It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fed reports massive profits

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

rt.com

As Americans continued to suffer a declining economy, high unemployment, and rising prices, the US Federal Reserve raked in a record $81.7 billion profit in 2010 – a 53 percent increase for 2009.
The Fed’s intervention into the US financial crisis has paid off well for the bank. It is reaping profits for bailing out failing banks and buying US government debt, and then charging interest on top of it.
Annual financial statements for the system showed the bank increased its overall asset holdings by $193 billion in 2010, reaching a total of $2.428 trillion to date.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
There isn't very much to say. Almost all here are aware of the conspiracy's surrounding the federal treasury and those who profit from it. As the Global Financial Crisis has devistated many Americans, the Fed, has managed to profit from the misery. The Fed already charges interest on the currency you use. It seems as if they will never stop trying to profit off of the populace.

rt.com

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I can't breath !
edit on 24-3-2011 by TerryMcGuire because: Enlarge didn't work

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeachM1litant

rt.com

As Americans continued to suffer a declining economy, high unemployment, and rising prices, the US Federal Reserve raked in a record $81.7 billion profit in 2010 – a 53 percent increase for 2009.
The Fed’s intervention into the US financial crisis has paid off well for the bank. It is reaping profits for bailing out failing banks and buying US government debt, and then charging interest on top of it.
Annual financial statements for the system showed the bank increased its overall asset holdings by $193 billion in 2010, reaching a total of $2.428 trillion to date.

So the enemy is revealed. Now what do we do about it?

It is the enemy of everything our nation was founded upon.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
When will pussified Americans wake up....

trea·son

–noun

the offense of acting to overthrow one's government or to harm or kill its sovereign.

a violation of allegiance to one's sovereign or to one's state.

the betrayal of a trust or confidence; breach of faith; treachery.

Number 3 sounds about right....

WAKE UP PEOPLE AND TURN OFF AMERICAN IDOL !!!!!!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Must be counting their Libyan oil before it hatches
so to speak .

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
OK. I can breath again.

Well that about sums it up. Over to you Brent.
Thank you Terry
I'll bring you Tonights "Sports Round-UP" after these messages.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Yeah, the dirty rats. They're gonna like, reduce the National debt and stuff.

The banks transfer almost all of their profits to the Treasury Department. The $79 billion received by the government this year is a 66 percent increase over last year’s payment of $47.5 billion.

www.nytimes.com...

edit on 3/24/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Stop paying your fed taxes it is very simple...

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

The banks transfer almost all of their profits to the Treasury Department. The $79 billion received by the government this year is a 66 percent increase over last year’s payment of $47.5 billion.

www.nytimes.com...

Exactly... This money is transferred into The Treasury...

Evidently the ability to read and understand is on the decline.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
"Fed reports massive profits" hot off the printiing press! I have this urge to chew on leather. I hope they can understand what the word "INFLATION" means and get a grip. Wake up FEDS!!!!!!!!! WOW

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

Yeah. Can you believe it? They actually charge the banks (you know, the evil banks) they loaned money to interest! They actually invest money in the stock market.
Bastids.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeachM1litant federal treasury

Just to clarify, in the US, there is the Treasury and the Federal Reserve- two separate entities.

Phage- oh man that was hilarious. Some people, I tell ya.
I dislike our central bank but the only problem I see here is I hope FedRes employees don't think this warrants Wall St style bonuses and the operating costs jump up a couple billion.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   

www.nytimes.com...

Hello Phage, I was wondering if you could clairfy something for me.

"The Fed’s intervention into the US financial crisis has paid off well for the bank. It is reaping profits for bailing out failing banks and buying US government debt, and then charging interest on top of it".

Didn't they get this money from the U.S. taxpayers? If so why are they keeping the
profits and we get left holding the debt?

www.treasurydirect.gov...

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr. D

No. The money did not come from US taxpayers. Well, not individuals anyway. The Fed does not collect taxes.

