It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Paid For This Man’s Uniform?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
They're in good condition, but like other posters have said, that's the old BDU style.

The new style is the "digitized" pattern.

Still weird to have woodland camo in the desert. If Qaddafi's planes ever get in the air again, maybe some of them can stand up with their arms spread out while the other "hide" under their "branches".

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
If that is a US uniform, than it was the uniform pattern from the 1980’s. I had to wear it for a few years back then. All though the patter dose look a little different from what I remember. Either way its most likely from an on line surplus dealer.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Pardon, but no. Surplus woodland BDU has been sold the world over for decades.

3 color and 6 color desert camo is no longer used by our troops and is also surplussed the world over.

what the US is using now is Desert and Woodland MARPAT for the Marine Corp.

And the US Army is using UCP-Universal Camouflage Pattern aka. ACU(Army Combat uniform)

And currently being issued Multicam ACUs

They can get it anywhere.

I have UCP, Multicam, woodland BDU, and black BDU uniforms plus a lot of gear to go with it. NOt exactly hard to get a hold of.

Now if you see pics of Libyans in Multicam and UCP THEN we can assume the US government is providing them with material aid.
edit on 23-3-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

The Libyan Army has 3 types of uniforms.. plain green jumpsuits like our Air Force wears only.... Green. Sometimes with a green trench coat.

Sand Brown worn by females for ceremonial purposes, blue and grey for combat (to wear this you must be a sexy virgin and a part of the super elite female virgin body guard, and no I'm not joking)

Green camo which is the other Libyan combat uniform.

No frikin idea why no uniform in Libya blends in with sand.. they all wear a form of green..

The rebels are wearing those uniforms because the actual Libyan Army defected with rebels, thus they kept their own uniforms.

The other rebels, those without guns usually, took the extra uniforms and what weapons they could find from conquered Army Depots.

In short... no, we didn't give them anything so far. And most contracts in Libya were with French and Italian companies, a few German, and prior to that, 2003 and before, Russian/USSR.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join