It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stonehenge Not So Hot Afterall...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   
This page is by a former carpenter who's been building his own "stonehenge" without the aid of modern tools, etc., and more or less by himself:

www.theforgottentechnology.com...

The (professional) archeologists have been pointing out for a while now that stonehenge/the pyramids/etc. -- although certainly more difficult to build than, say, a house -- are well within the reach of coordinated teams using only "primitive" technology, and so on. I still think the fact that people were motivated to build enormous monuments thousands upon thousands of years ago is very cool, and it's also really cool that there's a lot of astronomical sophistication in many of ancient monuments, but here's yet some more evidence that such accomplishments were quite possible for our ancestors.

Also, it'd be interesting to see how much of that "coral castle" place could have been built using this guy's stonemoving techniques. Anyone who's been there care to comment?

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Well, he hasn't exactly built his own pyramid (yet) but I'd say he's provided proof of concept. It would be pretty stellar if some rich psycho (i nominate Ross Perot) would build a pyramid bigger than those at Giza with bigger blocks, just cause he could. That would end the debate, wouldn't it?

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Allthough his work with levers is impressive there are a few things that still remain somehwhat a mystery. In this guys case he had them pour a concrete block 10 feet from where he was going to put it upright. In stonhendges case the rocks used to build it came from over 100 miles away from where they built it. True one could put a huge rock on some logs and roll it but 100 miles worth of rolling would be a little much , plus why would you even bother?

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   
What "experts" are you listening to now? The stones for Stonehenge were quarried from Spitzbergen Is.The pit is still there.There are no chisel marks.It appeares "as if someone tore the rocks out of the ground".
The Great Pyramid stones were cut using something like a maser.These magic wands,sceptres,the Rod of Aaron,ect.

[edit on 9-8-2004 by stgeorge]

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I just read last week that the rocks of Stonehenge were linked to the rock structure of Wales. Which is why the High Preist of the Druid church has made a bid for the stones to be returned to Wales. Where is Spitzbergen listed as the quarry source, I'd like to check it out?

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   
The source? Why the entities that built it themselves.The Undines and Rothshamon, whom I have met,and channel.
From a human perspective,Thor Hyerdal looked at this. There is also the PF rune there,which is Poseidon,one of the Undines.
Again,the AAER site I tell the story there.A symbol.The Druids just worship there,they did not make it!
There is also the "satellite dish" scooped out of the rock in another location close by.Not used AS one,but representing one,as to our time.

[edit on 6-8-2004 by stgeorge]

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   
This likely solves the issue of the coral castle as well....impressive find.

Why the entities that built it themselves.The Undine and Rothshamon, whom I have met,and channel.

Not even gonna go there, hehe....

But I do have to wonder..... Stonehenge existed in many forms throughout its history. First as wooden posts, then small stones, then minor megoliths, and then what we see today. Why not use the magic wands initially and be done with it? Hmm?

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Still find it hard to believe because it did not happen to you? Now tell us how these multi-tonne stones were moved.
Rolled along? There were no roads back then.Stonehenge is probably the oldest structure on Earth.
In fact there was still a sceptre on display in England with the original gem in the "dish". It was seen to glow by a watchman.

[edit on 9-8-2004 by stgeorge]

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Without a doubt ancient civilizations looked to the stars. Perhaps our first ancestors did come from someplace in outer space. The Egyptian civilization laid out pyramids and cities as mirror images of the night sky.

Perhaps building big was a way in the minds of our ancestors to signal to others or relatives in far off space in the belief that these large structures could be seen on Earth???

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Don't forget to mention the precise alignment of the pyramids with N, S, E, W and the equinox alignments of Stonehenge. There is a lot more to it than moving a giant rock somewhere.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
When i went to solstice at Stonehenge i couldn't get over how big the rocks were and how the hell 'primitive' man could quarry and transport these monsters from the Welsh mountains.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by sisonek

his blocks are not to scale either and they are made of concrete/cement which is lighter than the stone used at stonehenge

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Can someone just please explain the Baal Bek Stones to me?

