It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Paid For This Man’s Uniform?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
and why do I have the feeling it was me.

The following are images of supposed Libyan rebels all wearing what appear to be new US military type apparel.

fascistsoup.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Well my first question is why green camo?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by sabbathcrazy

Ya know...now that you mention it, I noticed the green camo last week and thought it was kind of odd, and my guess then was that maybe it was surplus from the jungle wars they picked up cheap?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by sabbathcrazy
Well my first question is why green camo?

Because US arms dealers want to unload surplus temperate camo and cut our government a deal on it?

Desert camo is still in demand by our own armed forces.

edit on 23-3-2011 by mnemeth1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by sabbathcrazy

Well we aren't going to give them the good desert camo... that's for US.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by NeedsNoName

That may be another reason.

We want to be able to clearly identify who is what, and giving them desert camo would make that more difficult.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
You do realize that anyone can buy that? Where did they get their other cloths? Do you think we gave them those too? This seem a little absurd.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Could be a supply drop by allied forces to keep the rebels going until such time as approval could be given for the allied force to intervene. Wait was approval ever really given.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

None of those are US camo patterns or uniforms, they look closer to german than us

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by n0tsan3
You do realize that anyone can buy that? Where did they get their other cloths? Do you think we gave them those too? This seem a little absurd.

Sure, anyone can buy that.

But apparently there are a lot of Libyan rebels who have a lot of excess cash laying around and access to a US army surplus store.

AK's, web gear, military jackets, ammunition, and other implements of war cost a lot of money.

Something those guys don't look like they have much of.

I find it highly unusual that so many different reporters are posting so many pictures of so many rebels all wearing the same type of gear.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
They certainly are well equipped for the rabble roused rebels arent they?

Who's leading them? Whos paying for those bullets?

Rebels dont fight wars, they skirmish until they run out of bullets.

Who is supplying these men?

Does Russia or China supply this type of Camo?

What weapons are they using?

The gun is smoking, lets look close and see whos holding it.

GM

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

But woodland camoi in the desert??? It makes no sense, none... All to cut a deal and for these rebels to play army army dress up? Its odd more then anything. A pair of khakies and a tan t-shirt might provide better concealment. Its like a bad B movie budget over there. Wag Wag Wag

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
My son is in the military and I can tell you that the uniform pictured here is out of date by several years (10 at least). This is not the "new" style. You can see the new style here.

Big difference.

The uniform in these pictures can be purchased at any Military Surplus Store. I think Walmart even has this pattern!
edit on 3/23/2011 by ThreeSistersofLoveandLigh because: Add information

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
They look like US jackets to me.

M65 jacket

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I think ur over reacting just a wee bit.
You didn't pay for that uniform.
Regular Libyan Army has Camo
BDU's. Some may even be stored
in armories around Libya. Several
armories were raided by rebels
in the east and that is probably
where the uniform came from.
I doubt they are dropping them
from C-130's.

Here's a pic of Reg. Libya Army BDU's

Libya BDU's

edit on 3/23/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

perhaps.

However the Libyan army is who they are fighting against and those BDUs do not look like the ones in the pictures.

They look new and they look like US gear.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
What I am saying is that this style of uniform has not been Used by the United States military in over 10 years. When they change the style all of the old uniforms (used and unused) are "decommissioned" and made available to the "general public", including any "rights" to replicating the pattern.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ThreeSistersofLoveandLigh

It is definitely the old style, but we have tons of those things just laying around. Am I the only one who thinks the new ones are silly. You should see the trails of Velcro patches those things leave in their wake.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
It is definitely jumping the gun to say these are US supplied. Even if they were, it really wouldn't be costing you anything since these would not be new units being purchased. It would be old stuff that we aren't going to use anymore. It would probably cost you more money filling up a warehouse somewhere than it would if it was just given to the rebels.

As far as where they are getting their stuff, if not from the US, I think anybody's guess is as good as mine. A previous poster commented on capturing stuff from the actual Libyan army, that personally seems the most likely to me.

Now, if they were all sporting digital camo and M4, THEN I would really assume the US is supporting them.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by DrCarter

I have! They are a pain in the butt to wash!

James1982:

I have to agree with you there, though these might "look" like old US uniforms, I doubt that they are.

Funny thing is that I wore that style pattern when I was in the military...so I know how outdated it is.
edit on 3/23/2011 by ThreeSistersofLoveandLigh because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join