It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

air control tower at Reagan National Airport in Washington D.C. went silent

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

air control tower at Reagan National Airport in Washington D.C. went silent

hisz.rsoe.hu

The investigation into the incident is underway, but there is still no version, what caused the silence from the tower. Shortly after the incident, U.S. Secretary of Transportation Ray LaHood ordered inspection of all airports in the country. He also ordered to have two, instead of a one, traffic controllers on duty at the control tower of the Reagan National Airport between midnight and 6 a.m.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
My first post in the Alternative Breaking News section, I searched ATS for any other articles on this and couldn't find any. If this is a double Im sorry.

This is from the RSOE website and I thought something like this would be on the news.

**When you click the link it will take you to the first page, then on the top column click event discription.

hisz.rsoe.hu
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by hapablab

yes, i saw a partial ticker of this on fox several hrs ago.

but haven't heard anything since.

it amazes me there is just 1 in the tower at anytime!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

That amazes me too, what amazes me more is why the investigation on all the airports, what happened that they need to invesitigate every one.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
FAA is the Government.
Makes perfect sense to me.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Please review the plot of "Die Hard 2" for a brief outline of what may be to come...

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
i wonder if bruce is up to doing it again!

as to all the airports, maybe it is up to individual ports how many they have on duty?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
They are saying he is alone until 6am, I've done 3rd shift jobs by myself. He fell asleep most likely. I don't care how important your job is, when you're really tired, sometimes you can't help but nod off.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

ding ding ding.. that is what I want to know...

good lQQking out... hope we can get more info..

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

I would guess that if an Airtraffic Controller falls asleep on the job, and is within all of the established guidelines, that a review would be done to see if other issues have been reported. If other similiar incidents occured (ATC falling asleep / drowsy / lack of concentration) and there are no explanations for it (out at the bar, no sleep at home etc) then maybe the hours are to long, or there is not enough ATC on the job to spread the load.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Can you enlighten on the plot? or direct me to the plot?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
...and a supposed fuel fire at the Miami International Airport, according to the thread I just finished reading! So, one of the planes came from Miami? Let's all just go ahead and make that agreement this is just a random coincidence... there's quite enough mayhem in the world without connecting THAT dot.

Can ahhh hear a A-men?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by tracehd1

ding ding ding.. that is what I want to know...

good lQQking out... hope we can get more info..

Thanks! :-)

I just seen this on the RSOE site, I was looking for the fire going on in Miami and came across this, I wonder why its saying its a vehicle incident though, why would they put a tower going silent as a vehicle incident, I would love more info on this too.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by new_here
...and a supposed fuel fire at the Miami International Airport, according to the thread I just finished reading! So, one of the planes came from Miami? Let's all just go ahead and make that agreement this is just a random coincidence... there's quite enough mayhem in the world without connecting THAT dot.

Can ahhh hear a A-men?

Since ya brought up that fire I'll share this link to youtube, so this is what its looking like

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by new_here

I don't understand what you mean? What *I*, *we* don't understand... why are ALL airports going to be investigated so2speak?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by hapablab
reply to post by fooks

That amazes me too, what amazes me more is why the investigation on all the airports, what happened that they need to invesitigate every one.

Hello fooks, Great find, S & F

Here's an answer to one of your questions: The incident, which the National Transportation Safety Board also is reviewing, is the second time in as many years that the tower at National has gone silent, said a source familiar with tower operations who spoke on the condition of anonymity because he is not authorized to speak for the FAA. The previous time, the lone controller on duty left his swipe-card pass key behind when he stepped outside the tower’s secure door and was unable to get back in, the source said. ( I'll bet that person went out for a Smoke,,, I use to Smoke.)
Sourse: www.washingtonpost.com...

And here: The TRACON controller had a similar conversation with a second American plane.

“So you’re aware,” the controller said, “the tower is apparently not manned. We’ve made a few phone calls. Two airplanes went in the past 10-15 minutes, so you can expect to go into an uncontrolled airport.”

“Is there a reason it’s not manned?” the American pilot asked.

“Well, I’m going to take a guess,” the controller replied, “and say that the controller got locked out. I’ve heard of it happening before.”

“That’s the first time I’ve heard of it,” the pilot said.

“Fortunately, it’s not very often,” the controller said. “It happened about a year ago. I’m not sure that’s what happened now, but there’s nobody in the tower.”

You can locate this also at: www.bloomberg.com...
and at: www.drudgereport.com...
edit on 24-3-2011 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

tracehd1, it might be because of: Air traffic controllers who direct more than 1.5 million flights annually in the Washington region made a record number of mistakes last year. Dozens of the errors triggered cockpit collision warning systems.

Nationwide, errors by air traffic controllers increased by 51 percent last year. The record number of errors — locally and nationally — reflects a majority of instances in which planes came too close and some in which a potentially fatal outcome was narrowly averted.

In January, an American Airlines plane carrying 259 people almost collided with a pair of 200-ton military cargo jets after departing New York’s John F. Kennedy International Airport. Official records show that a distracted controller did not respond to a warning from a colleague that the planes were on a converging course.

Source: www.washingtonpost.com...

And at: www.drudgereport.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by guohua

wow.. makes sense! Thanks so much...

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Is the time GMT? 24/03/2011 - 04:34:50?

Just wondering because it's not 4:34 in D.C. on 24/03 yet.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join