It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remarkable: Legal Status Agreement of BIS within Switzerland

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
So let's say you're an International Institution and your headquarters are in a particular country. You should establish with that country an agreement on your legal status with regards to that country's laws, right?

Some of you may be familiar with the Bank for International Settlements, some may not. As the oldest International Financial Institution in existence and (by its own admission) "the central bank of central banks," it is popular in global elite conspiracy theories.

Anyways, I've exhaustively studied the BIS, coming to the opinion that the Bank definitely sits somewhere at the top of the global financial architecture, which in turn, we are all apart. So I'm researching the BIS today and come across a pdf titled, "Agreement between the Swiss Federal Council and the Bank for International Settlements to determine the Bank’s legal status in Switzerland
I'm surprised I've never seen this before and am amazed at the content. Please look for yourself. You'll see the Swiss government gives the BIS full operating autonomy in nearly every conceivable way. Shocking. I've heard the Bank of England has a similar legal status within the UK and would love to see the similar document.
Can you imagine your government authorizing a private institution to get these special privileges? I know the WTO has special powers to carry out its operations in NYC as an example but pales in comparison.

Here are some excerpts:

Article 1 Legal personality The Swiss Federal Council acknowledges the international legal personality and the legal capacity within Switzerland of the Bank for International Settlements (hereinafter referred to as “the Bank”).

Article 3 Inviolability 1. The buildings or parts of buildings and surrounding land which, whoever may be the owner thereof, are used for the purposes of the Bank shall be inviolable. No agent of the Swiss public authorities may enter therein without the express consent of the Bank. Only the President,2 the General Manager of the Bank, or their duly authorised representative shall be competent to waive such inviolability.

Article 9 Free disposal of funds and freedom to conduct operations 1. The Bank may receive, hold, convert and transfer all funds, gold, currency, cash and other transferable securities, and dispose freely thereof, and generally carry out without any restriction all the operations permitted by its Statutes, both within Switzerland and in its relations with foreign countries.

I find this just amazing.

If you comment, please avoid making claims about other Institutions with similar statuses unless you provide citations. This is a 100% real legal agreement and I'd love to see others like it. I havent read the whole agreement so feel free to post other interesting parts. Thanks.

My ATS thread on the BIS

I must credit Patrick Carmack, producer of the Money Masters documentary, for bringing this to my attention.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
The Federal Reserve in America has has similar privileges in terms of its rights to refuse access. It is why congress has hard a very difficult time in finding out what the hell happened recently. It has been able to get bits and pieces from so much pubic pressure, but still pretty clueless on the overall picture and where the money went.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

What I find incredible about the BIS-Swiss agreement is that, unlike the the Fed in the US, the BIS is International and private. As I read it, they physically function like a very small city-state. Behind their doors, they can do as they wish. Pedophilia? Rape? The Swiss government here seems to give near-total independence.

Of course, the elite people who work with the BIS aren't street criminals but have carte-blanche here.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Moonsouljah

From my understanding that is how the Fed operates as well. No legal branches can get a warrant to walk through the door. A revolution by people sounds like the only way, although the secret services don't use warrants so not real sure what happens their. There are a lot of close connections between the BIS and the Fed, as well as a few other banks.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

Of course there are very legitimate security issues that justify some of this. I've toured a Fed Res building and their employees don't even move the cash, its all robots.

And, I suppose the its commonplace for a bank to do what it wants in private.

top topics

join