It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof of fate?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
We all know that not everyone in life will be lucky and have a great life. Probability will show that a certain percentage of people will be unlucky. End up with a disease. There spouse dies or even they do. Whatever the bad luck is, some people will get it.

What decides who gets this bad luck. Surely in order to ensure some people get this bad luck. Fate has to be decided in advance. Could statistics alone prove that some people are born to be unlucky? Could this be proof that cureses exist? In order to ensure that some people are unlucky in life. Does fate have to take over to make sure it happens? If not then why cant everyone have a great life?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
There's so many variables to consider, i don't think anyone's exempt from bad luck. Some people definitely seem to be luckier than others though and vice versa. I think a lot of that has to do with our mentality, if we expect to have bad luck, or think negatively in general I'd say we're more likely to experience negative events or at the very least we take a special note of anything we perceive as negative whilst disregarding the positive giving us the illusion that we're unlucky.

I do believe we bring most of it on ourselves though, either that or you buy into the hidden hand concept, a common route for the religious.
edit on 23-3-2011 by YouDeserveToKnow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrypticCriminal

We all know that not everyone in life will be lucky and have a great life. Probability will show that a certain percentage of people will be unlucky. End up with a disease. There spouse dies or even they do. Whatever the bad luck is, some people will get it.

What decides who gets this bad luck. Surely in order to ensure some people get this bad luck. Fate has to be decided in advance. Could statistics alone prove that some people are born to be unlucky? Could this be proof that cureses exist? In order to ensure that some people are unlucky in life. Does fate have to take over to make sure it happens? If not then why cant everyone have a great life?

I sort of go with the theory behind "the secret" however i hate the emphasis of getting rich that seems so prevalent in the theory of said method. I actually think the universe gives you back what you wish for or what you unconciously believe, i think thoughts have a lot more power than they are credited with, and also everything that exists started with a thought.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I believe there is enough resources and abundance on our wonderful planet for all of us to have a great life.
But we have linked to a different timeline.

Anyway, luck is kinda hard to define.

- is the dude lucky that gets up early to go jogging and finds a $20 bill on the ground?(early bird gets the worm)
but what about the guy that woke up earlier? One can say he Lost the Benjamin.
-is the dude unlucky that keeps getting hit by cars in traffic, so far 8 this year? ( stupid maybe ) Or is he lucky because he survived all of them?
- or the dude that keeps getting hit by lightning ? Still alive and kicking.
-you win a lottery , yeey luck but in the bigger picture, 11 months later they find you missing .

I think things happen just as they should.

edit on 23-3-2011 by gypsychology909 because: the avatar wont let me change it !!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Why does it have to be decided before hand, ever heard of karma
edit on 23-3-2011 by RANDOMguess because: (no reason given)

top topics

join