It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What should a soldier do?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by here4awhile

Remember My Lai, No Gun Ri, Wounded Knee........

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Well I personally don't think I will join the army of my own free will...but I have fear's that the Draft Act will be brought in sooner or later and the choice would be out of my hands...I suppose I could disappear...either that or fail at disappearing and go to jail lol

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

OK partner. I have read some responses which will sink you. Pay them no heed. Start here:

www.constitution.org...

Article 92 and Article 89. You need to have clear your responsibility to obey lawful orders first. Once that is crystal, ensure you are tracking with the General Orders for theater and unit SOP. You have to be able to tell the difference between what is wrong by law and what you just may not want to do.

If it is straight "killing civilians", there should be no question mark in your mind. You know that answer. While not always handy, you have outlets and resources. You have a Chain of Command, your NCOs, and in this case you may have access to JAG. Chances are they have heard it all before so they can slice through the fog for you.

Think about it this way: Killing a non-combatant can get you convicted, prison time. Disobeying a questionable order, maybe an Art 15 depending on the circumstances and how you handle it. If it comes down to protecting you and your buddies, well, there should be no question on that either.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

First if you do not act like a killing robot you are marked as a "problem" and may be assigned to a suicide type mission.

I saw this happen to two guys who ticked off a high ranking officer at Ft Jackson during the Vietnam War.

That said, you can do as my Father did during WWII. Ask for the order in writing. Say you want to make sure you completely understand the order. This WILL get you marked as a trouble maker but you could be luck like Dad was. He was transfered to JAG, the Army Lawyers

It helps if you have the actual chapter and verse that allows a soldier to ask for his orders in writing ready to quote.

GOOD LUCK

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
it depends on what kind of soldier and which army this soldier is, for example; a soldier in Colombia fights and kills kids (not older than 14 years), these kids are the army of FARC, sons of farmers, a bit sad... but it is the true.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join