to have institutional power. For instance, I often hear people say that they know people of color in this country who are racist. This is confusing racism with bigotry or prejudice or hatred. People of color simply do not have institutional power to back up their hatred or bigotry or prejudice and therefore cannot be deemed racist. In the same way, women do not have the power to institutionalize their prejudices against men, so there is no such thing as “reverse sexism.” How do we know this? We simply have to take a look at the representation of women and people of color in our institutions. Take, for example, the U.S. Congress. What percentage of its members are people of color or women? Or look at the criminal justice system which carries out the laws the white males who predominate in Congress create: how many in that system are people of color? And then when we look at the percentage of each race that is incarcerated, that is affected by these laws, we see that a disproportionate number are people of color. We see the same lack of representation in financial institutions, in the leadership of churches and synagogues, in the military.

In our schools, the primary literature and history taught are about the exploits of white men, shown through the white man’s eyes. Black history, for instance, is still relegated to one month, whereas “American history” is taught all year round. Another major institution, the media, remains controlled and dominated by white men and their images of themselves.
Source

Again, I hardly expect you to understand much of this...but I would only add, that before you go making wild assumptions like "planned parenthood is responsible for the breakdown of the black family"...try educating yourself a bit about the concepts of racism, (overt and covert), race theory, sociology of culture, culture of privilege, intersectionality of oppression, and so forth...because all the various distortions I see presented in this thread are not backed up by any sort of reality, scientific numbers or an actual academic study of the problem. You may have noticed that when I wrote about the "wage gap" and "arrest rates" (above), I provided actual evidence that was based in research & science, not conjecture that I pulled out of my bum, or a link to an article from a highly biased/political source with another person making conjectures that they pulled out of their bum. However most of the stuff I've seen on this thread has been exactly that, conjecture, with no substance, you could also call it "white people's fantasy about black people", it's pure politics mixed with people's preconceived notions of black culture and poverty along with their own opinions about morality...in other words, it's a bunch of BS. For example, the "idea" that abortion causes cancer (no connection has ever been found), or that there's a syndrome of "post abortion male trauma" that can include suicidal ideation (there is no such syndrome recognized by doctors, the ama, or the DSM-iv), the idea that Margaret Sanger was an "anti-semite" and "advocate of eugenics" (well known distortions, and provably false, but doesn't stop people from repeating them), that most people on welfare are minorities (again false, they are mostly white), that "welfare" encourages indiscriminate "baby-popping-out" (firstly, where I live, there is no such thing as "welfare", it's called "workfare", i.e. there's no "free" benefits, people on "welfare" work for benefits, usually 20 hours a week picking up trash and other crap jobs + another 15hours in job training all for roughly 63 dollars a week plus $173/month in food stamps, "welfare" is a horribly misunderstood program and so many lies are propagated about it, it's just ridiculous...most people think that you can just go to a government office and get a "handout" "cash" or "checks" simply for being poor or having kids...doesn't work that way...welfare does not "encourage" one to "not work" or "have more babies", as someone already explained poverty itself is what leads to higher amounts of pregnancies; aka demographic-economic birth paradox)...I'm going to stop there, but I think I made my point.

I don't really have much interest in engaging in this thread, since I've had this conversation with people many times, and I've heard all these arguments before, most of which are based on well known distortions, lies and disinformation tactics...But just for kicks, I'd like to further challenge someone who agrees with the OP to post some non-biased, non-political, non-religious, scientific research that isn't some fringe wacko tin-foil hatter conspiracy theory about abortion and black genocide in order to back up some of the assertions that have been espoused on this thread. 'Cause so far, all I'm seeing is a bunch of fear mongering and wacked out conspiracies (although this is a "conspiracy" site, I still believe there should be a certain degree of academic honesty and standards, you don't get to say "the moon is made of cheese" just because and get away with it).

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
just one weapon in the remaining and still loaded arsenal of the federal government in their prior and possibly still covert war against the black person.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Why do we even still refer to someone as a "black" man or African American? Do you see people talking about Polish Americans or German Americans when a discussion arises about them?? Why are the terms "black man" or "African American" even said at all? Why can't it just be "a man" like how when referencing a white man we simply just say "some man", etc..?

Because racism is still rampant and as long as we separate people into categories and point fingers nothing will be accomplished. People should appreciate and love diversity from all walks of life. That's truly what makes the world so beautiful.

This pretty much sums up how I feel on a daily basis.

edit on 6-4-2011 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

People say "black man" because it's more descriptive than saying "man"? People also say "woman" and "man" in lieu of human, not necessarily because they're sexist. It sounds as hilarious as the mascot from Community if you're recommending we refrain from referring to ethnicity or sex.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by meeneecat

I'll admit that I didn't bother to read that entire post; regardless, I'll just tell you this:You're wrong.
You see, racism is something that Whites indeed do have to deal with these days; anti-White racism is absolutely widespread. Why, just WHY can you not see that?

But the big difference is that anti-White racism is apparently the only form of racism that's actually fully tolerated.

Have you ever heard of affirmative action?
Regarding the media, do you know how INCREDIBLY anti-White the media is? Just turn on the TV and observe; if that's to much work for you, know that I would be all to happy to go ahead and give you some great examples.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
wow, just read about this online and had no idea the threat of " government shutdown" was somehow linked to PP (at least according this article)

Is ensuring taxpayer funding for the largest provider of abortions in America really worth shutting down the federal government? Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid sure thinks so.

Reid took to the Senate floor yesterday to explain why Democrats have not been able to reach a compromise with Republicans over the budget. He said that “the main issue that [is] holding this matter [up is] the choice of women, reproductive rights.” Likewise, Senator Patty Murray (D-WA) said that her party would not “allow” a budget “to keep the government funded” that doesn’t include funding for Planned Parenthood. In other words, if Democrats can’t fund Planned Parenthood with taxpayer dollars, they won’t fund the entire government! It is more evident than ever that the abortion lobby owns most of the Democrat Party.
Read more: dailycaller.com...

edit on 8-4-2011 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Makes me furious and sick to my stomach. So we all have to be held hostage for these people with heads the size of Jupiter? They would have been profitable last year without any tax funding so DON'T GIVE THEM ANY..

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Wow it's a shame they found these STD's among ANY race that probably would have gone completely unfounded or treated. OMFG the horror.
/ sarcasm
edit on 12-4-2011 by ldyserenity because: for clarity

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Your tunnel vision astounds me. Yes PP is famous for abortions(which I do not condone) but you think you can base an opinion on a company for this reason alone stating

They are a Pro Abortion Organization .. PERIOD

with out the realization of all the people they help from VD to condoms. You act as if it is company policy to push for abortion when they are passing on a CHOICE OPTION. Do your research on the entire subject, not just those that fit your belief before you open your mouth. This is how we ended up with such corrupt politicians and government.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join