It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Full Meltdown Underway at Fukushima Reactor No.2 ? !!! Neutron Beam Observed !!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

I was wondering about what an actual explosion would look like.

When we saw the building 3 (?) blow up in the earth quake, what was that?

Would a meltdown actually have a mushroom cloud like a traditional nuclear explosion?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

EXACTLY.

Took the words out of my mouth.

I think there's a lot of people willing something terrible to happen just so they can say "HA! SEE CONSPIRACY THEORIES ARE RIGHT AND THE GOVERNMENT IS TRYING TO KILL US ALL!!!" and feel validated

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by bmorebirdflu
why is the government and media clearly lieng to us. everyone right letters to cnn cnbc fnc senate house mayor president and tell them we didnt vote for a bunch of liars. someone come clean before the government and media lose all crediblity.

Because they have always been a bunch of lying bastards??
This is after all a government that in the past injected kids and pregnant mothers with posions, radioactive substances just to see how fast it would kill them or how it would cause deformities.

They lied about 9/11, they lied about the toxicity of gulf oil crisis/corexit and so on.
I dont get why it is a surprise anymore that government dosent really care about us regular civilians.

But sadly i guess majority will again forget quickly like usual...
edit on 24-3-2011 by juleol because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Activist1984
Fearmongering or not, this is a very important story that shouldn't be left up to YouTubers to vet. It is amazing that the debate has already shifted to a new war and Elizabeth Taylor for crying out loud. If the media is burying this story then its a good thing we have YouTubers willing to try to inform people, so that people can make choices. The Deepwater Horizon story was buried just like this one, and now people are getting really sick all around the Gulf of Mexico.

I can't tell if this is some kind of joke or if you're actually serious.

Yes, youtube does a fantastic job of "informing" people with all the dead-on information it provides, complete with 1980's musical arrangements.

Also, care to share a source detailing "all the people" getting "really sick" in the Gulf?

Don't try to hide behind the guise of "caring" and trying to "spread the truth," because the reality is taking this mentality spreads the exact opposite.

Deny ignorance, don't embrace it.

Edit:

It also sickens me how severely misinformed the majority of people are on the internet. You think you know what you're talking about when you mention "nuclear meltdowns" and "potential hazards" yet have absolutely NO IDEA what that actually entails, what the criteria is for that happening, true implications, etc.

All you have is a bunch of fear mongering *see my first post* who know meltdown = OMG PANIC and nothing else, let alone trying to actually grasp the real situation as it unfolds. Read up on nuclear reactors, containment methods, what an actual meltdown is, what it means for people in different geographic areas, etc. Yeah Oregon is definitely in trouble. Just like Chernobyl (which the Fukushima disaster isn't even close to) blew out New York with nuclear fallout. Look at all those radiation babies running around New York. Scary stuff.

I hate to be blunt (and risk coming off as rude, wait...I don't really care), but stupidity breeds fear. Perfect example of a good portion of the topics on this site.

There are genuine conspiracies, and then there's stupidity. It's also often ironic how thin the line between the two are.
edit on 24-3-2011 by SaosinEngaged because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ADUB77

dude, if all the nuclear reactors in the U.S. fail they're going to be in their bunkers for basically the rest of their lives not just 4 years

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADUB77
Once the Solar cycle flare hits Earth

The grids will go down, and the U.S (having the most reactors on earth), many being older reactors, may have problems keeping these things from overheating

If any generators fail to operate or run out of gas then it could be more like 100 nuclear reactors worlwide pop off

Then all the rich people go chill in there bunkers for like 4 years

There are flares hitting earth all the time without this happening. The chances of this happening is less than it was during previous solar cycles since this is weakest solar cycle in a century or more.
We have luckily a magnetic field that protects us from most such blasts.
That dosent mean that it could not happen though, but still most flares dont do such damage.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaosinEngaged
I hate to be blunt (and risk coming off as rude, wait...I don't really care), but stupidity breeds fear. Perfect example of a good portion of the topics on this site.

