It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I opened my third eye and I regret it

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Is this the thread where you chant words that go like the following:

"Thoe" (pronounced "toe") and "May" (pronounced like the month "may") and then "Thoe" again etc...?

If so, that ends up sounding like the fruit "tomato", depending on where you live and how you say it... it can defer, but most people tend to say it like this - "toemaytoe". At least that's how i tend to hear it most of the time.

Anywho... everybody, especially Italians know that tomatoes are often called the "Golden Apple". If i'm not mistaken weren't "Golden Apples" mentioned in Genesis with Adam and Eve and when they ate one of them, Then they suddenly became aware...

Could there be a link???

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
OK, Im here because I need help and I'm scared, take a couple of minutes and read my case first plx:

quick info before reading the case:
--------------
first of all, it should be noted that I am not meditation practicioner, and I havent had any practice in anything occult too

BUT, I was intrested in occult studies for quite a while, and i came across some occult books (e-books) and have read some of them, but only for couple of pages.. just was jumping through them

one of them I found here, and it was mentioned here before, book from Mr Sagan.

also it should be noted that im not into any religious community, though I often see myself as orthodox Christian, I am not baptised, it is just the majority religion in my country

matter of problem:
-------------------------
1) last night I couldnt sleep so I read a book from Dostoevsky for couple of hours and decided its late and that I should sleep, because I have to get up early and study.
then, since I couldnt get myself to sleep for couple of minutes, and my girlfriend came to sleep at my room for couple of days, and she was sleeping in the room - so I couldnt do anything loud or turn on some major lights, I rememered throat friction from Sagan's book and started experimenting it a bit.
in his book he recommended (at least in begginer phase) not to do it at night, and to do it sitting, with spine and head straight - but i done it at night and lying on the bed. I have also done it without any buzzing sounds, since my girlfriend was sleeping, it was only a bit increased sound of breathing (no words whatsoever)
2) from the first inhale i have hit the friction, and i think i have felt it in my adams apple too.. i just knew thats it. so i started focusing on my larynx like said in the book. i did it only for couple of minutes, then stopped and stood still to feel the vibration for like a minute (there was almost none) and then i did it once again, a bit shorter, and also stood later to fell the vibrations.
during the exercise i felt something like light preassure in my cheeks, a bit stronger preassure in my throat and in the space between eyebrows, and also a bit stronger preassure in my lungs.
i was just trying to be aware of everything, and not to use reason much.
3) after that, i was lying on my bed with eyes closed, and i started, right away seeing some pink colours, not so bright and clear, but i would focus on them and follow them with my eyes closed. it wasnt hard for me to do since i kept doing that as a kid like a part of a play..
so at one point, i wasnt thinking with my reason anymore, and i felt in kind of the dream.. it looked like only briefly but it lasted more then several minutes.. nothing special, just from what i can remember i was seeing some patterns and from time to time pink colour mixed with them (this part i remember).. and at one point i felt like my soul was exiting my body, moving to the up and right, i got a bit scared, and opened my eyes strongly. the feeling of "returning to body" was intense, not that it hurt me, but it almost litteraly moved me, it was like a boomerang effect, first going out, and then returning at amazing speed back inside and i felt something i cant describe, like shaking my brain very fast, but with very low amplitudes, like when you drop the rubber ball on the surface, so it makes one longer jump and then many jumps, each shorter then the prevous, and in the end stopping and being completely drawn to the floor by the gravity - that thing, just speeded up.
4) after that i was a bit scared, and i knew there is something weird, because all that throat friction exercise and colours/patterns were somehow familiar to me, and easy to find.. using throat friction doesnt require any effort from me, it feels natural
after that i had several dreams, mostly not connected and not important, they were just nightmares and i was sweating in bed, but first dream that followed, or perhaps more of them werent just dreams; i could think reasonably inside, and it felt like i was spinning inside pink/purple wormhole, when speed increased and i started feeling like on the rollercoster, i would break it by opening eyes. it happened once or twice, im not sure.
other dreams i find irrelevant, only thing i know is that i was scared and couldnt focus to dream about something "happy"
5) i woke up today morning, feeling great, beautiful day, and i wasnt obsessed with dreams until i told my gf. (i skipped the part that i blame myself for having them, and doing exercise of throat friction), but later when i refreshed feelings i felt kinda scared.

