It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Morals of an Alley Cat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Religion claims to have the rights over morals - but even Plato recognised that morals were to help up get on as a group.

Indeed our morals are mostly driven by our Pack animal behaviour - feeding of the pack, working as pack animals to know that our strength is in numbers. So what would our morals be like if we were highly intelligent solitary herbivores, or even solitary carnivores e.g. Alley cats?

Our morals and values would be completely different - but still correct?
edit on 23-3-2011 by templar knight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
What are you or whom are you directing this towards city people or what? Can you clarify your point more?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
lol, I like your question!

If we all had the morals of my cat...
then everything was allowed to get to food and defend my teritory,
and there would be nothing wrong with my authority problem, I'd make everyone my servant and people would understand that I never obey to anyone.
I could smack my kitten and husband because they touch MY stuff.... hm, maybe some humans do have the morals of an alley cat after all

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by templar knight

Morals are the judgment of something based on a scale.

Example:

10 - Bad

5 - Neutral

1 - Good

Discard the labels, (Good, Bad, Neutral) and you are left with the entirety of the sujbects range, state, or degree. The labels of the scale only represent different degrees of the subject, but they are all comprised of the same thing.

Morals are subjective and using the above analogy they are also meaningless if not non-existent (imaginary) entirely.

new topics

top topics

join