It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima Now 72,000 Times Hiroshima Radiation (I hope this is alarmist reporting)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I hope this is alarmist reporting.

rense.com...

edit on 23-3-2011 by Analyze76 because: spelling

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Analyze76

cant find any other source on this, i'm going to have to call it a bit questionable.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Quite an interesting report.

Wonder what is really going on over there...

Containment should have been figured out the moment we discovered the bomb...

link   

Dr. Chris Busby verified today in an email that three spent fuel pools are totally blasted away and burned up. That puts the approximate radiation levels at 24,000 HIROSHIMAS x 3 = 72,000 times the radiation of Hiroshima now in the atmosphere. Remember, this is JUST from the spent fuel pools. Radiation escaping from the reactors is another story altogether.

Yes lets hope this is nothing more than sensationalism. If this is true then Japan is going to have serious issues to deal with. What does this mean for the rest of us though?

link   

Some of those pics are pretty crazy on the site that the rense article links to.

www.dailymail.co.uk... l

I had my dad's and my moms house flood during katrina (water over the rooftops) and it was a disaster. Everything was totally destroyed in the house after the water went down. The flooding where I was in Katrina was very gentile, the water went up and the water went down (after a week or 2). Still your fridge was in your bedroom and your bed was in your bathroom.

I can't imagine what damage a huge Tsunami has done to those plants. I find it hard to believe that anything would work at all after all that. anyways good luck to them.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I hope it is alarmist too. Usually when I read a thread like this. I give it no more of my time and move on.
But with all the non media attention I'm just not sure anymore. This may be the first time that I have that sick feeling because it very well could be what the article states

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

edit on 23-3-2011 by Flyzoid because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
The homepage has more ads on than Alex jones websites. until I see this on at least a somewhat creditable site I'm not going to lose any sleep. my first post btw, long time reader though. wish my first post was a little more interesting. oh well. thanks for the link op

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I HATE rense.com and especially that narcissist Jeff Rense, but the person who made that statement seems to be legit, so I'm giving an email to him in just a minute for verification, and a few simple questions. Will let you all know if there is a reply.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Only thing i can come up with after reading this?
well

It's GODZIRRA !

Lets grow some spare body parts whatdooyasay?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

I wish I could post something to allay your concerns...

If you want the truth however, you must be willing to hear it when it comes.

Mainstream media will never tell the truth. With that said, more info on this news...

First, who is Dr. Chris Busby?

Christopher Busby (born 1945) is a British scientist and activist known for his work on the health effects of ionising radiation. In addition to his academic appointments he is the director of Green Audit, an environmental consultancy agency,[1] and scientific advisor to the Low Level Radiation Campaign which he set up in 1995.[2] Busby was also the National Speaker on Science and Technology for the Green Party of England and Wales,[3][4] and the Scientific Secretary of the European Committee on Radiation Risks, based in Brussels.en.wikipedia.org...

Second, he is credible, Everything he said is panning out to be true.

Radioactivity form the Fukushima Catastrophe is now reaching centres of population like Tokyo and will appear in the USA. Authorities are downplaying the risk on the basis of absorbed dose levels using the dose coefficients of the International Commission on Radiological Protection the ICRP. These dose coefficients and the ICRP radiation risk model is unsafe for this purpose.

This is clear from hundreds of research studies of the Chernobyl accident outcomes. It has also been conceded by the editor of the ICRP risk model, Dr Jack Valentin, in a discussion with Chris Busby in Stockholm, Sweden in April 2009. Valentin specifically stated in a videoed interview (available on www.llrc.org and vimeo.com) that the ICRP model could not be used to advise politicians of the health consequences of a nuclear release like the one from Fukushima. Valentin agreed that for certain internal exposures the risk model was insecure by 2 orders of magnitude. The CERRIE committee stated that the range of insecurity was between 10 and members of the committee put the error at nearer to 1000, a factor which would be necessary to explain the nuclear site child leukemia clusters. The ECRR risk model was developed for situations like Fukushimathealphanews.com...

Dr. Chris Busby : The University of Ulster's Professor Christopher Busby says the Fukushimi nuclear plant explosions are comparable with The Chernobyl Disaster.

