It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What its like living in Israel

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
This is too give you guys a first person idea of what its like living under constant barrage from rockets coming from Gaza..

If this were happening in America, i wouldnt doubt for a second that Americans would be demanding a swift and effective response. Anything to hault these barbaric attacks. But for some reason when its Israel, these victims are transformed into oppressors. Imagine the anger and outrage! How do you deal with it? You want to live in peace, but these monsters to the south, these "palestinians" living in Gaza, enable these terrorists to do what they do with impunity.

Today, a woman was killed and 50 others were injured in a Jerusalem Terrorist attack. 22 of the 50 have life altering injuries. Some will never look the same again, or walk. 2 pregnant women were injured in the attack, causing miscarriages.

This was written a yesterday.

-------------------------------

For the first time since the Gaza War two years ago, Ashdod - my beloved city - came under missile attack again. Just minutes ago, the Red Alert siren wailed, and about 35 seconds later, the warhead fell about three kilometers to the south of my home, near the Nitzanim Beach on the south side of town, one of my favorite places for personal prayer. Just last night, my son Danny and I were taking one of our favorite father-and-son walk&talks on that very same stretch of beach. While we were walking, we heard a Grad missile explode on the outskirts of Ashkelon to the south of us. Another Grad missile hit Ashkelon about three hours ago. Thank G-d no one was hurt in either attack.

Civil Defense has warned the residents of Southern Israel to stay close to home, in the proximity of a bomb shelter.

As yet, it's too early to interpret what Hamas's intentions are. We do know one thing - phenomenal amounts of weapons have been pouring into Gaza ever since the unrest in Egypt started.

Complacency is irresponsibility; we have to regard the missiles from Gaza as wake-up calls from Hashem. Accordingly, we must undergo serious self evaluation and correct what needs correcting. With Hashem's help and with emuna, we'll weather all these challenges until Moshiach comes, very soon, amen.

---------

I think it is VERY sick to just expect Israel not to do something about this. The PLO, the Palestinian Authority, headed by Abu Mazen (aka mahmoud Abbas) refuses to denounce Hamas. If this is the case, how can the west continue labeling the PLO and Fatah moderate? They refuse to step in and stop the violence. Their own constitution doesnt recognize the right of Israel to exist, so why would they denounce Hamas? Hamas is playing the bad guy, and they the good guy. They wont sell out their other half.

I really dont care what any of you think. If i were the Israeli PM, i would do what anyone in America would expect Obama to do if rockets were coming in from Tijuana. Go into Tijuana, and hunt down every single terrorist. If it happens again. Punish the Tijuanans! Let them know that if they wont punish the terrorists theyre providing safe haven for, THEY will be punished. This is the ONLY friggen sensible political recourse. The current peace process is political code for a slow, painful war of attrition.

I wouldnt expect the cretans here to understand what this means
edit on 24-3-2011 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally

I wouldnt expect the cretans here to understand what this means

Perhaps this last comment of yours, is a indication of how people are unable to understand each other and find a way to peace, you are one of the cogs in the wheel also.....
I was in a war zone myself, and have lost family and dear friends, and yet, I feel no anger towards my 'enemy' rather I see through what each side is raised to believe as 'right'. All conflicts are result of power struggle, and power usually is identified with commercial gain. Someone can exist anywhere surely, It's their right to exist where they can be prosperous that makes impacts and causes conflicts.

Religion, that's just a cover. A identity card that says, "Im right, your wrong, I belong, you don't"

I love Israel, I have been many times, but its inbred hatred on all sides, saddens me.

Kill the 'terrorists'?
Or understand the drivers that have brainwashed you all since you were born and told you which identity you should assume so that you may take from another that is different to you.

Shalom.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
The israeli gumment is what is killing the people of Israel till recently.
But soon the world will have had enough of your gumment and will do a UN style "Humanitarian Mission".
Then the peoples of Israel will be free of the true tyranny.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Thank you for sharing your unique perspective. I think if Israel stopped building up illegal settlements, and stopped abuses against Palestinians it would take away some of the justified anger the Palestinians have that lead to more terrorist attacks. Of course it isn't every Israeli responsible for doing this, and any violence against innocent civilians is always abhorrent.