since i read this thread (i opened my third eye in i regret it) long ago (all posts) and i seen some advices, like doing prayer when scared, i wonder would that work for me, how to do it, whom to pray to? because im not christian and not religious, although i like to read parts of bible/kuran and other holy books and they interest me

any advice would help a lot

thx in advance, it means a lot,
Battleship

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
i would suggest praying to God for protection. You will be able to draw down astral life forms

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by battleship

Your problem is your are fearing these things that are occuring. You are in complete control of you fear, and you are letting this emotion control an experience that sounds quite amazing. As Rudolf Steiner would say, it looks like you are doing these for exercises for the wrong reasons,(i.e your curiosity of what is out there, and not in order to better yourself)

But I don't know you, so this is just my initial thoughts. I would read Steiner's book "Knowledge of Higher Worlds and its Attainment." That should give you a good understanding of what your mind frame needs to be when searching for answers to the big question.

Also, Sagan said that eating a heavy meat meal and would help to ground you. Next time listen to his advice, no throat friction at night. I learned the hard way myself not to drink alcohol and have the throat friction........I had a pretty nasty experience with the combo. But it was all my fault.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
"reply to: whomever"
Be as a child, and you need not worry of such things; third eyes and the like. All is.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
You really shouldn't be playing with this sort of stuff....there's a reason why people who've had their third eye open for a long time calls it a curse. It will draw intelligent (more intelligent than you) evil 'entities' to you...you aren't watching the t.v....you know? It's not a pretty light show that you can control. It's not a game. You think its funny now...wait until you start seeing and hearing things in broad daylight....and don't come crying if you end up having a heart attack because you've seen something thats just turned up next to you, out of the blue. It also constantly drains your energy, you can end up burnt out, in constant pain or just go insane. So for those who are trying to open their third eye cos they are bored...think wisely, at least you have a choice.
And, no, I don't want to talk about it.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by battleship

What is it, that causes this pink patterns? I oftentimes have a similar (wouldn´t say same) experience, mostly before falling asleep. I can´t really discribe the color, as it is very dark, but still feels very bright (yeah, doesn´t make sense, i know). The one is kind of pink, the other more cyan like.

The patterns change their form, but it always has a tunnel effect. For example I see a shape that grows very fast, then the same shape appears in the middle and also begins to grow and so on. I never pay attention to this, only once I tried to focus on this. After a while I had a feeling like if I am surrounded by what I see. Like I dived in it. My awareness of my body disappeared for a short period of time. But it was no problem to just stop this event and open my eyes.

Is there a logical explanation for this? Maybe the eyes relax with this method or I have an eye illness (i hope not xD), which makes me see patterns, while having the eyes closed.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by celticpride
You really shouldn't be playing with this sort of stuff....there's a reason why people who've had their third eye open for a long time calls it a curse. It will draw intelligent (more intelligent than you) evil 'entities' to you...you aren't watching the t.v....you know? It's not a pretty light show that you can control. It's not a game. You think its funny now...wait until you start seeing and hearing things in broad daylight....and don't come crying if you end up having a heart attack because you've seen something thats just turned up next to you, out of the blue. It also constantly drains your energy, you can end up burnt out, in constant pain or just go insane. So for those who are trying to open their third eye cos they are bored...think wisely, at least you have a choice.
And, no, I don't want to talk about it.

show some proof. Your just fearmongering. All the entities I have ever seen were dumb as rocks.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I'm not fearmongering, just telling you like it is. I'm in my 30's and have always 'seen' what could be termed as 'spirits', felt 'ghosts' and generally had premonitions (none usually spectacular), since i was 2 and a half years old. I get sometimes one particular voice warning or calling me, and get the odd 'insight'. The human-based spirits are usually ok, you may get one once in a while that is a bit stroppy. But its ones that aren't human or animal based that start to really mess with your mind, or if you get something that doesn't fit with our dimension at all...reading theories is one thing, having 'things' turn up on your doorstep, at your window, creeping through your property and right by the side of you can give you such a start thats its possible to have a heart attack from it.
The problem with an over active third eye is that you can't turn it back off when it suits you, its extremely difficult to get it to 'calm back down', or close it...and once its going it will mess up your other chakras, leading to chronic pain and illness. Just check out any chakra website and read up on unbalanced, over-producing or blocked chakras.
Not sure what exactly i'm supposed to do to prove any subjective 'hallucinations' i've experienced to you, it can't be proved that chakras even exist, let alone that one in particular is over working. It's just one of those things, you either believe it or don't.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I have found that the exercises are like bodybuilding for the third eye in all respects. You can train for many months and get really strong. it takes a while to get really good. lay off of it for while and you will go back to normal.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Ok, if you insist...just don't forget the other chakras. TC

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
After browsing a bit of this thread and reading a bit of the source posted towards the beginning, I think I have an idea the sort of thing you people are speaking of doing. Any moral ideology or tips aside, I have one piece of advice you'd be wise to consider.

