It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flying Saucers on Mars (1965 News Article)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Hi guys, searched for "Flying Saucers Mars" and nothing came up.

Just did a Google News check on the latest Mars news and there's a new thing on there I haven't noticed before which is archives.

Anyhows, I noticed this old newspaper article which may interest some of you:

news.google.com...,2239858&dq=mars&hl=en

I also noticed this one:

news.google.com...,4383648&dq=mars&hl=en

Look to the right of the image, what's the smudge? Looks like an overgrown footprint from a boot of some sort.
edit on 23-3-2011 by scottlpool2003 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
There is about 44 pages of each newspaper and all you did was tell us it's in there somewhere. Like finding a hay in a needle sack!

Seriously though, do you mind telling us what page these articles are on?

Thanks!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Sorry, my bad. I gave you the link I was on rather than the link I clicked! Ahaaa!!

Please see this link:
FI XED LINK 1
FI XED LINK 2

I hope!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
404. That’s an error.

yes indeed.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
ATS wouldn't accept the long link, please try the fixed link!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
first link is on page 5
second link is on page 20 and photo on page 22, very grainy and scanned pic. i dont see anything.
edit on 23-3-2011 by neonitus because: (no reason given)

the article is just mentioning a few wild theorys, then goes on to talk about the messenger probe , then throws in a few ufo cases.
misleading headline. : /

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Why does the left side of the picture look so different from the rest?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by neonitus
first link is on page 5
second link is on page 20 and photo on page 22, very grainy and scanned pic. i dont see anything.

Thanks, I hope you didn't have to sieve through and got there from the updated links I posted!

Thanks though!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by scottlpool2003

Your se cond link is a bad reproduction of the first image ever successfully transmitted from the surface of Mars. My parents were at JPL early on the morning of July 20, 1976 when this image was received from the Viking 1 lander.
120k .GIF
435k .TIFF

Because of the low transmission rate, the lander did not have traditional TV cameras. Rather, it had two turrets that were the grandfathers of today's digital cameras. The turret would take a verticle scan, turn slightly, and do another vertical scan, and so on. The pictures displayed in real-time (ok, ok... with a ~20 minute speed-of-light delay
) as each line was received. The image built-up on the monitor from left-to-right, vertical line by vertical line, It could take a minute or more to complete an image, depending on the size of the scan.

Viking soft-landed using rockets, and started transmitting as soon as it touched-down. Thus, when it started scanning the air was clear and the image bright. Then the dust-plume obscurred the sun, causing the dark lines of the scan, then the air slowly cleared and the scene brightened.

Hope this helps.

top topics

join