It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God's Wife, Asherah, May Have Been Edited Out Of The Bible Says Theologian

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Think what you want. You believe as you do because you do not know for certain that the gospels were true. Most people don't understand the spiritual things exist, and if they do don't believe in the concept of spiritual warfare or deception, hence the first time they experience the spiritual they think the beings whom they interact with have noble intentions because they seem of light. Worship whomever you please.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
For a long while I have thought the Abrahamic religions suffer from female phobia, the Bible never gives Gods gender yet man decided God was male, and I would hazzard a guess that the Quoran and the Talmud do also.

Before the Abrahamic religions took a hold female/male Gods were abundant.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Friend, I stand corrected in your case. The ones i was talking about are my neighbors. They have never read the Bible, they just believe everything the preacher says. Many times in a local forum I have posted things taken directly from the Bible, and been called a liar. My step son was told, when he mentioned that he meditated, that it was a mortal sin, and that he was going to Hell. He is 9 years old.

You have to be careful of people like that. I have tried to help people like that before and they exhibit a cult like mentality, with the pastor as essentially a cult leader with an agenda focused on power or making money.
They get so lost following their cult pastor they condemn anything "alien" to them as demonic, satanic or a sin. Like your example of meditation, their cult ignorance has caused them to not know that meditation has been a huge part of Judaism and Christianity. Its not remotely a sin, Halleluyah (Praise Yah) is basically a mantra. Aum and amen have similar definitons.

It really drives me crazy they would say something like that to a child. They don't know what they are talking about. I could go on a angry long winded rant, but I don't want to derail the thread.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
This would change "GOD" from one neutral form of energy into one of the polarity of a duality, therefore confirming what science has been continuously observing, that every change (think also "creation") comes from at least two interactive forces.

I know some of the religious people will jump on this one, but hopefully it will make sense for others:

Even if a "unique creator" existed/exists before anything else existed, the very act of creation would have required an "intention". An intention would have had to be generated based on a knowledge. Knowledge is associative, meaning that at least two bits of information must have associated to even generate the "intention." Therefore, "God" might not have been a singularity after all.... Place this in some common sense physics and follow that train of thought.

reply to post by ModernAcademia

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
It is no wonder god made women so beautiful, he initially wanted to make everyone the same until he got cheated on and threw his wife out. After this happened he thinks it is funny to see how many guys he can piss off by their women being so beautiful they cheat on them with everything walking. Since adultry is one of the ultimate sins, women have to work very very hard to get into heaven.....

Edit: Sorry gay men, you don't get to experience beautiful women like me and the rest of the straight world!!

edit on 3/24/2011 by Chrisfishenstein because: edit

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Asherah was an idol. Nothing in the Bible suggests that God approved of worshiping this idol or that he was married to her.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I believe that the goddess is referred to as Pistis-Sophia in the Gnostic Gospels. It doesn't surprise me that they found this. There's a father, a son, and a "holy spirit" with undeniably classic feminine traits.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

I agree with you, alot of the major religions are patriarchal, God is referred to as 'He' or 'Him', and it appears that women are to be considered socially less important (controlled). I too studied matriarchal and egalitarian societies, there is increasing archaeological evidence that they existied in ancient times up until the new religions came on the scene.

Do you ever wonder what the reason is? Where women too powerful at one time that they needed to be suppressed (controlled) through religion? Of course all we can do is speculate as a great deal of ancient knowledge seems to have disappeared (controlled?) but we still have to ask 'Why?'.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by coolottie

Jesus never wrote anything. That is a historical fact both in non-Christian academic circles and christian circles. he never wrote anything, never had a company, never owned land, left no will, he left less than Gandi which was nothing at all. Not even a body...

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I've noticed Asherah in alot of Mormon texts as well
Is this the same Asherah?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

That explains that Goddess Figure at the Church that we see at the window.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elsha
reply to post by TinfoilTP

Yet another attack on the most sold book in world history

How sad that God can freely give his word to people. Yet people themselves have to sell it to each other in order to profit from it. That tells me everything I need to know about "religious" people and their books.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join