It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasa editing images?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
This site claims that Nasa is blatantly cropping and altering "raw" images.
I have seen some really excellent debunking of similar claims here at ATS.
He makes some interesting arguements. I lack expertise to evaluate them.
Any thoughts?

His site

Cimmerius

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 09:27 AM
link   
He's done a very good analysis and given enough data on his site to prove that is the case....

I'm like you though, I cannot be sure, although in the final few pictures where he dissects thewhite sky, I would hav to agree with him, as in my experience, skies do not show a uniform shade/colour throughout.

If this is the case, what are NASA hiding?
I don't believe that a geyser in whatever form, be it on Mars or anywhere else is of such a magnitude that it needs to be hidden from the general public.... we have had data on other planets/moons such as Titan that show such things as volcanos and geysers, so why cover it up on Mars?

Maybe the images caught a martian leaving its hidey hole for a closer look at the otherworldly invader parked near its front door

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   
He does make a good point, but again what is the motive? Hiding a geyser? Are'nt they looking for water? Also, could the sky issues may simply be a product of the differnet atmosphere?

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Uniform skies are far more common than thought. I see them all the time in Earthly photos.

Remember that Mars has no atmosphere ( zebu.uoregon.edu... ) So of course you're not going to see clouds.

I also find it interesting that he complains about a jagged sky line ... but he does 1 pixel tricks with no feathering, in order to sharpen his images: www.xenotechresearch.com... Kinda like the pot calling the kettle black, if you ask me. ( www.xenotechresearch.com... talks about frame stacking and stretching frames. Come on. These are supposed to be unedited photos!) I'm all for life on Mars and plan to vote for Kerry come November, but this guy cliams to make astounding discoveries while he heavilly edits the frames sent back from Nasa. That's suspect.

[edit on 25-7-2004 by ktprktpr]

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   
A video came out in 2000 or 2001 titled "The Disclosure Project". On it, there was a woman who had been contracted by NASA to do some work for them in the digital engineering or along those lines. While she was at work another co-worker had shown her a picture of the planet earth with a UFO hovering. She asked what they were supposed to do with it, and the co-worker said that NASA usually has us air brush it out. If you want the video, I can send it to anyone. It is called "npcc_full.wma" online.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I dont see nothing wrong, the various images are from different cameras, that are on different locations, so the angle is not the same, only in distant pictures the difference may be discarded.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   
This topic has been extensivly researched and proven to be quite wrong..

Go read it here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   
ktprktpr I hate to inform you, but Mars does have an atmosphere and it does have clouds and even frost//snow. Oh also fog and icey-mists.

This "editing" business however is crap, the guy doesn't know what he's talking about. Where's Kano when you need him?

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I don't know it they do but It is strange now a days to see mars with a blue sky like on this image

marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Very interesting.. I hope that there are in fact NOT altering photos, I can't think of a good reason to do so. If they are and this makes it's way to the public it could seriously damage thier credibility.

top topics

join