The largest of which is approximately 750 tonnes. But there are many 300 ton stones as well. Here's a gem from wikipedia:

"He has suggested that the trilithon stones and 300 ton blocks were all moved with wooden rollers, demonstrating how this could be done by using steel rollers and levers to move a five to six thousand pound stone on a concrete platform by himself."

They then continue...

"He also participated in other experiments with larger stones, including some that may have been over 10 tons. These experiments required many more people. For 2 ton stones he was able to tow them with as few as 10 people at times and for faster results up to 20 people. Most experiments which have been done by Roger Hopkins and others to move stones 10 tons or more required well over 100 people.[6]"

2 ton stones he was able to tow them with as *few* as 10 people, but as many as 20 for slightly larger stones... uh neither 2 or 10 tons is anywhere near 100 tons, let alone 300 tons. We wont even discuss the 750 ton stones right now.

These blocks were all moved a mile from the quarry. Keep in mind, they claim that with *steel rollers* and upto 100 people per 10 tons, they could accomplish this. But by that math, it would require 75000 workers to move just one 750 ton stone. And that's if they have steel rollers. I just can't believe that any log on it's side could withstand the force of 750 TONS.

How do you even get 75000 people all to hold onto ropes and pull all at once?

And if you can't fit 75000 people onto the ropes to pull this beast, and you can't find steel rollers... how in the hell do you move 3, 750 ton blocks a mile away and set them into place with military precision?

[edit on 30-7-2009 by king9072]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

He's also one retired dude in a backyard. Give him a bunch of helpers and a lot more experience, and there's no reason to believe that his techniques couldn't be adapted and expanded.

MMP

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Wally is also using modern bolts in his shores, but I have to admit I am INCREDIBLY impressed! I wish I had the time and money to do something like this.

Sorry for the massive amount of edits, my post didn't update. I used the word model instead of modern.

[edit on 7/30/2009 by MMP]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by minniescar

Any method that can move a stone like that ten feet can also cover the distance you mentioned.

if we presume that the builders of stonehenge used his method, we can also make two other assumptions.

One, their machines and methods were more efficient. This is one guy doing something more or less on a lark. The builders of stonehenge had LOTS of people available to apply their brains to the problem - therefor they had a better chance of perfecting the method and ironing out the wrinkles

Two, they could do it quicker, for the same reason - more people equals less overall time hte work needs.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Last time I checked, the part collapsed and deteriorating Stonehenge was rebuilt/fixed up to its modern shape in the beginning of the 20th century, so the idea that the ancients could build it but we could not is laughable at best.

[edit on 4-8-2009 by merka]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by merka
Last time I checked, the part collapsed and deteriorating Stonehenge was rebuilt/fixed up to its modern shape in the beginning of the 20th century, so the idea that the ancients could build it but we could not is laughable at best.

I think it's laughable anyway, considering we have mobile cranes than can lift in excess of 3 THOUSAND tonnes, so the idea of not being able to move a 750 ton rock now days, makes me laugh.

Yes, we can build stonehenge/pyramids/etc, just as or more precise than they did back then, but why would we? instead we have 100+ story buildings that are actually useful... There just isn't any reason to build something like that - other than to simply say "look ma, I built a pyramid!"

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by merka

[edit on 4-8-2009 by merka]

wasnt it even loaded onto trucks and relocated...
I do know know that they pulled it apart and now have rods and bolts holding it together...

Edward Leedskalnin and his Coral Castle is another modern day example

I have herd sound waves or frequencies can levitate heavy items such as rocks and is apparently done by some monks.

I have also heard the magnetism idea too, I think even one of tesla's friend/ (?) use a system like Edward Leedskalnin idea...

Maybe the discovery of the battery in Egypt was used to power a magnetic field that reversed the polarity of the stones and allowed them to manipulate the blocks

in short form rather than get to in depth .....

join