It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HAARP! What it really does

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by fill0000

I don't mean to breakup this on-going bar fight, but in the early days of HAARP wasn't it said by official sources that it was a communications device that somehow used the earth itself to communicate with our subs?

If my memory serves me correct there, and that no longer is the spiel that they give, why would they change their explanation for it?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I know nothing on this, but I have just looked at the haarp lay out and them towers are suppose to be the cause of all this? I dont understand how something so small can cause do whats been said.
edit on 24-3-2011 by ototheb85 because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-3-2011 by ototheb85 because: failed spelling

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
This is what HAARP is for.

The High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program (HAARP) is an ionospheric research program jointly funded by the US Air Force, the US Navy, the University of Alaska and the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA).[1] Its purpose is to analyze the ionosphere and investigate the potential for developing ionospheric enhancement technology for radio communications and surveillance purposes.[2] The HAARP program operates a major Arctic facility, known as the HAARP Research Station, on an Air Force owned site near Gakona, Alaska. The most prominent instrument at the HAARP Station is the Ionospheric Research Instrument (IRI), a high power radio frequency transmitter facility operating in the high frequency (HF) band. The IRI is used to temporarily excite a limited area of the ionosphere. Other instruments, such as a VHF and a UHF radar, a fluxgate magnetometer, a digisonde and an induction magnetometer, are used to study the physical processes that occur in the excited region.

Source

HAARP can't create earthquakes. If it could, we'd have earthquakes with almost every solar flare. HAARP sounds big and scary if you listen to people like David Icke, but if you even bother to read the actual info on it, you'll see it's nothing compared to what the conspiracies are saying.

Over the horizon communication, deep sea sub communication, communication surveillance, these are some of the practical applications of HAARP. Why wouldn't the military buy this up in a heartbeat?

You can consider it, loosely, a weapon. But not really an offensive one as we consider weapons, more a tool of control.

Even if HAARP could magically create earthquakes, it's only got a range of around 150km (I believe) and couldn't possibly impact Japan or any of the other disasters attributed to it.

Aurora have appeared as long as the earth has had a magnetosphere and a sun.

Pre-quake light shows have been recorded way WAY back.

I'm still not sure if we needed a new thread about it, but you guys can open as many as you want, I'm going to continue to attempt to be one of the voices of reason, posting up FACTS instead of pseudo science and conjecture.

So HAARP weapon believers (OP specifically if you haven't already abandoned the thread), please explain to us in scientific terms (with facts) how HAARP is an offensive weapon, or remotely capable of the things you are claiming. There is no reason to get snippy, just post why you believe this and deal with it.

edit on 24-3-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Oh my.....

Another Haarp thread.

To the OP, did you bother to read the threads on ATs concerning haarp, and its "powers"?

If you did, you will find there is no powers. Haarp is not an earthquake causing machine. This is pure speculation and delusional day dreams, feulled by the minds of conspiracy loving people everywhere. But there comes a point, where IGNORANCE MUST BE DENIED.

VVV

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by MathiasAndrew
I disagree with your first, second, third and fourth statement.

1 ) Why is he evil? Why is he a clone? He doesn't look like Jedi Miller to me.

He seems to have anger issues. Jedi Miller otoh was polite in all of his whacky threads and even joined in on the banter at times.

And the Evil twin always has that maniacal disguise...

2 ) Why do you ask "what do you have to gain". What do you have to gain by coming in here and insulting him?
I appreciate him posting this info. It's the first time i read it. I guess I missed it because I guess it got buried in the other HAARP threads by a bunch of insults and arguments.

To simply post a thread containing no point and then get snappy with people who have counter opinions based on facts they themselves have gone to the bother of finding, against those who simply read a thread on ATS and go "You know it's a weapon right?" without any facts to substantiate their claims, is a little bit disingenuous to say the least.

What was the point of the thread? No opinions were stated - the information served no purpose other than to start yet another thread on HAARP, which has the same information as the others. A cursory search on google would have returned the same information.

The insults and arguments are not par for the course for the topic of HAARP. But repeatedly posting the same opinions based on misunderstanding of the technology, by people who, without facts to support them, state as fact that HAARP is a secret weapon, will bring about people who've just had a gut full of the same tired old twaddle being offered by the same usual suspects, who spread that disinformation further to those who have no idea about such things but who take it as fact and then go on to spread it even further.

HAARP does not cause earthquakes.

3 ) Where is the format located for what a person should or shouldn't put in their own post besides following the T&C? The title of this thread is HAARP what it really does and he posted the official description. Why is it wrong to start a discussion in the way he chose ? I think this is a good way to start a discussion.

Where did I say he couldn't post? I asked him what his point was. He didn't state it. What did he want to achieve? It seems he got what he wanted - arguments and insults.

He didn't start a discussion. He copy and pasted information and that was all. No opinion, no idea put forward, no question...