Israel would have more world support if they stopped these things though. Of course there are still going to be some Palestinians that will attack Israel no matter what they do, due to the fact that they want you off the land period. It's a lose-lose situation for both sides, but If Israel stopped oppressing Palestinian people you would have the moral high ground, and people would be more sympathetic and less critical.

Unfortunately I don't think the Israeli people could have any more control over their government than citizens of the United States or the United Kingdom have. Short of a revolution, but that will not happen as the masses are victims of propaganda.

Don't misunderstand my post though, I have much empathy for Israelis that are subjected to these attacks. It's a horrible shame that people suffer for problems caused by governments. The U.S. government is no better than Israel's.

edit on 3/24/2011 by Drezden because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
You want me to pretend to know what that’s like? I don’t want to be a cretan. Of course you’re angry, who wouldn’t be? The fight for survival is the most justification that any could ever be assigned to the act of war. But isn’t it obvious, the objective is to sabotage any possibility of peace? It’s a rock and a hard place.

I’m not judging who is right and who is wrong and hopefully you won’t ask me to either. Since as you state, I know little of the situation. I can only hope regardless of our short comings when it’s time to act, you folks do so with justice and not vengeance. I’m not the USA, just one of it’s citizens and hope that a solution can be found, that is considered acceptable by all involved. No matter which course your country takes, good luck to you

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

I know why you call yourself the wicked witch of oz.

Anyways, im not playing your games, although im sure its always a game, regardless of what I say.

Im not one of those psychotics who relativizes everything as ' my terrorist is his hero" and vice-versa. One party is mainly to blame here - Hamas, and the PLO. PLO refusal to condemn Hamas specifically is tacit approval of Hamas' actions. Theyv 'criticize' events, but NEVER the culprit, from whence the events are hashedup. This is a sick and demented political game.

And for someone to "understand" why someone hurt him, and forgive him for it is the most insane liberal nonsense ever. I dont care if its the popular view in the establishment. I will forever reject this idiotic mentality.

I love Israel, I have been many times, but its inbred hatred on all sides, saddens me.

Really? Have you been to Bar Ilan University? or Hebrew University? Theyre pretty much anti-Israel. The liberals there have the same mentality you have. "Look at it from the palestinians side, and forgive them. We shouldnt be here."

Everytime Israel concedes to peace the violence only gets worse. If were going to submit to Einsteins definition of insanity, i dont think Israel should make anymore concessions; especially not with the palestinians.

Kill the 'terrorists'? Or understand the drivers that have brainwashed you all since you were born and told you which identity you should assume so that you may take from another that is different to you.

Im not brainwashed. I unlike you am actually quite educated. I go to school for political philosophy. Ive read a great deal about the history of the middleeast and Israel in particular. Ive studied Islam. I continue to study Judaism.

I know what both parties believe. The secular establishment in Israel works in cahoots with the PLO. No sane government would conduct themselves the way they have.

The Muslims, are just as the westerners; albeit a different breed of corruption. The only sane people are the Religious Jews of Israel and those who understand their basic right to establish a Jewish state there. In their Homeland, where 95% of the cities bear Hebrew names. Even the arabic named cities (some being slight mutations of the Hebrew)!

I dont call just anyone terrorists. I understand that its a basic method of government. The truest terrorists are those calling for "peace". A method the Romans perfected 2000 years before the Israel/Palestine issue began.

Terrorists, in the applicable sense, are the assholes shooting missiles into Israeli towns and cities. If these people arent terrorists, and wanting to terrify Israelis, what are they? Israels response is a practical measure to insure their peoples safety. To think that they can in any way, be called terrorists for their presence in Gaza, is absurd.