Well then why are you a member?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
A meltdown doesn't create a nuclear explosion and mushroom cloud like a bomb. While there is sure to be some steam and smoke involved, a meltdown is simply that - the fuel becomes so hot that it melts through the container and you get a hot slag of molten fuel rods that usually end up in a concrete basin underneath the reactor.

A meltdown is bad because the material is then outside of the containment vessel and thus exposed and can easily spread to the surrounding environment.

Until the containment vessel has been breached there is no full "meltdown". The neutron beams being reported (last I read 13 distinct detections) are an indication that there are possible small leaks in the containment vessel. This does not mean there is a meltdown, just that if there are leaks, more radiation could be released.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by L.HAMILTON

Good catch. Thanks. ...After the earthquakes right on Fukushima's lat/long these past few days - I just couldn't believe the damage wasn't getting a LOT worse.

S&F

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MagicFlight

Don't question my choices as if they have any bearing on the argument at hand. It's irrelevent.

I believe in conspiracies. I don't believe in stupidity.

I'm actually also offended by the callous ignorance in trying to worsen what is one of the worst disasters an entire nation has ever had to deal with by injecting yourself into it. "OMG fallout's gonna hit the states we're all doomed!"

No. Respect the people that lost their lives, had their families and sense of security shattered and realize how lucky you are to be alive on this volatile planet.
edit on 24-3-2011 by SaosinEngaged because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
This is all We need to know from this Reaction of the Managing Director of the Tokyo power company of the Plant
He knew it was Hopeless even then ..

Battling 3 Reactors and the 4th the Spent rods cooling is just as bad if not worse !

I saw Chinooks Helicopter trying to disperse water over the reactors with salt water !!!!! and many failed attempts
they might of well used Lead with liquid nitrogen

Where's the Dam !!! Super Hero League when you need them! ! that can save Japan, where is the Dam Aliens when you need them ! where is the God or Gods ! you people Worship!

This is a Job for ! ??? +_____________________+

Im going to Pray for Mighty Mouse to save the Day!! I Guess we will only we will see it The Last Card ! (Alien invasion) it will happen LOL

Mighty Mouse - Outer Space Visitor
www.youtube.com...

Next stop World war III , Meteors then the Aliens ! I can see it now ! Darn you Von Braun !

Well i was going to post Superman holding an ice sheet from a lake and dropping it of on something like a chemical plant I cant find a video clip to save the day LOL

Well i did find this ! We can only dream! LOL

Ironically in the English language world the the name of the area Fukushima is just what it is !

Superman Saves the Day Nuclear plant by freezing it with his Breath!

edit on 24-3-2011 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)
edit on 24-3-2011 by Wolfenz because: typoes Opps typos! LOL
extra DIV

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR
What?

This is so confusing... they are obviously flat out lying and messing with people lifes

I thought the power had been restored to all the reactors cooling systems? so how has it gone into meltdown now with its cooling systems working when they have be throwing what amounts to a water pistol on a bonfire for the past 2 weeks at it and that seemed to stop the meltdown

The reactors was damaged by the Salt Water, they poured on there.
Electric equipment does not play well with saltwater..

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Blazer

I agree with most of what you said but you forgot "steam explosion" (which can happen at coolant loss or bottom containment breach) and this " ...usually end up in a concrete basin underneath the reactor..." I can find no factual basis for . With a 'partial' meltdown ( 'criticality events' that are somehow brought back below the critical threshold thus stopping the chain reaction/molten slag production) one might be able to stop the slag as you say.

Chernobyl for example has a (radioactive) shaft leading down into the ground far enough that they do not know where the bottom is and the prevalent theory is that there is enough material present for the heat to melt all the way to the center of the earth, not that that makes much difference to people on the surface.

At the Fukushima plants they have obviously had some success with preventing a large steam explosion , but have obviously(due to neutron production) been unable to permanently stop the run-away nuclear chain reactions.