Its been four years, give or take a few months, since I've been active in any conscious way regarding metaphysics, dream-walking, etc; honestly, aside from the odd item which I've hidden away, that part of my life can safely be considered inactive. However, the past has a way of catching up at unexpected intervals. At a personal level sleep has become quite impossible due to various side-effects; the amount of energy I took for granted I could wield at a younger age has become a norm, and I sleep roughly three nights a week as a result. I grow just a weary, but my mind never slows, and it becomes as though I've been drinking coffee even though all I've attempted was to relax. If I'd been more careful forming the mental stimuli required to properly control such, I doubt I'd be having so difficult a time of it. If that weren't enough, there's the dreams that seem too real. They seemed pretty neat, since I was lucid and it was like another life, but its gone on too long. Years of going to sleep in my real bed and waking in the same dream, but the timeline is intact every time. That I can attribute to completely reckless experiments with forcing lucidity in my own dreams.

The last part of my little 'beware' speech is the part you truly should heed, though; these sorts of experiments, even if only with your own energies and mind, can leave residue which may be harmful to sensitives around you. I recently watched a close friend, of young age, clean medical history, and sound mind simply stop in mid-sentence and fall into a seizure. Hellish screams, concentric flailing, and the most frightening look I've ever seen on a human face without the aid of computer graphics; he awoke from the ordeal with a tale of a brief but horrendous experience about being removed from himself, within and among a great flesh, fighting and clawing to keep from something like a meat grinder. I'm quite familiar with seizures, my friends, and the sort of "hallucination" which accompanied the event is anything save ordinary. I bring it up because it is only the most recent of a long history of neurological disorders which seem to appear in my acquaintances. Tell everyone you care about not to touch one thing, and when you're not looking, they all touch it and get hurt; its human nature, and to tool around with things less tangible requires you to know that what you do affects your entire sphere of reality, and everyone nearby.

In short, I suppose what I mean to say is that you should carefully consider just how far you're willing to go, because somewhere down the line, maybe after you've forgotten all about this fancy, you'll have prices to pay for every rule you bent, and every balance tipped.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
omg,another scaremonger,hundreds of thousands of people meditate and open there 3rd eye around the world,you don't here them sharing nasty experiences,if they were also experiencing what you were experiencing the whole planet would be in mental houses,why don't you try going to some experts and getting yourself cleansed of entities or getting your friends cleansed,by the way if you or your family have mental disorders and you start messing around with 3rd eye I don't think your going to have good experiences,also if your a born again christian baptist,your already saved by god so spirits can touch you,maybe that's why I havent seen or experienced anything mental yet

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
can't touch u I mean(I hope) lol

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
hay malfieter,the whole of India meditate daily and open there 3rd eye,does that mean lots of bad # happens to them and there all mental being pulled through phantom meat grinders???
it's people like you who really scare people who are trying to relax and develop themselves spiritually,why don't you just get off the forum

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
interesting thread. I will read the book

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I agree that people should not play with these methods, especially out of curiosity and boredom. My opinion is some people are predisposed to experiencing this so there is no need for instructions or fear for those people. Anyone doing this willingly out of a learned sequence should NOT be afraid. You are basically signing up for this experience so be prepared.

I can do this due to my natural thinking pattern. I did read some of the instructions that OP followed and I disagree with one of them. Visualization is key. But you don't visualize that you are doing this. There is a natural form of meditation where you form mind thoughts aka visuals. This is a very natural process for me and I have never experienced anything negative, ever.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Meditation for religious practices involves the crown chakra...not the brow ( third eye ) chakra.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I'm not meditating for religious practice

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by cry93

Well there is more than one way to skin a cat. What works for you, may not work for others. With all due respect, your statement is a bit egocentric.

new topics

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join