Its as insane as muslim women, who are victims of rape, going to jauil or getting murdered for 'dishonoring their families name". The victim becomes the villain. An absolutely EVIL thing.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I pray for Israel. I wish she'd get tired of her oppression and fight back. God will deliver His people. I'd like to think America will support it's ally, but things are bleak with Obama running the show.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

I dont even think you get the real meaning of what you just said.

I fear the day when the UN conducts a "humanitarian" mission in Israel. I imagine it'll be like the "humanitarian" mission in kosovo.

Every Peace means its opposite. Humanitarian, means NATO troops, mass killings etc.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

How can Israel be '"oppressing" the palestinians, if currently the IDF is not in Gaza and they effectively "rule themselves" or moreso, allow Hamas to rule over them.

The only thing oppressing palestinians today, is their own government: Hamas.

Don't misunderstand my post though, I have much empathy for Israelis that are subjected to these attacks. It's a horrible shame that people suffer for problems caused by governments. The U.S. government is no better than Israel's.

I would actually argue the opposite. Israels government is much much worse, and more corrupt (and given how corrupt the US is, thats saying something) than americas.

Its political system is an issue all initself. Atleast america has a constitution. Israels supreme court IS its ultimate arbiter of justice - which is apparently anything ultra-liberal and self defeating.

I appreciate the empathy and i thank you for your kind words towards the end. That snippet i posted is from a Rabbi friend of mine who lives in Ashdod. It is very difficult reading that, knowing that one day that missile may hit him, or one of his children, or a friend or family member.

Its an intolerable thing to put it up with. Israel is completely justified in responding. Taking an ambivalent approach is only going to work in favor of those perpetuating these offenses. If Israel vacilates, it makes them look WEAK in the eyes of their enemies. Do you think these types are interested in peace? How Is Israel supposed to seek peace, when the culprit of these attacks, Hamas, is the de-facto government in Gaza? How can Natanyahu talk with Abu Mazen, is Abu Mazen and the PLO refuses to denounce Hamas? Do you see how convoluted this situation is?

I want peace. But i dont want peace with a sworn enemy. Such peace is conditional, and only 'temporary", until they see it politically fit to renew the violence.

An enemy by definition is someone who doesnt see eye to eye with you. Usually friends make peace. In some cases, even enemies can make peace. Can Islam, a Dar Al Islam, make peace with Israel? A Jewish state in what they view as Islamic land? Do you have any idea how unbelievably revolting that idea is to the muslim world?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Thank you for sharing your experience! Because posters do not know the true history of Israel or believe in the Bible, they write mostly to please themselves in their ignorance.
The B.I.B.L.E. = B.est I.nstructions B.efore L.eaving E.arth

Because most Jews believe only in The Old Testament, they are severely spiritually handicapped. When one believes in the Father and Son (Yahweh and Yahshua), he becomes a part of Their Family. A Jew who believes in Them is often called "A Completed Jew". Those sealed in Their Names will survive these last days, Revelation 14:1. If I were living in Israel, this would be of most importance!

The Jewish people and Israel will have to go it alone until the Messiah comes. The 30 year Bush Sr. White House in NOT for Israel no matter how many sites state this! Please search "Bush Nazi Family Connections" to learn the facts. Yahshua is returning SOON and no NWO can stop Him! I pray that you will be blessed with the peace and salvation of the Father and Son forever! HalleluYah! Shalom in Them!

edit on 24-3-2011 by 4Yahshua because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-3-2011 by 4Yahshua because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

Yep, i understood exactly what i said.
"Humanitarian Aid" for Israel.
Cheers.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by 4Yahshua

Thanks for the support.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

So youre evil.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Just what is evil about wishing for some body or group to stand in between 2 peoples that would love to wipe each other out?
BTW, 1 side has a better capability of doing said atrocity.
Am i evil to wish for that?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

You said the UN should intervene.

I explained what the intervention meant

Then you replied "i know exactly what i said"

Meaning, you meant exactly that which i explained. NATOs intervention in Kosovo being the example.

Thats why i called you evil.

If you didnt mean it in this way, i apologize.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
www.haaretz.com...

