It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bomb undiscovered for weeks at Detroit fed building: union chief

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Bomb undiscovered for weeks at Detroit fed building: union chief

www.reuters.com

(Reuters) - A package found by a security guard at a federal office building in Detroit sat three weeks before someone thought to screen it and found it was a bomb, an official who represents unionized guards said on Wednesday.

A private contract guard, since suspended, apparently found the package outside in late February, said David Wright, president of the union that represents Federal Protective Service guards but not contract guards.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Oh wow they found a bomb after it was sitting there for three weeks. Why didn't it detonate like bombs are supposed to do? I smell something fishy here in regards that it was there for a few weeks and did not detonate... will this be used as an excuse to impose more security measures when the next patriot act extension comes up?

Isn't a fed building supposed to have better security than this anyway? What went wrong and why? It is a good thing that they got rid of it and no one got hurt.... but something doesn't seem right here.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

And after 3 weeks they fired the guy that found it?

We had a package sit for 7 days in the lobby of my building, and then the security guard decided he should check it out. Luckily it wasn't dangerous, but those $7 per hour, unarmed security guards aren't the best line of defense.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
They need to put the TSA there....lol....

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

My guess is it might be a bomb that is triggered by opening it, and not off a timer device, if in fact it is true at all.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

yea he got fired

Yea, that's what you get for not doing your job correctly.

You would think a fed building would have some competent security personnel.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

And after 3 weeks they fired the guy that found it?

We had a package sit for 7 days in the lobby of my building, and then the security guard decided he should check it out. Luckily it wasn't dangerous, but those $7 per hour, unarmed security guards aren't the best line of defense.

You get what you pay for. You want an amazing security guard? Pay a wage that would never be obtained working for a different employer. They'll value that job in new and amazing ways! Isn't that how most lunatics recruit their followers? They promise food to the starving. Then "All Hail Dude with the Food!".

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Alright who out there wants to bomb the Federal Building in Detroit, what for, and what do you hope to accomplish?

Anyone, anyone? No one, alright moving right along then...

Sounds like a bomb the FBI ordered to give to some 18 year old dissafected Muslim Kid while riding him around helpng him find a target that never reached the FBI Agents.

Maybe if they spent a little more money on the U.S. Mail Service instead of the TSA.

Better luck next time fellas.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

It could have a switch on it but I agree and that's the first thing I thought, I'm not really sure of the exact location of the package but being in the same line of work it would have been noticed right away.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

I can hear my grandpa sayin it now...if it was a rattlesnake it woulda bit ya.

And its a good thing it did not go off huh? Funny that....

Great find, S&F

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by chasingbrahman

You get what you pay for huh?

Not always

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
must have been a false flag?

or maybe ?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028

Oh wow they found a bomb after it was sitting there for three weeks. Why didn't it detonate like bombs are

because the bomb felt sorry for detroit after looking around.
maybe it thought its brothers already caused enough damage

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
wow it took them 3 weeks to find it? they are getting sloppy must be in a hurry

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Is this the second guard story I've read about guards finding bombs then getting fired???

It seems to be a trend. Fear-mongering to get more Patriot Act crap passed probably.

Seems like if you want to understand any bill on capital hill.. just read it opposite to get the truth...

"food and safety act" = destroy the food supply wiht GMO and make vitamins an unhealthy regulated substance
"Patriot act" = destroy everything patriots stand for and implement fascism
etc...

good post ugie

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Well, apparently the "See Something Say Something" deal being touted by The US Dept Of Homeland Security went right over these people's heads and were evidently exempted from receiving that memo.

Wow is all I can say on this!

Someone should've noticed a box sitting in the same spot day after day uncollected and unclaimed.
edit on 25-4-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by pianopraze

Is this the second guard story I've read about guards finding bombs then getting fired???

It seems to be a trend. Fear-mongering to get more Patriot Act crap passed probably.

Seems like if you want to understand any bill on capital hill.. just read it opposite to get the truth...

"food and safety act" = destroy the food supply wiht GMO and make vitamins an unhealthy regulated substance
"Patriot act" = destroy everything patriots stand for and implement fascism
etc...

good post ugie

They get fired for making it public, while the only way for them to keep the job is to ignore the parcel. Seriously, these people need to be outed. Finding a potential live device and saving a bunch of people should be grounds for a promotion plus a commendation and never termination. Someone's got a nice, phat lawsuit.
edit on 25-4-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join