It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beetles taking over Moreton Bay

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Beetles taking over Moreton Bay

redcliffe-and-bayside-herald.whereilive.com.au

BEETLES have taken over the southeast, including every nook and cranny on the Peninsula.

Queensland Museum senior curator of insects Dr Chris Burwell said nobody knew for sure where the influx of native three-punctured diving beetles had come from.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.goldcoastmail.com.au]Link
www.goldcoast.com.au]Link
edit on 3/24/2011 by semperfortis because: fixed formatting

edit on 3/24/2011 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
We have had such crazy weather patterns lately, Im guess because we pretty much missed our summer as its been pretty cool compared to the normal heatwaves we get around here.... Im guessing these guys were waiting for summer and it never came but its starting warming up now so they are going crazy.

Just thought I'd let everyone know about Australia's contribution to the mass die off's....

(edit to add) The news articles dont describe how many of these things are showing up everywhere
edit on 24-3-2011 by dniMnepO because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
HELP! We need somebody! Help! It's been a hard day's night, there. Round up all beetles, and take them to strawberry fields. . .forever!

Now you see why I don't get paid for my posts!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Im clueless to what the above post means???
Lol im guessing, some ramblings from a crazy person that likes emoticons.

edit on 24-3-2011 by dniMnepO because: Need to learn to hit preview button...

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Crikey, that does not sound real good, these beetles in large amounts could be so very destructive to other insects, Oh well, luckily there are alot of other insects...I take it that the poster not understanding the comments about a hard days night and so on is quite young...strawberry fields forever. The world around us is going into overload it would seem, and it is going to play into the hands of the elitests quite nicely...problem, solution.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by dniMnepO
Im clueless to what the above post means???
Lol im guessing, some ramblings from a crazy person that likes emoticons.

edit on 24-3-2011 by dniMnepO because: Need to learn to hit preview button...

He's using the Beatles Songs.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
That would be my worst nightmare - they are the most horrible things ever placed on this planet and should be illegal

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by dniMnepO

Since the floods my house and surounding houses have seen a huge influx of rats, giant cockroaches and fruit flys. The cat has taken care of the rats

Oh and lizard and snakes - i guess it has to do with getting flooded out more than anything

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Wow that is some event, in England we have plagues of flying ants in the summer but I think beetles would be worse.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Divine Strake
HELP! We need somebody! Help! It's been a hard day's night, there. Round up all beetles, and take them to strawberry fields. . .forever!

It's no joke here. My house is swarming with them! They came in through the bathroom window...

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
we have had a cricket plague here in Adelaide. Noisy buggers are everywhere, on a few occasions i have hit the shops at opening time i have been amazed at the thousand of them shop keepers are sweeping out there stores.
edit on 24-3-2011 by oddnutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
So that's what those little guys are!!

I live in Manly just near the wynnum foreshore(edge of moreton bay) and Ive been finding these swimming around in my pool, all over the outdoor area and even though the house. When I saw how well the ones in my pool could swim, having no trouble diving to the bottom real quick I became rather curious as to what they were, especially because I had also seen the same bugs flying around the porch at night.

Having never really seen them before I knew something must be up.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by dniMnepO

And the beetles ( beatles) lol!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Divine Strake

Beetle mania!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Divine Strake

My first thought, too. I guess we're getting old.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
this is a serious and huge problem. pretty soon they're going to be bigger than Jesus.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by almighty bob

Sorry. . .I wasn't meaning to make fun of the situation. Making jokes is a strong defense mechanism I have when it just seems that there's no recourse. I don't know anything about these particular beetles, but I do know that my compulsive side would totally freak out begin a system shutdown.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by thorazineshuffle

Yeah! You know it!!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Divine Strake

Heh, no worries. I'm not actually badly affected, plus I love beetles, I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to throw in another Beatle related pun!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by thorazineshuffle

Beetle mania!

Haha, Yeah im 23. That one went straight past me, The Beatles will always rock Im a little embaressed by that. Good Call

reply to post by oddnutz

Yeah the crickets are thicker than usual on the Sunnie Coast atm, although the fishies in my aquarium are pretty stoked. My gf's dad drove too South Aus via Central Australia from Qld a in early january just before the floods, He drove a pretty much immaculate 2008 landcruiser with a camper trailer and had to have it respayed from driving through swarms of locust which ruined the paintjob. He said he ended up having a heap of regular flyscreen across the front grill and had to clean it out every few hours to stop the car from overheating
edit on 24-3-2011 by dniMnepO because: (no reason given)

<<   2 >>

join