It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AnonNews.org being blocked by spam filters?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
bgp.he.net...

Failed 3 out of 51 tests.
b.barracudacentral.orgFAIL
blackholes.five-ten-sg.comFAIL
dyna.spamrats.comFAIL

Makes you wonder whos spaming Anon?
Or is this just a way to block them.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
pretty obscure post. care to elaborate?
thanks a ton.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Not sure about the spam-filter list, perhaps it was at request of certain powers that be... seems like they might be victims of a DOS attack right now as well, I can't bring up their page and am getting ping timeouts to their servers.

anonnews.org
edit on 23-3-2011 by seaez because: at url

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by zooplancton

AnonNews website is blocked.
www.anonnews.org...
I would say there dns server has been shut down because they were reported to have spam. Is this the government doing this is there really spam or are they just shuting the site down because they don't like the messages related to targeting of computers for hacking.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

It looks like more than just blocking at the DNS level, typing in the IP address that it resolves too doesn't bring it up either in a web browser and I have been getting packet loss to their servers, idk how much I don't want to add to the conjestion. Switching to OpenDNS from my current ISP dns resolves them too the same: anonnews.org [209.212.149.111]. Looks like it's an active attack.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

edit on 23-3-2011 by syncelebrity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
AnonNews is indeed down at this moment... last night we had a 7gbps flood, and it seems to be a similar attack at the moment. I'm not sure why the IP (which is the old IP, that has been nullrouted) is on any blacklists, as no mail was ever sent in the first place.

Anyhow, at this moment both the nameservers and the webserver itself are completely unreachable. It should get back up soon... but I'm not sure when.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Its the next day and there still blocked.
bgp.he.net...

b.barracudacentral.orgFAIL
blackholes.five-ten-sg.comFAIL
dyna.spamrats.comFAIL

www.barracudacentral.org...

The ip address 69.65.55.30 is listed as "poor" on the Barracuda Reputation System. To request removal, please click here

www.five-ten-sg.com...

IP address 69.65.55.30 is listed here as servernap.net misc.

misc - Miscellaneous includes (but is NOT limited to) the following groups. Note that this does NOT include misc.spam which is listed under spam above.
1) /24 blocks of addresses containing systems that are apparently sending bulk email (in volumes apparently comparable with the volume from AOL, Earthlink, Google), with any of the following attributes: missing or bogus reverse dns, reverse dns names in domains with no web server, or domains with boilerplate web content.
2) Systems that are strongly suspected of being multistage open relays (where I have not been able to identify the input stage) or open proxies..

www.spamrats.com...

Information about 69.65.55.30
Below is the information we have on record about 69.65.55.30
Standards Compliance
Does IP Address resolve to a reverse hostname... Passed!
Does IP Address comply with reverse hostname naming convention... Failed!
List Status
RATS-Dyna - On the list. To be removed go here
RATS-NoPtr - Not on the list
RATS-Spam - Not on the list

So I wonder if this is government war on AnonNews?

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
www.chronicle.su...

Reporting from the front lines of the World Cyber War
By Kilgoar Trowt, on March 26th, 2011
There really is no historical context that adequately frames the World Cyber War. The warriors are disparate and their numbers are unclear. The tactics are most often symbolic, but sometimes vicious and personal. The target is usually an establishment but occasionally an individual. Governments, corporations, and even fringe religious cults have found themselves under constant symbolic threat representative of massive public distrust and disgust. Anyone who angers the population enough will fall symbolic prey, hated by mankind. This phenomenon is known as Anonymous.

Anonymous has become increasingly fractured because of its anarchic and nihilistic origin. The users who try to define this anarchy are known among Anons as moralfags. They attempt to influence the creation of a political cult around promises of utopia. These moralfags use the oxymoronic ideology of anarchy to control others. Several splinter groups have tried and failed to hijack Anonymous in this way and a few have succeeded in some small measure. Still, true Anarchy seems to have stayed decidedly on top of the moralfags. This is evidenced by the recent DDoS attacks on AnonNews from a massive bot-net comprised of over 4,000 machines. No credit has been taken for the attack because the attackers are not moralfags and the action speaks for itself. AnonNews has long been a source for propaganda of all kinds. By its very nature, propaganda is the weapon of the moralfag. Only Chronicle.SU has turned propaganda into a tool to destroy propaganda.

So they were ddos attacked.

join