4 ) I don't see any failure here. S&F OP

If he wanted arguments, moderator warnings, insults and so on as per usual with HAARP threads spreading disinfo, then I agree.

You star and flagged a thread for offering no meaningful discussion to ATS.

Congrats!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by kid_cudi

Read up on project blue beam.

By Serge Monast
educate-yourself.org...
Originally Published 1994

[Note: Serge Monast [1945 - December 5, 1996] and another journalist, both of whom were researching Project Blue Beam, died of "heart attacks" within weeks of each other although neither had a history of heart disease. Serge was in Canada. The other Canadian journalist was visiting Ireland. Prior to his death, the Canadian government abducted Serge's daughter in an attempt to dissuade him from pursuing his research into Project Blue Beam. His daughter was never returned. Pseudo-heart attacks are one of the alleged methods of death induced by Project Blue Beam.]

[*SNIP*]

Mod Edit: Added external source tags and trimmed quote.

When citing external material, please limit content to one paragraph.
edit on 3/24/2011 by AshleyD because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/24/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

What has that long, paranoid piece of fiction to do with HAARP?
Also, for the sake of a second line, some external content tags should be used.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Theory requires data.

Data is collected after one forms a hypothesis, which is all you really have right?

So go and collect the data and build the theory.

Otherwise ALL YOU HAVE IS A HYPOTHESIS, A QUESTION.

Does HAARP cause earthquakes?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by subject x

nothing, that is what it has to do with HAARP, and this thread, nothing. Beyond being a retardedly long quote without quote or external text tags, it's completely irrelevant to the thread and HAARP in general.

Is anyone going to offer reasons as to why they believe HAARP is a weapon or can I stop monitoring this HAARP thread and go back to the various others?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
nothing, that is what it has to do with HAARP, and this thread, nothing. Beyond being a retardedly long quote without quote or external text tags, it's completely irrelevant to the thread and HAARP in general.

That's what I thought. Just making sure I wasn't missing something.

Is anyone going to offer reasons as to why they believe HAARP is a weapon or can I stop monitoring this HAARP thread and go back to the various others?

I suppose you could break off a chunk of antenna and smack someone with it...

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
51 minute documentary on HAARP from Paranormal TV

U.S. and Russia have been building and using weather control stations for many years. The U.S. has 5 of these stations around the world now.

History channel Documentary Part 1 of 5

Japan and China threatened with HAARP made earthquakes

Captain Kirk warns about the NWO

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
If HAARP can destroy incoming missiles then I would consider that a pretty powerful weapon. Sorry if I posted too many videos at once. I have watched them all. Watch any of them you want. I think they are all good. Lots of different theories on the way that HAARP can be used Some of the videos contain comments from the inventors and other people involved. Bernard Eastlund and John Heckesher

Are we making Holes in Heaven? HAARP (High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program) is a controversial high frequency radio transmitter, or "ioniospheric heater," which is believed to be descended from the works of Nikola Tesla and is operated by the U.S. Navy/Air Force and Phillip Laboratories in remote Gakona, Alaska. Using HAARP, the military can focus a billion-watt pulsed radio beam into our upper atmosphere, ostensibly for ionospheric research. This procedure will form extremely low frequency waves and send them back to the Earth, enhancing communications with submarines and allowing us to "see" into the Earth, detecting anything from oil reserves to underground missile silos. However, several researchers claim HAARP poses many dangers, including blowing thirty-mile holes in the Earth's upper atmosphere. They also warn of possible disruption of the subtle magnetic energies of our Earth and ourselves.

Among the many scientists interviewed are Dr. Bernard Eastlund, whose original patents are the reputed blueprints for HAARP, Project Director Dr. John Heckscher, and Dr. Nick Begich and Jeane Manning authors of Angels Don't Play This HAARP.

HAARP Owning the weather Full documentary..... 59:57 minutes
www.youtube.com...

Part 1 has comments from Bernard Eastlund and John Heckscher
They used to call HAARP the DEATH RAY and SKY ZAPPER...... 7:12 minutes

Part 2 has interviews with HAARP workers......7:14 minutres

HAARP simulations and descriptions..... 10:26 minutes

Owning the weather Part 1 from Discovery Science ....9:57 minutes

HAARP simulation using Google earth.....10:04 minutes

Bluebeam, Jesus crucifix in the sky. I know this has been called a hoax before...1:19 minutes

HAARP/Project Blue Beam comments by Chris and Janet Morris non lethal weapons experts ....1:49 minutes
An excerpt of a late 1990s video about Holographic Imagery Technology, UFOs and Psychological Warfare

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
sigh.. ok, you guys caught them, turn it off guys.
No more free cable.

