It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama provides air cover for terrorists who killed Americans in Iraq

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
lockerbie?
Lockerbie: Megrahi Was Framed
the author is ex CIA

No one in authority has had the guts to state the truth about the bombing of Pan Am Flight 103 above the Scottish village of Lockerbie on 21 December 1988 in which 270 people were killed. The governments in England and Scotland in effect blackmailed Megrahi into dropping his appeal as a condition of his immediate release. Of course there were oil and arms deals under way with Libya; but had Megrahi proceeded with his appeal, some 600 pages of new and deliberately suppressed evidence would have set the seal on his innocence and given us more than a glimpse of how and why he was stitched up for the benefit of "strategic interests."

original.antiwar.com...

the truth is sooooooooo un american

edit on 24-3-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

No it's not. 'Cause if they're in Iraq, then they're not in Libya. Unless you believe in some sort of fourth-dimensional Quantum Arab or the like, I dunno.

And if you've got to choose between the two, get the hell out of Iraq, and keep working on safeguarding hteir asses in Libya. Two different situations, after all.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
THE EL CIA DUH is behind all this
in all the countries..
or don't you watch the news?
they were even in the balkans dude

Bryzynski brags about it
he created them he should know

so its all same same
obviously
edit on 24-3-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

No it's not. 'Cause if they're in Iraq, then they're not in Libya. Unless you believe in some sort of fourth-dimensional Quantum Arab or the like, I dunno.

And if you've got to choose between the two, get the hell out of Iraq, and keep working on safeguarding hteir asses in Libya. Two different situations, after all.

I disagree

if a man kills a US soldier in Iraq then
crosses the border into Libya, he is still guilty
of killing Americans, no matter what country
he takes refuge in. He is still the enemy.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
and the families of our fallen heroes in Iraq
should be screaming their lungs out on the
WH lawn asking Obama if he is a traitor.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Judging by the confirmations on other threads
this hi lights what the real ptoblem is

now they have put NATO, they said something about putting a Canadian commander in charge and I hear on the radio we are now going to NEGOTIATE with our terroist allies.

wowwie wowwie wiow

do I have to post the links where the new leader of the talibam has been having lunch at the white house all along since 911?

yes america
we is being playd
fo sukkas

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
now they have put NATO, they said something about putting a Canadian commander in charge and I hear on the radio we are now going to NEGOTIATE with our terroist allies.

their view of negotiation and my view of negotiation
are 2 different things.

my view of negotiation:
seeking a common ground

their view of negotiation:
throwing money at them

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
It's a fact that Libya harbors many Al Qaeda, almost as much as Yemen. There are some problems with you post though.

"Anti-American Extremists Among Libyan Rebels U.S. Has Vowed To Protect"
Is the real title of the article.

Quoting you:

US Planes are giving air cover for the same
foreign fighters who helped kill, 1,500 US Military
Personnel in Iraq.

Quoting from the article:

To be sure, extremist elements make up only a portion of the resistance to Gaddafi and have been present in every popular uprising in the region stretching from the Iranian revolution to the Egyptian people’s overthrow of Hosni Mubarak.

"only a portion of the resistance"
It's never a good idea to generalize.

Also: extremist elements is not the same as Al Qaeda, is not the same as Mujahedeen.
Libyan Islamic Fighting Group
As this wiki shows, tight relations between LIFG and Al Qaeda are far from proven.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Obama provides air cover for terrorists
who killed Americans in Iraq

According to a cache of al Qaeda documents captured in 2007 by U.S. special operations commandos in Sinjar, Iraq, hundreds of foreign fighters, many of them untrained young Islamic volunteers, poured into Iraq in 2006 and 2007. The documents, called the Sinjar documents, were collected, translated and analyzed at the West Point Counter Terrorism Center. Almost one in five foreign fighters arriving in Iraq came from eastern Libya, many from the city of Darnah. Others came from Surt and Misurata to the west.

On a per capita basis, that’s more than twice as many than came from any other Arabic-speaking country, amounting to what the counter terrorism center called a Libyan “surge" of young men eager to kill Americans.

During 2006 and 2007, a total of 1,468 Americans were killed in combat and 12,524 were badly wounded, according to Pentagon records.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

US Planes are giving air cover for the same
foreign fighters who helped kill, 1,500 US Military
Personnel in Iraq.

We bombed them in Iraq

now we are providing air cover for them in Libya

great job Obama, u r aiding the enemy
of the war on terror.

Gadhaffi was doing us a favor, now
we are bombing him.

Who's side are you on Obama ???

Who's side are you on Obama ???
Most likely the same side bush sr and jr was on.
edit on 27-3-2011 by Immortalgemini527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Are you channeling beck again?

Well, we have this interesting tidbit now from Time Magazine. The Obama administration knows that Al Qaeda is active in Libya. Quote, “Obama and his aids know that they are taking a big risk. It’s a huge gamble says the senior administration official.” Really? “The administration knows, for example, that Al Qaeda, which has active cells in Libya will try to exploit the power of vacuum that will come with a weak or ousted Qaddafi.” Hmm. This is exactly what we said would happen.

Really?