You should have read the article I linked. The gross profits came from securities, the Bear Stearns and Insurance company buyouts, and treasury bonds. I suppose you could say the interest earned on the bonds (at about 2.5%) came from taxpayers but you can't expect a business to operate without a profit.

The fed is required by law to turn over all but 6% of their earnings to the Treasury. They are putting $79 billion dollars against the National debt. That's $53 billion more than the interest they earned from the government. Yes, it's a drop in the bucket but it's better than nothing.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr. D

No offense, but again, read the article.

The extraordinary results reflect the unique business model of a central bank. The Fed pays for its investments by creating new money, with the result that the return on those investments, after expenses, is pure profit.

This is kind of like good bad news. The Fed is still an epicenter of evil but they're turning a profit on the bailout funny money. It's like the government is Ned Flanders and the Fed is Homer Simpson. In the long run, you're not getting your most stuff back but in this case, you got your power tool back, which is nice.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   

reply to post by Mr. D

No. The money did not come from US taxpayers. Well, not individuals anyway. The Fed does not collect taxes.

You should have read the article I linked. The gross profits came from securities, the Bear Stearns and Insurance company buyouts, and treasury bonds. I suppose you could say the interest earned on the bonds (at about 2.5%) came from taxpayers but you can't expect a business to operate without a profit.

The fed is required by law to turn over all but 6% of their earnings to the Treasury. The are putting $79 billion dollars against the National debt. That's $53 billion more than the interest they earned from the government. Yes, it's a drop in the bucket but it's better than nothing.

Actually, The people have been bailing out banks, businesses and many other endeavors......

cnsnews.com...

www.cnbc.com...

www2.wsav.com...

I'm not saying that they are not paying back the people, what I am saying is that
like any business, shouldn't the people make a profit from lending businesses
and banks our money? I mean if a business or a bank is allowed to earn a profit why
shouldn't the taxpayers also get higher returns from who they (The Fed) are getting
their bailout money from in the form of taxes?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr. D

The money the Fed has invested didn't come from the taxpayers. I didn't pay anything. Maybe if you're making a lot of money your taxes went up. Mine didn't. The money came from...um...air. Poof! Money! The Fed can do that.

Most of the return on that air, the profit, goes back against the debt which was incurred. Yes, it's weird. But it seems to be working.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   

reply to post by Mr. D

The bailout money didn't come from the taxpayers. I didn't pay anything. Maybe if you're making a lot of money your taxes went up. Mine didn't. The money came from...um...air. Poof! Money! The Fed can do that.

Most of the return on that air, the profit, goes back against the debt which was incurred. Yes, it's weird. But it seems to be working.

Umm, Phage...this article would disagree with your statement. However I am also incorrect as the
taxpayers will also "ultimately" make 20 Billion in profit, Just wondering how that money will
be dispersed to the taxpayer.

www.thestreet.com...

WASHINGTON (TheStreet) -- The U.S. Treasury on Wednesday announced six repurchases of warrants or repayments of bailout money provided by the government through the Troubled Asset Relief Program, or TARP.
More on FITB Hiring Heats Up: Companies Hiring in 2011Bank of America: Financial LosersAIG Provides Additional Information On How Potential Japan Earthquake-Related Losses At Fuji Fire And Marine Could Affect AIG’s Financial ResultsMarket Activity Fifth Third Bancorp| FITB DOWNRegions Financial Corporation| RF DOWNSunTrust Banks Incorporated| STI DOWN Taxpayers have now recovered "more than 99% (about $244 billion) of the approximately $245 billion in total funds disbursed for TARP investments in banks," the Treasury said. The agency estimated that "bank programs within TARP will ultimately provide a lifetime profit of nearly $20 billion to taxpayers."

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   

reply to post by wonderworld

Yeah. Can you believe it? They actually charge the banks (you know, the evil banks) they loaned money to interest! They actually invest money in the stock market.
Bastids.

I agree. Another thing is the stock market was never intended to control the economy but sure does. I expect another huge crash by the next fiscal quarter. Too much volatility last week. It isnt over yet. God forbid another big earthquake in CA or WA, what do you think about that happening?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join