It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama provides air cover for terrorists who killed Americans in Iraq

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Obama provides air cover for terrorists
who killed Americans in Iraq

According to a cache of al Qaeda documents captured in 2007 by U.S. special operations commandos in Sinjar, Iraq, hundreds of foreign fighters, many of them untrained young Islamic volunteers, poured into Iraq in 2006 and 2007. The documents, called the Sinjar documents, were collected, translated and analyzed at the West Point Counter Terrorism Center. Almost one in five foreign fighters arriving in Iraq came from eastern Libya, many from the city of Darnah. Others came from Surt and Misurata to the west.

On a per capita basis, that’s more than twice as many than came from any other Arabic-speaking country, amounting to what the counter terrorism center called a Libyan “surge" of young men eager to kill Americans.

During 2006 and 2007, a total of 1,468 Americans were killed in combat and 12,524 were badly wounded, according to Pentagon records.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

US Planes are giving air cover for the same
foreign fighters who helped kill, 1,500 US Military
Personnel in Iraq.

We bombed them in Iraq

now we are providing air cover for them in Libya

great job Obama, u r aiding the enemy
of the war on terror.

Gadhaffi was doing us a favor, now
we are bombing him.

Who's side are you on Obama ???

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
My theory is that they picked Obama to be president because it sounds like 'Osama' which will slowly create sympathy once again for al qaeda. Sometimes they need their terrorists in order to topple regimes, and when the terrorists get too big they can go to war all over again.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I wonder if those US Pilots flying
over those rebel positions know
that those are the same people
they were bombing in Iraq ???

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
If a US Criminal crosses the border
into Canada, does it exonerate him
of his criminal activities in the US ??

That's the way it works in terrorism
it appears to me.

So if they cross the border back
into Iraq, do we bomb them again??

quite a conundrum wouldn't you say?

edit on 3/23/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Simple solution.

Bring the troops home. All of them from everywhere. Not sure anything else is much of an issue.

Peace
KJ

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
Simple solution.

Bring the troops home. All of them from everywhere. Not sure anything else is much of an issue.

Peace
KJ

I would totally agree with that
but good luck trying to get the
MIC to agree with ya.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Maybe Americans shouldn't have been in Iraq, huh? Crazy thought, don't you think? I mean, if I don't want to get shot, I don't wear a white hood in Watts, right?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

I know. I kinda laugh at people when they say American is not imperialistic. That seems weirder than saying Bank of America doesn't like money.

Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

True words that flow like water from the brains of mankind, sadly.

Peace
KJ

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
Maybe Americans shouldn't have been in Iraq, huh? Crazy thought, don't you think?

It's hypocritical to bomb them on the Iraq
side of the border and provide air cover
and supplies and ammunition on the
Libya side of the border.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Perceptions of 'the enemy' change all the time. For example:

Proclamation 5034—Afghanistan Day, 1983
By the President of the United States of America, 21 March 1983

The tragedy of Afghanistan continues as the valiant and courageous Afghan freedom fighters [The Taliban] persevere in standing up against the brutal power of the Soviet invasion and occupation. The Afghan people are struggling to reclaim their freedom, which was taken from them when the Soviet Union invaded Afghanistan in December of 1979.

In this three-year period the Soviet Union has been unable to subjugate Afghanistan. The Soviet forces are pitted against an extraordinary people who, in their determination to preserve the character of their ancient land, have organized an effective and still spreading country-wide resistance. The resistance of the Afghan freedom fighters is an example to all the world of the invincibility of the ideals we in this country hold most dear, the ideals of freedom and independence.

We must also recognize that the sacrifices required to maintain this resistance are very high. Millions have gone into exile as refugees. We will probably never know the numbers of people killed and maimed, poisoned and gased, of the homes that have been destroyed, and of the lives that have been shattered and stricken with grief.

It is, therefore, incumbent upon us as Americans to reflect on the events in Afghanistan, to think about the agony which these brave people bear, and to maintain our condemnation of the continuing Soviet occupation.
Our observance again this year of Afghanistan Day on March 21, the Afghan New Year, will recall for all the world America's unflagging sympathy for a determined people, its support for their refugees and commitment to achieving a political settlement for Afghanistan which will free that country from tyranny's yoke.

The Congress, by Senate Joint Resolution 65, has designated March 21, 1983 as "Afghanistan Day" and has requested the President to issue a proclamation in observance of that day.

Now, Therefore, I, Ronald Reagan, President of the United States of America, do hereby designate March 21, 1983 as Afghanistan Day.

In Witness Whereof, I have hereunto set my hand this twenty-first day of March, in the year of our Lord nineteen hundred and eighty-three, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and seventh. Ronald Reagan

Source
edit on 24-3-2011 by Boreas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Obama never new who he was backing in Libya. He just heard the word rebels and jumped behind them quickly in an effort to erase the black mark that his inactions in Egypt left him.

President Obama has no idea what is going on and doesn't know one day to the next what he is going to do unless it involves a white house pick up game of basketball or a round of golf. Bush jr had his faults, but he planned to do something, told us he was going to do it and then he did it. We knew where he stood, like it or not. With Obama you just never know where the wind will blow him day to day.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

No they are not.
The enemy of my enemy is still an enemy.

Your statement is how Sadam, Bin Laden and so on have come into power.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I wish my cave had a printer to print documents...

that would be later found by special forces..

anyone else seriously buying this load of horse pucky?
al fake-a

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Question Fate
I wish my cave had a printer to print documents...
that would be later found by special forces..
anyone else seriously buying this load of horse pucky?
al fake-a

who in the heck said they were found
in a cave??? ONLY YOU trying to interject
disinfo into this thread.

Al Queda has evolved into a sophisticated
enemy. They do not work out of caves.
They may hide in them occasionally
but that is an entirely different thing.

here is a copy of the document to prove
my point.

www.ctc.usma.edu...

better get a copy before it's deleted.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
It's hypocritical to bomb them on the Iraq
side of the border and provide air cover
and supplies and ammunition on the
Libya side of the border.

It's ignorant to assume Libya and Iraq share a common border...

Meanwhile they might have better luck fighting in their own country against Qaddafi than they had against US troops over in Iraq on some BS Half-Assed Jihad. It's good to see old Qaddafi is now reaping what he has sewn over the past couple of decades with his regimes brutality and ignoring the Libyan insurgency over in Iraq. Now they've all come home to roost.

Lockerbie anybody?

Bueller?

Anybody?

ETA: Clarification.
edit on 24-3-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
It's ignorant to assume Libya and Iraq share a common border...

lol dude, it was a figure of speech
and you knew that. I never said they
shared a common border with each other
but thanks for the cheap shot in your
tactics

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
tarpley.net...

2007 West Point Study Shows Benghazi-Darnah-Tobruk Area was a World Leader in Al Qaeda Suicide Bomber Recruitment
The CIA’s Libya Rebels: The Same Terrorists who Killed US, NATO Troops in Iraq

As I ve been tryin to tell folks all along...

westpoint even
thats some found in a cave

edit on 24-3-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Meanwhile they might have better luck fighting in their own country against Qaddafi than they had against US troops over in Iraq on some BS Half-Assed Jihad. It's good to see old Qaddafi is now reaping what he has sewn over the past couple of decades with his regimes brutality and ignoring the Libyan insurgency over in Iraq. Now they've all come home to roost.

Lockerbie anybody?

and you seem to be very un-sympathetic to
the families of our lost soldiers who died at
the hands of these foreign fighters.

Iraq anybody?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Slayer
do you support Al Queda ???
Cuz according to your posts,
it sure appears that way.