Time mentioned that we may actually be helping the terrorists with this air campaign. After all, if Al Qaeda is there, wouldn’t it be safe to assume that they are fighting against Qaddafi for power and control right now? A senior member of Al Qaeda said this about the uprising, quote, “The Libyan people have suffered at the hands of Qaddafi for more than 40 years. He’s used the Libyans as a testing ground for his violent, rambling, and disgusting thoughts.” He also stated, “He warned that retreating will mean decades of harsher oppression and greater injustices than what you have endured.” They are clearly not fans, those people of Al Qaeda of Qaddafi.

libyarevolt.wordpress.com...

Yet a few weeks before he was criticizing Obama for not helping the Libyan freedom fighters:

“I want to tell you about the U.N. Security Council. They voted last night to now okay a no‑flyover zone. To do that, you have to take out the air defenses of Libya. We are basically, in many ways, declaring war in Libya,” Glenn said.

“You must go in and take those things out. If I would have told you a year ago, six months ago, that France would be leading the way along with the UK and that France would be saying ‘I can’t even understand America. What are they doing?’ And France is beginning the bombing today, would you have said I was crazy?” Glenn asked.

“No, usually by now, France would have surrendered to Libya,” Pat joked.

“Why is France and the UK going after this with Libya? Because they have three percent of the world’s oil and most of the Libyan oil goes to Europe. If Libya’s oil goes away they are now beholden, self‑choices, they made all their choices themselves, but they will then be he beholden to Russia. This is so clear,” Glenn said.

“Now I warned against this last night to say, you know, the time to go and have a no‑fly zone was right away. I showed you why I believe the President didn’t. We are changing our allies in our country. We are no longer on the‑‑ I don’t believe we’re on the right side. We’re claiming to be, but all of the actions are that we’re not.”

www.glennbeck.com...

Talking point of the day: Obama is helping the terrorists again. Not keeping us safe.. Blah blah blah. Fox talking point regurgitated, as always on ATS despite the fact that a few weeks ago Obama was demonized for not jumping in the fight...

Obvious political spin is obvious.

edit on 3/27/2011 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Oh yeah that's a reliable source. Why don't you look at the evidence against him instead of some "the aliens are coming site." he's about as innocent as Saddam was.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
new updates:

DEVELOPING: A U.S. NATO commander does not rule out an Al Qaeda presence in the Libya opposition against Muammar al-Qaddafi.

Adm. James Stavridis says that intelligence has shown "flickers" of potential Al Qaeda in opposition groups but that there is still no detailed picture of rebel groups.

"At this point, I don't have detail sufficient to say there is a significant Al Qaeda presence," Stavridis, who is NATO's Supreme Allied Commander, Europe, and also the commander of U.S. European Command, said during Senate testimony Tuesday.

www.foxnews.com...

so NATO is now thinking Al Queda is among
the rebels. Hell, why didn't he just read this
thread at ATS 6 days ago.

It seems this new intel may be effecting
their air cover.

To the east, Libyan forces pounded parts of the city of Misrata on Tuesday, with tanks firing mortar shells and troops using heavy artillery in an effort to retake control of the city, a witness told CNN.

Coalition planes circled overhead but did not strike the tanks, he said.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Two Strong Views on Obama’s Libya Adventure: Pepe Escobar and Robert Parry

by Peter B. Collins on March 30, 2011 peterbcollins.com...

The Euro-US War on Libya: Official Lies and Misconceptions of Critics By James Petras and Robin Eastman-Abaya www.informationclearinghouse.info...

The first link above is a audio interview on what the heck is going on with Libya ...good info ...the second is a article over at information clearing house ...the Libyan thing has nothing to do with oil or aiding pro democry protesters ...It is a good read and pretty much agrees with the first link ...to sum it up its about having a military base ....peace

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I'm confused. Now we trust information in the HuffPo? But weren't they part of that evil 'MSM' last week? Gosh, it's hard to keep up with what is credible these days.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Wow. I was of the firm belief that Al Qaeda was a fictional organization. Afterall, Rumsfeld and Cheney were both on TV talking about these elaborate three-storied underground bunkers that were never found. Much like the WMD bunk in Iraq that never materialized. The Marines searched over 12,000 cave complexes in the mountainsides of Afghanistan looking for these Al Qaeda lairs and never found a one.

What a load.

It sure makes a convenient boogey-man though.

And these documents about Lybian rebel fighters couldn't have been discovered at a better time, could they have?
I don't know what makes me more ill, the fact that they spoon-feed us lie after lie, or that people don't see it for what it is.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
SO, some are saying these are 'al queda' hardened soldirs from Iraq. Others are saying they are rag tag soldiers with little skill on the battlefield. Others are saying Al Queda doesnt even exist.

which one is right?

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
warintel.blogspot.com...

It's something to keep an eye on, will be interesting to see what comes of it.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
And these documents about Lybian rebel fighters couldn't have been discovered at a better time, could they have?

the source says the documents were found in 2007.
and the docs corroborate other articles from other
threads which also state a large influx of foreign
fighters into Iraq to kill Americans.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

I think they are not playing games so simple to understand ' whose side ? '. one thing is clear that

' Obama is on Energy resources side like former presidents of the US '

they are now bombarding Libya and they rub their resources in two steps :

1. you ( Libyan people ) should pay for the bombs and military forces.
2.you should pay US to rebuild your country and provide peace.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
War will never be the solution, PERIOD. Both sides are wrong, plus we started it.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join