Unless the nuclear materials are of the proper isotopes, concentrations and are physically constrained (much the way gun powder simply burns in the open (because it can rapidly release gas) but 'explosively' expands when packed in a container) the odds of an actual nuclear reaction explosion are about seventy trillion to one against being possible in the event (like we have ) of uncontrolled chain reaction.

As a side note any really powerful explosion tends to resemble a 'mushroom cloud' but that is due to the speed of sound, air resistance, and the amount of energy released

(you might want to mute this vid , but the explosions are a nice mixed bag of tricks)

edit on 24-3-2011 by Silverlok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Did anyone really believe that simply connecting some power back up to these reactors would magically make the situation go away? It was a PR exercise for the unthinking masses to go watch some more Football happy in the knowledge that they were improving the situation. Look at the state of the buildings exterior, total devastation, nuclear reactors and the cooling systems use Stainless Steel pipes, which has no or limited tensile quality. My best guess is that the majority of the cooling pipes and pumps have been for some time rendered useless in the buildings that were subject to explosive releases. Where exactly is all that sea water they have pumped int the reactors been going? Back in to the sea, the drains and up in the atmosphere as steam, all of it carrying radioactive isotopes with it.

They simply cannot and will not tell the truth, for a number of reasons:

Firstly, a country cannot simply move it's population away from the contaminated areas, Japan is geographically too small, and combined with the fact that it's a economic superpower, the financial ramifications of even contemplating writing off a large section of North Western Japan would doom the global financial markets, hence why the children 80kms away are reportedly still to be attending schools, the government what a sense of normality.

Secondly, the Nuclear industry has a vested interest in generating our power in the future, as we all know, Oil is a finite resource, those in power know this too, hence the last ten years of disruption in the Middle East to secure reserves. Nuclear as far as I see it, is the only way to provide electricity, I don't particularly care for Nuclear power, but it's here to stay, this is why we are hearing so much propaganda stating "safe level" this and "no dangerous level" that plus they are in a unique position to tell us whatever they like as we can't see radiation and the effects are delayed by tens of years enabling plausible denial over the radiation currently leaked from various reactors. What about clean burning Coal you ask? We have thousands of years of Coal? Unfortunately the Western governments have seen fit to all collectively jump on the Global Warming agenda and have hijacked it in to a blatant tax generating machine, making even clean burning Coal plants look nasty and sinister, and because of all this we simply haven't invested in that technology, I know of one clean burning Coal plant in the UK, but they are planning to increase there Nuclear power generation as simply they have no alternative.

I am sick of the constant bull # from mainstream media and government spin, just tell us the truth you cowardly pieces of #.

Rant over

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Redneck from Hell

Is the RT even a credible source? iv seen some crazy names for their videos on youtube that have nothing to do with the video they were presenting.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by dc2009
reply to post by Redneck from Hell

Is the RT even a credible source? iv seen some crazy names for their videos on youtube that have nothing to do with the video they were presenting.

The important thing in that video is the video of the fly-over, showing the latest external condition of the reactors.

With so little reliable information coming out, at least we can see the visuals of the devastation for ourselves.

--------------------

I've just rewatched the video, and there is nothing in it which is not also in other reliable sources.

edit on 24/3/11 by Kailassa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

Are you smoking something? I struggled to understand the narrative of your post, and decided at the point of Mighty Mouse that you were offering yet another example of why my comments on page three are very relevant in this thread. Show some respect, and stop filling up the pages of this (or any) thread with stupid nonsense (it does nothing to edify or educate anyone, and is in fact downright insensitive/ rude).

Sheesh.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkOutlook

Yours was not a rant, but rather was an incisive and excellent post, covering a lot of ground in a few short paragraphs. Kudos and thanks for restoring my faith in the ATS membership. The spin doctors are working overtime, but the situation doesn't look much improved from where I'm sitting.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
What's all this about a Tsunami and some possible meltdown condition in Japan?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I gram of plutonium will kill about 7 million people. finely divided
There is enough putonium and uranium there in that site in japan
to kill everyone on earth 10 times over.

there is even more then that stored at similar sites in the US

have a nice day

edit on 24-3-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join