It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HAARP! What it really does

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

HAARP is a scientific endeavor aimed at studying the properties and behavior of the ionosphere, with particular emphasis on being able to understand and use it to enhance communications and surveillance systems for both civilian and defense purposes. The HAARP program is committed to developing a world class ionospheric research facility consisting of: The Ionospheric Research Instrument (IRI), a high power transmitter facility operating in the High Frequency (HF) range. The IRI will be used to temporarily excite a limited area of the ionosphere for scientific study. A sophisticated suite of scientific (or diagnostic) instruments that will be used to observe the physical processes that occur in the excited region. Observation of the processes resulting from the use of the IRI in a controlled manner will allow scientists to better understand processes that occur continuously under the natural stimulation of the sun. Scientific instruments installed at the HAARP Observatory will be useful for a variety of continuing research efforts which do not involve the use of the IRI but are strictly passive. Among these studies include ionospheric characterization using satellite beacons, telescopic observation of the fine structure in the aurora, and documentation of long-term variations in the ozone layer.

This came straight from the HAARP website.

www.haarp.alaska.edu...

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
okay that is the official study but you know it's more than that right or do you expect them to tell everyone "hey look at our new weapon". good find thanks for the info

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Sure, this doesn't really explain WHY they would want to do this. I seriously don't know if its lack of foresight or blind stupidity on the scientists behind this project. But by using a high energy beam to "test" the ionosphere while we know that when the SUN does the same thing it can create some pretty dangerous results (sometimes). Plus, what makes them think they have the right to screw with something the entire world shares (the sky) without explaining their intentions fully and publicly. As well as disclosing their "results".

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by basilray
okay that is the official study but you know it's more than that right or do you expect them to tell everyone "hey look at our new weapon". good find thanks for the info

Lol dude I know it is way more than just research! Lol its a massive weapon.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by kid_cudi

You're right.
There have not been enough threads about HAARP.
Source

edit on 3/24/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

link   

link   

Does the word "projection" mean anything to you?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by kid_cudi

Lol but it's not capable of being used as a weapon lol.

It doesnt cause earthquakes either lol.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Attacking people that criticize you, shows a lack of self respect...

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Does the word "projection" mean anything to you?

Do you think I care what you have to say when you treat me with disrespect and never say anything nice?

link   
HAARP is very interesting indeed and shrouded in mystery! Sorry, my period key is busted so I have to use all exclamation points! Some very smart people have said that HAARP is a weapon so I believe them! The HAARP website is purely disinfo! They use it to hide the moon, and cause bright flashes in the sky, and make compasses go crazy! ... Oh cool my period key is working again. Thanks for the info.

+3 more 
link   

I like your avatar.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf

Lol but it's not capable of being used as a weapon lol.

It doesnt cause earthquakes either lol.

Show me the proof that it doesn't cause earthquakes! Every theory is up for grabs until it is proven what it really does. Show me your proof that it does not cause earthquakes

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Man, you are like the evil clone of Jedi Miller.

What exactly did you expect to gain from making a thread quoting nothing but information that has been posted a hundred times on here, and saying "This is from their website"

You didn't put forward an argument for or against anything, until people come along to say "You know it's more than that right?" -- perhaps you didn't want to be the one to say it first....

fail thread...

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Show me the proof that it doesn't cause earthquakes! Every theory is up for grabs until it is proven what it really does. Show me your proof that it does not cause earthquakes

The onus is on you, sir, to prove it does.

And while you're at it prove to me that your threads do not cause storms on jupiter!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Show us proof that it does cause earthquakes, last I check earthquakes have been happening naturally since well forever.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheSparrowSings
Sure, this doesn't really explain WHY they would want to do this.

There's this...

...aimed at studying the properties and behavior of the ionosphere, with particular emphasis on being able to understand and use it to enhance communications and surveillance systems for both civilian and defense purposes.

Just sayin'

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join