My opinion is that Israel are instigating and/or are behind the recent rockets into Israel or the bus bombing. Are you telling me that the same Zionist movement that funded Hitler, and killed countless jews wouldnt hesitate to hurt some israelis in order to justify the slaughter and reduction of any rebuilding of infrastructure of Gaza? The same people who orchestrated 9/11? The same Zionist movement that RELIES on Anti Semitism, instilling fear amongst jews everywhere, (mostly fake ashkenazi jews admittidely) driving them into the open arms of safety that is Israel? You have no right to the land, true jews KNOW they were banished from the holy land and are not to return until a divine sign appeared. By that logic was the balfour declaration sent down from God?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   

In the states here, some of the states we put down homicidal maniacs like the rabid animals they are..
I see the death toll from palestine vs the death toll from Israel.
The UN should intervene, but we know that will not happen, don't we?
1 person throws a rock and the bigger country bombs a neighborhood into the stone age.
With this kind of activity going on, why hasn't anything at all been done?
Just why did you post this thread so soon after isreal decimated more palestinians?
Curiosity am i evil for being disturbed by ethnic cleansing?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
i think it's stupid. the israelis should just move somewhere else. it's not god's land it's freaking earth...
or stop being 'israeli' or 'palestinian'...just be HUMAN.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

The Zionists jews are driven by religeous motivation..as we speak they are digging under the Al Aqsa mosque..for what? The temple of Soloman. The leaders of Israel serve Satan, and ill give you all some advice right now that will serve you well; The antichrist will rule from the throne of David, Jerusalem, he will rule the whole world, and when the day comes those who have eyes but do not see, will be blind to the truth, and those who have ears, but do not hear, we will be deaf to the call of truth!

All the people out their who dismiss religeon and prophecy need to snap out of it, as its coming soon
And before any 50 year old member comes and says ive been hearing this for years, well let me tell you something, what you've been hearing for years is true, and is right around the damn corner. Any true jews who live by the teachings of the torah either are against israels exsistance or are on the next flight out of there, or they should be anyway.

All the pro zionists in here, your arguments do not wash with those who can see the world for what it is, so as far as im concerned, dont even bother coming at me with whatever feeble and pathetic arguments you may have.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Justice4Gaza

I appreciate your point of view.

Unfortunately, you are wasting your time with this forum. From my experience ATS posters are 90% brainwashed into condemning Israel's actions by the very same Main Stream Media they conspire about in other topics.

It's a great forum in general, however on the Arab-Israeli Conflict, if you defend Israel you are called a shill or an agent of Mossad, so strong is the 'group think'.

Unless they have lived in a country that is positioned in the middle of it's enemies, they will not understand why Israel has to answer provocation with a heavy hand.

'Measured response' is a nice tag line for banding about in the UN, however if Israel were not to hit hard it would lose it's only deterence and inevitably would encourage even more attacks.

Urban warfare is very challenging and can result in alot more bloodshed. (to the uninformed out there; think Somalia 'Blackhawk Down') So, using airstrikes is actually the most logical way to target Hamas.

If Israel's goal was to wipe the Palestinians out, they could so very easily do it within a very short time frame, so that counters the claim of them 'commiting genocide'.

Why is it that when Israel conduct an airstrike, all their missiles seem to home in on children/women?

Look up 'Pallywood' on youtube, this is a common tactic used by Arab regimes when facing a supperior military force, you are seeing it in Lybia right now. They 'juice' up the civilian casualties to appeal for International condemnation, and they get it when it is concerning Israel.

Western media are happy to play ball with this too as 'misery sells' and it is all about the ratings at the end of the day. They also assist in forwarding the next point.

The United States wants to show publicly that it is increasingly distancing itself from Israel and Israel pay the price for this as since this agenda has been in play, the world opinion has grown strong towards it.

The truth however? The United States will come to Israels assistance if it was come under serious attack.

No side is innocent, but I do wish people on a 'conspiracy' site would swallow less of the arab/media spin on this whole unfortunate situation.

Regards.
edit on 24-3-2011 by Skellon because: Correction

top topics

<<   2 >>

join