It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Carolina Residents call 911 in fear of meteorite!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
A possible meteorite entering the Earths atmosphere late Tuesday evening had 911 centers in Southeastern North Carolina fielding multiple phone calls from concerned residents. New Hanover County emergency dispatchers interviewed Tuesday said callers described witnessing what appeared to be a large meteorite crossing the sky at a steep angle before burning out. Brunswick and Pender counties also received multiple calls, with some reports suggesting the meteorite had actually landed, but that could not be verified Tuesday evening. Meteorites are usually remnants of asteroids or comets that survive a fall to the ground through Earth atmosphere, according to Meteorite.org. But some have proven to be pieces of moon or Mars that broke off after an impact event and traveled through space.

hisz.rsoe.hu...

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by gmac10001

Why would anyone call 911 because they saw a meteor (they become a meteorites after they hit the ground)?

They must have thought it was an airplane? Odd?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Why would anyone call 911 because they saw a meteor (they become a meteorites after they hit the ground)?

It always astounds me some of the things people call 911 for in this country. I saw someone once call 911 because someone was blocking a parking space.

It doesent surprise me in the least that some tits called 911 because they saw a meteor. Thats the first thing these kind of muppets think to do. They have been programmed, it's a knee jerk response to anything remotely unusual or difficult. Call 911 and cry to them, they'll know what to do.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
really if ya see a meteorite and your still alive long enough to grab your phone then you should know your safe.. i remember reading something about a women calling 911 because a fast food chain (think McDonalds) messed up her order. stop the snitching.... on meteorites!!! joken.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
You would be surprised at the things people consider "emergencies" ha ha.

I work at the Family Crisis Center, and almost everyday I get a call from some person saying they have a crisis. I ask them how I can help direct their call, (after making sure their in a safe place, of course.) And they often say something like, "I need help lighting a grill" or "I am stuck in traffic and need a good route." ha ha just my two cents :p

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by angus1745

Originally posted by Blaine91555

It always astounds me some of the things people call 911 for in this country. I saw someone once call 911 because someone was blocking a parking space.

It doesent surprise me in the least that some tits called 911 because they saw a meteor. Thats the first thing these kind of muppets think to do. They have been programmed, it's a knee jerk response to anything remotely unusual or difficult. Call 911 and cry to them, they'll know what to do.

Actually, people ringing 911 when there is a big meteor is surprisingly common - it happens whenever a big meteor is seen by many people. Meteors can be very confusing to some people - a big one can easily catch someone unawares, since not many people have seen a big meteor in the flesh. Some think they have seen a plane in the process of crashing, or a UFO, or a missile... Here is a post I recently made that has more info and examples on the subject.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by nemesisbeta

"I am stuck in traffic and need a good route." ha ha just my two cents :p

Well I can't think of anything better to do when stuck in traffic..

new topics

top topics

join