We are in for one bad ride....

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
I HATE rense.com and especially that narcissist Jeff Rense, but the person who made that statement seems to be legit, so I'm giving an email to him in just a minute for verification, and a few simple questions. Will let you all know if there is a reply.

Where did you get his e-mail? Can you post it in case any other ATS members have questions? Your not telling a fib are you?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Nope, no fib, lol!

I couldn't find a direct e-mail, but see that he's the scientific secretary of ECRR, so sent an email that way and am hoping it gets forwarded to him. If I don't get a response within 24hrs, then I will search a bit more for another way to contact him.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
This is impossible..well impossible in regards taht people are still alive and not dead, and japan isnt glowing at ngiht for the space station for that matter. 72,000 times the atomic bomb? no effin way...if that were the case, the radiaition would have englulfed 80% of the world already, at bad to severe levels. and it isnt htier yet anwyays.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

Actually, your reasoning is bunk.

Common sense will clear this up very quickly:

Energy release duration via nuclear explosion: very short

Energy release duration via overheated nuke rods: very long

Try again.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
good point*

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
We will know how bad this is very quickly. If you start seeing dead birds up and down the west coast you may want to leave..............yesterday

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I was thinking:-

... about what I would do with the stricken Fukushima reactors if I was in charge...

First secure #5 &6 reactors - which are located away from the four which have gone into meltdown. Remove as much fissionable material as possible using robots if possible. Take the waste off site to a facility which can deal with it.

Then the four broken reactors in a line can be entombed. But I think it might be possible to use them after a suitable covering structure is made, and the necessary systems attached.

Basically I'd make a kind of 'step pyramid' around the reactors. First make a perimeter of say - 10 or 15 metres from the sides and the ends. Hammer in thick interlocking steel girders deep into the ground.

Then use those star-shaped 'tetrahedrons' they use as breakwaters to make a pyramid shape, and fit a panel which can be slid over the top made from steel and concrete and lead.

Lay concrete at the base, then put tetrahedrons on top. The next layer will have a step, then fix steel bars in each successive layer, using vibration to get the tetrahedrons (star-shaped concrete blocks which interlock) - to touch the layer below with the minimum of air pockets.

A large and strong enough panel or series of panels can have all the pipes and valves fitted on to it before it is slid into place, and it can be slid into place by having it constructed on rails.

Once the top is in place, the pipes can be connected, and if they make an arbitrarily HUGE cooler system, it will continue to generate heat, but be enclosed and pose no significant danger to the surrounding area.

So if a cooler can be fitted then a turbine could be fitted as well.

The reactor's completely stuffed as it is, but it is going to be extremely hot for the next few decades, so why not get some Watts out of it while it dies?

That'd be fantastic if it could be done. But how many earthquakes are they having there a day? Dozens ... risky! Still - what other choice is there?

Bury it and get no use out of it or bury it in a way that energy can be used from it.

* All nukes should be drastically strengthened after this example. They should all be shut down until safety really is at the forefront. The planet doesn't need more energy, it just needs appliances which are more efficient.

- But reading this thread it looks like it might be over! Evacuate the biggest city on the planet!!!!!!! How?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Sampling from a monitor in Colorado -- part of a national network of stations on the lookout for radioactivity -- detected miniscule amounts of iodine-131, a radioactive form of iodine, the state's public health and environmental department said Wednesday in a press release.

edition.cnn.com...

According to what I understood iodine-131 was supposed to have dissipated within 8 days. (what did they mean "half-life" of 8 days?)

Potassium iodide is for iodine-131

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Analyze76

According to what I understood iodine-131 was supposed to have dissipated within 8 days. (what did they mean "half-life" of 8 days?)

The half life is the time it takes for half the substance to break down into another, (usually safer) substance.

Imagine we're talking about oranges having a half-life of 1 year, and breaking down into lemons.

If we start with a thousand oranges, after 1 year we'll have 500 oranges and 500 lemons.
After 2 years well have 250 oranges and 750 lemons.
After 3 years we have 125 oranges and 875 lemons.
After 10 years we have 1 orange and 999 lemons.

- This is assuming the lemons don't also break down. IRL they are also likely to be breaking down into other substances.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join