It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Expanding Earth, I have an alternative theory to share

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
To understand this alternative theory I am proposing you'll need to possess an understanding of what the term Cosmic Dust consists of. For those of you that would like to become more familiar with Cosmic Dust and how I am basing this theory, I have provided an image of the Introduction to a 26 page Harvard article that explains it in quite some detail as well as a link to the full article for those who wish to read it in it's entirety.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7ee6794c0529.gif[/atsimg]

Full Article

Now that you have an understanding you're probably beginning to put 2 & 2 together on this theory, but if not, allow me to put it in the form of a question.

The Earth is roughly 4.5 - 4.6 billion years old, how much expansion would occur in that amount of time with the constant accumulation of Cosmic Dust? Think of a ceiling fan but spherical. So in essence, this theory suggests that planetary bodies are nothing more than big spherical dust collectors that continue to grow as they constantly collect cosmic dust. To take it a step further, when two galaxies collide, they would most assuredly kick up some Cosmic Dust. Last I checked, there is no way to give the Earth a bath to wash all the dust off, it has just been collecting and growing since the Earth was invented

This ATS thread gives the aforementioned a little more credence:
The Milky Way - Welcome to your New Home Galaxy!

So there's an alternative theory for you, do what you will with it. The thread is open to any and all replies provided they're within the T&C's. Thank you much for reading.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Your theroy makes too much sense to be true.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Area51NightStandx

...that response is well worthy of a star.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
There are far more processes going on that release gas, dust and energy back into space...

BUT, it's a good point because it's the "snowball down a hill" idea.

If we go by Einstein's e=mc2, then as the Earth moves around the sun and collects radiation, dust and energy in different forms, it is in fact, gaining MASS. How much mass is a different question and would ultimately pave the way to finding out if the expanding Earth theory can hold any weight.

I think from what the OP states, that yes, the planet is "expanding" in a sense. S&F

~Namaste

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I wonder if geologists have stations that collect Cosmic Dust? One would think they could collect the dust over a certain amount of years and in theory should be able to calculate approximately how much mass (Cosmic Dust) the Earth would have collected in it's scientifically agreed (majority) upon age. Anyone aware of any such tests occurring?

ETA: With that data, they should very well be able to cross reference any dust and gas out-put to get a true reading on the actual mass accumulated.
edit on 3/23/2011 by UberL33t because: ETA

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
If you don't mind me saying so... This is absolutely ludicrous!

Earth is indeed expanding, but it is taking place at the fault lines.

Being as vision oriented as we are, I present a short video:

Much easier on the eyes than a 20 page report, not to mention quicker to deduce an opinion from.

Furthermore, this planet has been expanding and steadily filling itself with two highly combustive substances (H20) for the sole purpose of becoming a star. Hard to find in any Harvard write up, but it's the truth. Once you realize 2012 is when major transformations begin to culminate, I'm sure many of the current events will begin to make sense. It is indeed the greatest secret on Earth... www.youtube.com...
edit on 23-3-2011 by Mayura because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
No, no, no, you don't understand the point of ATS. You're supposed to ramble on about some prophesy you had about 2012 or something, not put up posts that make perfect sense...

Yes, sounds plausible,
So what are the implications of this find?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Besides earth,what about the outer planets?
Jupiter,Saturn,Neptune,Uranus.
Are they larger cause they collect more material?
Certaintly Jupiter,with it's huge gravitational field would attract more debris
Just like Saturn with it's many rings and moons.
Kinda like the vacuum cleaners of our solar system,
but like all vacuum cleaners,it doesn't get everything.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Mayura

you are on the right track

the Earth is expanding via the 'outgassing' and vulcanism processes

the ammount of cosmic dust that has accumulated over the 4 billion years of activity might
(this is just a guestimate) be around 2 kilometers in depth...hardly an 'expansion'
~more like an accretion process~

yes indeed... the Earth is gaing circumfrance or girth
because the liquid & compact 'mantle' beneath our crust
that rises to the sealevel...actually is 'expanded' in the sense its like that icecream that is puffed up
with air to make 6 ounces of icecream product swell into a volume that fills a 16 oz. container....

likewise with the tectonic ridges where the mantle product is infused with gasses from the subterranian
and puffs up as Lava and crust to our vantage point. creating land mass some 1.6 times larger than the material used to create the expanded material...
we tend to overlook or discount this factor because it is not - in the striictist sense- 'scientific'

but this is just another reason for the fringe thinking and conspiracy platform that the ATS forum provides...i'm glad there's this place to espouse these ideas/thoughts/theories/mind-bender confrontations to established, 'accepted norms' and 'Status Quo' of the scientific community ...

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

join