It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your issue with everyone having the same rights? (gay issues)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by tasim
Homosexuals are everywhere....

...in YOUR world, which is why you have posted this thread.

blah, blah, blah.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by tasim

Give Homosexuals what THEY DESERVE AS HUMANS

This is merely a point of Semantics... but Homosexuals ALREADY have the same rights as everyone else.

We *ALL* have the "Right" to marry someone of the opposite sex, above a certain age... Even Gay People.

What you are arguing for, TECHNICALLY SPEAKING, is MORE Rights.

Well, if you really want to get SUPER technical, you are actually arguing for *LESS* rights.... you are arguing for state intervention in your sexual relationship... and that is the Epitome of *Less Rights*

Just saying is all.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Sounds like semantics (above)...

The original examples are right on the money.

My wife's mother was in a gay relationship (obviously after my wife was born/raised) for over 20 years until she died.

At the end, she was hospitalized, and nearly everything had to go through my wife (as her daughter), even though her partner of over 20 years had power of attorney.

In our case, it was cool, as we were more than happy to go with her wishes on everything, but imagine if my wife instead wanted to wield that power and shut her out?

In addition, after her death, had there been a legal marriage, the "spouse" would have still received certain benefits, etc., instead of them ceasing.

There are some very practical points for allowing gay marriage, and yes, it is seeking equality, for the "right" of marrying a sex they aren't attracted to, is not really equality.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

i agree with you and the OP wholeheartedly. i could say so much, but State Senator Savino puts it so much more eloquently than i ever could when she was addressing the NYS Senate:

top topics

<< 1   >>

join