It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Declassified Military Manual: 'Attack Domestic Organized Rioters as Enemy Troops'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
This declassified document details a military training manual which discusses the use of military forces in domestic disturbances. The PDF can be downloaded here:

www.fas.org...

Under extreme circumstances, U.S. military force may be turned against American civilians. An unusually explicit 1945 U.S. military field manual (pdf) described tactics for suppressing riots or protests when State and local officials are unable to control the situation.

“Domestic disturbances are manifestations of civil unrest or tension which take the form of demonstrations or rioting. These public demonstrations or riots may reach such proportions that civil authorities cannot maintain law and order by usual methods. Such disturbances may be caused by agitators, racial strife, controversies between employees and employers concerning wages or working conditions, unemployment, lack of housing or food, or other economic or social conditions.”

“A city held by any organized rioters will be attacked generally in the same manner as one held by enemy troops.”

Visit the complete article here:
www.fas.org...

So if the local authority refuses to provide protection, or cannot otherwise provide that protection, federal troops can be used. So what happens when broke state governments cannot afford to pay local authorities? There have already been huge cuts in police forces across this country.

And worse, this was from 1945 and supposedly has been revised. Yeah, revised? In favor of who? I guess now that police forces have battle tanks, that pretty much answers the question.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
and thus we have Kent State
as an example

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Wow, I was unaware that American police had tanks. I can also hardly see a use for them in everyday situations either. However, if there are any, feel free to inform me of what and where they can be used. Spending on tanks for regular police is a good way to send the country broke and into the state it is in now.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
To me it's just the "no mercy" attitude. Yeah, bring military weapons to bear against a bunch of people upset over some social circumstance. How are we any better than Saudi Arabia? Or Iran? Or....take your pick.

The "revised" rules are probably worse. It's these kinds of things I read that reinforce the rule of "no mercy" to be shown to police or military either if that situation ever arises. Even if he is my brother. Cause he is clearly trained to show no mercy to me. Even if I am his brother.

They better send in the Oathkeepers first.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Oh, this is soooo to be expected. And there are those who claim that the military "would NEVER fire on their own countrymen!"

Sure. I will believe that when I see them walking away from the commander ordering them to shoot. I suspect it won't happen much when the SHTF.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by PsychoShado

They do indeed have tanks sir, there was a mainstream media article and I believe a tread here. When I locate them I will post them for you.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Thats crazy! but it is from 1945 I would hope they have reviewed and changed it , I'm hoping anyway.
I cant believe they classify "protest" and "riots" as even close to the same thing. IMO there is a big difference between burning cars,buildings , and beating people down opposed to a large organized "peaceful" protest.
"Sigh"
thanks for posting

edit on 23-3-2011 by paradiselost333 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
This is just the same as Gaddafi.
Obama would do just the same as Gaddafi.
But Obama is condeming Gaddafi.
will the rest of the world and UN
stand up to Obama in the same way
as they stand up to Gaddafi?

you yanks need to get this taken out of this document.
or get them to addmit that
Obama is just the same as Gaddafi.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

I Live in San Jose which is in The San Francisco Bay Area an I can 100% for sure tell you the police in Most cities here Have Tanks..Campbell Ca, which has only 40,420 people Keeps 2 Tanks ready and actually patrol Downtown Campbell on weekeneds. Ive seen other Tanks in San Jose Oakland and San Francisco

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

This manual is precisely why the Founders were against having a standing army.

The historical precedent of military use against citizens (WWI vets at that!) has been established.

The Bonus Army

Anyone who believes that military forces won't be used against the populace is seriously deluded.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I don't need to read ANY of the article to know that
no where does it mention that:

If things are bad enough in this country that enough people are causing sooooo much of
a disturbance to warrant sending in the MILITARY, maybe we should try to figure out and fix whatever is pissing everyone off!!!!

Nahhh, much easier to just bomb the $**T out of our own cities then make the survivors foot the bill for cleaning up the mess

Anyone??
Anyone????
Helllloooooooo?

America is and has been for some time now.....D.E.A.D.!!!!

If you still believe that B.S. they taught you in grade school about the "Land of the free" or the "Home of the Brave"
You are delusional and I question your ability to tie your own shoes.
edit on 23-3-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by bozzchem

That's a great article. And they would do that to starving WWI vets, who just wanted their promised pittance after risking their very lives for the country. So what would they do to you?

There has been many more recent documents posted on ATS over the years, like NSPD-51, the Patriot Act, and other stuff that just shows these latest "revisions" are only meant to increase their power and control over the populace, by brute force.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Here are a few links in case you want em.

dosmosis.blogspot.com...

www.infowars.com...

jalopnik.com...#!5720776/why-do-americas-police-need-an-armored-tank

There are tons of photos too, just search for police tanks.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

No offense meant but could you enlighten me on who he is working for. Bare in mind this is not an attack just pure curiosity as to what you are saying.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
reply to post by TrueAmerican

It is obvious who you are working for. Your only interest is damaging the national security.

Could you please enlighten the rest of us as to who TrueAmerican is working for?
I would like to know.
I would also like to know if they are hiring as I just lost my job and can't seem to find work.
Thanks in advance.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Yes, who are you whore kink for?
enquiring landminds want to kNWO...

the national insecurity noe doubt
edit on 23-3-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Veeee have Vays of Mayking ewe talk.
Now, who does number two work for???

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

top topics

<<   2 >>

join