It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doomsday bunker sales up 1000%

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Vivos, a company that sells rooms in 200-person doomsday bunkers, has received thousands of applications since the massive earthquake in Japan, with reservations spiking nearly 1,000% last week. And people are backing their fear with cash: A reservation requires a minimum deposit of $5,000.

CNN Article

The article is mostly a glorified commercial for some different companies selling the large multi-person bunkers or individual bunkers, but I thought it was interesting to see MSM acknowledgment of such a thing.

I had never heard of these large multi-person bunkers before. Personally, I would never want to be locked in a bunker with 200 other strangers in the wake of a cataclysmic event. I'll go it alone, thanks.

The type of people that would probably probably actually put down that kind of money to hold up in an underground hotel and let someone else do all the prep work for them are probably the top of people that would lose their ever lovin' minds and run around with their underwear on the outside of their pants when SHTF.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
this has been posted about 5 times in the last 10 minutes

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by AJStein

Wow i havn't seen this link 50 times in the past 5 minutes...Stop re posting things!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by xShadow13

See and when I looked for it first I didn't see it at all and got all excited. This is why I never post anything. Oh great mods, smite me you almighty smiters!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
What I don't wish upon anyone is how those who finally peek out of their luxurious bunkers will be treated by those who were left out, yet survived with only memories to their name.

Karma is a biatch. And they shall be smitten. A tad more severely than the smite that may befall the dude above.

edit on 23-3-2011 by gypsychology909 because: can't pass up chance to write 'smite'

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by AJStein

Ok, so I was not online last evening and was not privy to the umpteen posts about this particular issue, I just read about it this morning... and I just had to walk away for a few minutes wondering just what the heck is wrong with people... do they not stop to think??

The last time people flocked to purchase bunkers in such droves was right before the Y2K scare, according to Stephen O'Leary, an associate professor at University of Southern California and an expert on apocalyptic thinking.

And we all know how the Y2K thing worked out for us..... and by the way.... just how does one become an 'expert in apocalyptic thinking'??

Elan Yadan, a clothing store owner in Los Angeles, is one of the many customers who rushed to find a bunker last week. Yadan secured a spot for his family in a Vivos' shelter, putting down four deposits totaling $20,000 -- $20,000 that had been earmarked for a down payment on a new house.

Once Vivos collects deposits from at least half the number of residents needed to fill the bunker, it will take them on a tour of the near-completed site. At that point, they must pay the rest of the $25,000 reservation fee.

Poor man...and I mean that not in a sarcastic kind of way... but really, I think he's been played and he does not even realize it. I believe it was PT Barnum that said "A fool and his money are soon parted".... well it seems that this poor man's new home down payment and he were very cleverly parted indeed. Considering that when this company gets to the stage where they can do thier 'walk through' with clients that have already given over the downpayment, Mr. Yadan will have to fork over an additional $100K ($25K per each of the 4 family members) I hope his clothing business picks up a great deal......

The bunker, which is being built under the grasslands of Nebraska

This man lives with his family in LA?? And the bunker is in.... the grasslands of Nebraska??? Honestly, how is he planning on getting there? Car? Train? Plane? What if there is no way of transport other than walking?? Even then walking out in the open may not be safe and if it is, do they have the necessary skills to get them to the bunker in Nebraska from LA? Does he have a plan B? I sure as shootin' hope so.

I'm not knocking those who have or are planning to get an underground bunker... not in the least. Everyone prepares to the best of their ability for whatever they feel their greatest dangers are. But I would think it would be much more adventageous to have said bunker close to home so my chances of reaching it in time would be better.

I feel sorry for Mr. Yadan for having fallen victim to his own fears and for not allowing himself time to think about all aspects of the situation before being stripped of what will amount to $120,000. But the company, Vivos, should absolutely be ashamed of themselves for taking advantage like this.... I guess with a total of $28,500,000.00 on the line greed takes over and decent business practice gets tossed out the window.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   

top topics

join