There, are you happy? Good god, cant even watch a little tv around here without the world thinking you have a giant laser beam pointed at the moon.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Great thread! Thank you. Here is a collection of HAARP links I have been following:

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com.../u/4/_pYQQUM742A
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
______beforeitsnews/story/20/951/Are_We_in_a_HAARP_Earthquake_War.html
www.weathermodification.com...
www.tribulation-now.com...
www.tribulation-now.com...
www.raven1.net...
kriskemp.com...
clareswinney.wordpress.com...
www.personalgrowthcourses.net...
www.google.com...:en-us:IE-SearchBox&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&rlz=1I7SNNT_enUS394US394
www.google.com...:en-us:IE-SearchBox&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&rlz=1I7SNNT_enUS394US394
www.google.com...:en-us:IE-C ontextMenu&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&rlz=1I7SNNT_enUS394US394
www.google.com...:en-us:IE-SearchBox&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&rlz=1I7SNNT_enUS394US394< br /> www.morningliberty.com...
lightworkers.org...
www.vlf.it...
www.youtube.com...
www.google.com...:en-us:IE-ContextMenu&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&rlz=1 I7SNNT_enUS394US394#q=Study+of+fields+and+remote+sensing+systems.&hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-ContextMenu&rlz=1I7SNNT_enUS394US394&prmd=ivnsb&ei= OQWKTa20MIa8sAPm7L2TDA&start=10&sa=N&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=1&cad=b
www.iki.rssi.ru...
books.google.com... 7qyI8JMtnoYJwY&hl=en&ei=OQWKTa20MIa8sAPm7L2TDA&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=6&ved=0CDsQ6AEwBQ#v=onepage&q=Study%20of%20fields%20and%20remote%2 0sensing%20systems.&f=false
www.radiometrics.com...
eqseis.geosc.psu.edu...
www.salem-news.com...
peswiki.com...:Earth's_Magnetic_Pole_Shift

You decide. Do the research, these are just some of the links I have followed to analyze and correlate my own perceptions. The planet and solar system is a holistic organism. If we have the technology to influence the weather, we have the technology the influence the earth.

What is the ultimate purpose??? I don't presume to know. What I do know, when HAARP related to natural events occur at the planetary level, millions will be too disoriented and frightened to believe that HAARP could have anything to do with either the weather or seismic events.

What keeps coming to my minds eye is how prepared our Government was with the Patriot Act after 9/11.

The Unknown
As we know,
There are known knowns.
There are things we know we know.
We also know
There are known unknowns.
That is to say
We know there are some things
We do not know.
But there are also unknown unknowns,
The ones we don't know
We don't know.
—Feb. 12, 2002, Department of Defense news briefing

“The Poetry of Donald Rumsfield”
www.slate.com...

A massive ONE LOVE to the people of Japan and Myanmar
MAP 6.1 2011/03/24 08:21:02
39.120 142.155 36.8 NEAR THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN
MAP 6.8 2011/03/24 13:55:12
20.705 99.949 10.0 MYANMAR

your Planetary Sister
edit on 24-3-2011 by 1PlanetarySister because: edit note: all links seem to be working

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by 1PlanetarySister

Who needs peer reviewed papers!

Youtube has the answers!

Can you at least fix the links?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
It always amazes me that people think they have a right to know what is going on with research projects. Where does the constitution or bill of rights say the government will be transparent. HAARP may be a research project in star wars, weather control, earth quakes, over the horizon radar or something else but it is still a research project.. If research projects are transparent then others will capitalize on the technology without investing the research dollars. The whole point of research is to get an advantage over the competitors I would like to know about UFOs but I am not holding my breath waiting on disclosure when the technology may give the US an advantage in the next world war if it happens.. Sure, it is my tax dollars being spent or it may be royalties from out of town technology that was licensed.leaked to industry.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Who needs peer reviewed papers! Youtube has the answers!

Indeed, those answers being the same misconceptions and out right falsehoods, that every board like this is familiar with.

HAARP is a radio antenna array.

Radio waves, potentially, could be used as a weapon.

This in no way implies, or proves, HAARP is a weapon. The power output just isn't there. And HAARP is located in Alaska, Russia might have built a similar system, who knows, but the only acknowledged (and proven) HAARP location is alaska.

Anyone care to show some documentation on these other HAARP systems that the US apparently has all over the globe? And no, the hoax map floating around doesn't count.
edit on 24-3-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Thanks man! Hey I would also like to say thanks to all of you who have posted articles and such. Also
Thanks for peer reviewed papers as well. I'm going to take some time to read these and then I'll come back with my reply and what I think about HAARP after researching further! Although I have a feeling I'm gunna change my mind because the more I research the more it seems HAARP really is what it says it is?
Is there a way I can contact people there to ask them a few questions also?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Russia actually does have a HAARP machine and it is in fact way more powerful than the one in Alaska. Other countries also have HAARP and they are all more powerful than the one in Alaska.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

So that means everything TPTB tell us is safe, is?? like ....depleted uranium, aspartame, fluoride in our water, GMO foods, irradiating our food, chemotherapy, full body scanners at airport, chemtrails, Gulf oil spill, 2000+ nuclear detonations since 1945....Yup, I would never think HAARP is anything other than what I'm told.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join