It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul for president? Maybe.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Washington Post

Only a few months into his political career, Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) is considering a presidential bid.

“Rand would not run if his dad’s running,” said Jesse Benton, political director for Paul’s father, Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas). “But if his dad doesn’t run and he fails to see a viable candidate or candidates in the Republican field, that are serious about debt spending and the budget crisis facing our country, then he will be very tempted to weigh his options.”

He’s been visiting the key primary states of Iowa, South Carolina and New Hampshire, giving speeches and meeting with local Republican leaders — a largely under the radar effort because, until now, no one thought the newly elected senator would seriously consider the race.

Like Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.), another potential dark horse candidate, Paul says his main concern at the moment is to shape the debate and making sure the tea party point of view is included.

But with his advisers floating the possibility of a bid publicly, it’s worth examining whether Paul — Rand, that is — would be a factor if he ran.

Well well well, look what we have here. The Rand Paul camp is flirting with a possible presidential bid... if his father Ron Paul does not run. I personally think that Rand Paul is not ready. He was just voted into the senate a year or two ago. There is a similarity here between him and President Obama; Lack of experience. The only thing that Rand Paul has going for him is his father name and popularity within the republican and libertarian camps.

Do you think he will run?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
His father is a great American. The MSM has tried to turn him into some kind of national joke.

I could get behind Rand Paul. I like his Dad for V.P.

Come On ATS, Now that we own the media...Let's Roll !!!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I don't think he will run...Anyway, it really doesn't matter who is in the White House...Things are no longer run from there...Haven't been for quite awhile now....The truth be know, it isn't even being run from the United States ....

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

Rand Paul for president and Ron Paul for vice president. It does sound like a good pair, but a father/son ticket is unlikely in my opinion.

Somehow I can see potential voters having issues with that... but then again we voted bush sr and jr into the white house.... but thankfully not together on the same ticket.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I've voted for Ron Paul. But Rand? Please. No sooner had he won his election then he started saying sit down and don't rock the boat. The rich are in charge so get used to it.(of course I'm paraphrasing here but that was the gist).
That he is even considering about considering, demonstrates he has some kind of star struck impression of himself.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

I would love to see Ron run before Rand because of experience. I have a feeling IF Ron got elected it would be another JFK/Dallas experience and that'll pi$$ me off! I would take a bullet for that man and I've never met Ron Paul. If Rand is a third of the American his dad is, then I'd back him up but I don't think he knows how to strongarm politics yet. Rand is still a newbie and has great potential and needs a good solid track record voting for the American people's rights like his ole man.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by agentblue

I think that Rand's victory was an easy thing which was won on the heels of his fathers staunch support of the American people. But for my vote or support Rand must give solid explanations for his position which he elucidated upon his victory. Here's one site which questions him also.
Rand Paul Quotes

new topics

top topics

join